JC Biology Class  Mr. Perkins, the biology instructor at a posh suburban girl's junior college, said during class, "Miss Smythe, would you please name the organ of the human body , which under the appropriate conditions, expands to six times its normal size, and define the conditions."   Miss Smythe gasped, then said freezingly,  "Mr. Perkins, I don't think that is a proper question to ask me. I assure you my parents will hear of this."  With that she sat down, red-faced.   Unperturbed, Mr. Perkins called on Miss Johnson and asked the same question.  Miss Johnson, with composure, replied, "The pupil of the eye, in dim light."   "Correct," said Mr. Perkins.  "And now, Miss Smythe, I have three things to say to you.  One, you have not studied your lesson. Two, you have a dirty mind. And three, you will some day be faced with a dreadful disappointment."   Link: http://www.jokelibrary.net/education/school1.html#old_fashioned_catholic_discipline

PhilboydStudgePiper2TiffaneeAdaWill_JanitorBlewynanifailSunny_the_skepticRoosterBub
JC Biology Class Mr. Perkins, the biology instructor at a posh suburban girl's junior college, said during class, "Miss Smythe, would you please name the organ of the human body , which under the appropriate conditions, expands to six times its normal size, and define the conditions." Miss Smythe gasped, then said freezingly, "Mr. Perkins, I don't think that is a proper question to ask me. I assure you my parents will hear of this." With that she sat down, red-faced. Unperturbed, Mr. Perkins called on Miss Johnson and asked the same question. Miss Johnson, with composure, replied, "The pupil of the eye, in dim light." "Correct," said Mr. Perkins. "And now, Miss Smythe, I have three things to say to you. One, you have not studied your lesson. Two, you have a dirty mind. And three, you will some day be faced with a dreadful disappointment." Link: http://www.jokelibrary.net/education/school1.html#old_fashioned_catholic_discipline

JC Biology Class

Mr. Perkins, the biology instructor at a posh suburban girl's junior college, said during class, "Miss Smythe, would you please name the organ of the human body , which under the appropriate conditions, expands to six times its normal size, and define the conditions."

Miss Smythe gasped, then said freezingly,
"Mr. Perkins, I don't think that is a proper question to ask me. I assure you my parents will hear of this."
With that she sat down, red-faced.

Unperturbed, Mr. Perkins called on Miss Johnson and asked the same question.
Miss Johnson, with composure, replied, "The pupil of the eye, in dim light."

"Correct," said Mr. Perkins.
"And now, Miss Smythe, I have three things to say to you.
One, you have not studied your lesson. Two, you have a dirty mind. And three, you will some day be faced with a dreadful disappointment."

Link: http://www.jokelibrary.net/educ...lic_discipline

Link:

Marianne Marianne OP

Good one, but I'm with the girl because the pupil of the eye is not an organ, the eye is but for the sake of the joke it had to be named as an organ or it wouldn't have worked as well.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Good one, but I'm with the girl because the...

Right you are, Sunny, the pupil is, actually, an aperture, a "hole", and the eye is the organ, with

- Cornea
- Iris
- Ciliary body
- Lens
- Retina

and you would have to refer to the iris sphincter muscle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I...hincter_muscle

But many jokes are not so precise - well, there are still lots of controversed ideas and interpretations, and without these errors, many jokes would be lost.

(confused)(hehe)(hehe)

Marianne Marianne OP

In response to “Right you are, Sunny, the pupil is, actually...

Hmm, well they could have used part of an organ as well, the **** as well as an organ is also technically merely a part of the whole female reproductive system but is the only one that we can observe without special equipment.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Hmm, well they could have used part of an...

Of course, lol.
(hehe)(hehe)

Marianne Marianne OP

In response to “Of course, lol. (hehe)(hehe)

The joke is awesome, I really wouldnt be able to think anything else either, poor Mr.Perkins

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “The joke is awesome, I really wouldnt be able...

Yes, indeed, and that seems to be also one of the problems with present-day and former education systems ...
As we know, human nature tends to exaggerate or to underestimate.

Marianne Marianne OP

Ha! Good one! (hehe)

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Ha! Good one! (hehe)

Lol, thank you, Rooster (hehe)(hehe).

Marianne Marianne OP

In response to “Ha Ha!

Lol, thank you, Will
(hehe)(hehe).

Marianne Marianne OP

In response to “(hehe)

Thank you, Jan - (hehe)(hehe) ...

Marianne Marianne OP

That is cute

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

In response to “That is cute

Thank you, Metal, (smile)(hehe).

Marianne Marianne OP

In response to “(biggrin)(biggrin)

(smile)(y)(hehe)

Marianne Marianne OP