ErasmusB_FurmanSmallBubTiffaneeRoosterBrianlWill_JanitorMasha

Nobody :)

TiffaneeWill_JanitorRoosterBubMetal_god14
2000 years ago Pliny the Elder complained about Rome's destruction of the environment, leveling of mountains for mining and pollution of the seas. Some things will never change.

Oh Oh... and then Rome burned.

Bub Bub

Yeah, I remember that guy! I think he's a distant relative of Al Gore! Pliny 'knew everything' too and even invented the Internet of the times. Pliny's Natural History, a book about the whole of the natural world. The work is divided into 37 books, organized into ten volumes. These cover topics including astronomy, mathematics, geography, ethnography, anthropology, human physiology, zoology, botany, agriculture, horticulture, pharmacology, mining, mineralogy, sculpture, painting, and precious stones.

You would have thought as smart as he thought he was, he would have avoided Mt Vesuvius. It's assumed that the third big eruption took him out.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Yeah, I remember that guy! I think he's a...

Some things never change

ErasmusB_FurmanSmall ErasmusB_FurmanSmall OP

I was going to say I heard Pliny was selling carbon credits in Pompeii, but he probably died in an attempt to save the lives of some friends of his during the eruption, so credit where credit is due.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P...he_Elder#Death

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Oh Oh... and then Rome burned.

Bub Bub

In response to “Oh Oh... and then Rome burned.

That was Nero, not Pliny.

I heard Nero was bundling shady fire insurance policies and making a killing by selling them to the investment houses.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “That was Nero, not Pliny. I heard Nero was...

Yup. Same era. First century A.D.

Bub Bub

Nope! Some things never change at all! Different time and different place maybe, but that's it.

Rooster Rooster

Yup some thing's indeed never change.

Even 2000+ years ago there were whinny know it all's

It should be noted the Pliny the Elder was apparently wrong. Just like Gore the Moron

Brianl Brianl

In response to “Yup some thing's indeed never change. Even...

Gore made another huge fortune to add to his inherited oil wealth.

Maybe he's not as dumb as he looks and sounds. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Gore made another huge fortune to add to his...

Criminals can be very intelligent. However in Gores case he seems to more Shady, and opportunistic like an old snake oil salesman.

Brianl Brianl

The names sound like comic strip characters. 😄

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Imagine that. Pliny and Elder understood the issue 2000 years ago and 30% of the US still doesn't get it. My guess is it's the same 30% who think Trump is doing a good job.
Even when it smacks you in the face you still refuse to see.
On behalf of people living in reality everywhere I'd like to thank you for **** it up for everyone.
This is the dumbest country on the planet.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “Imagine that. Pliny and Elder understood the...

As an FYI.

There are plane flights leaving the dumbest country literally every few minutes.

And if you are short on cash. You can start a Go Fund me Page. I'm fairly certain the dumbest people here in the dumbest country will generously donate.

Brianl Brianl

In response to “As an FYI. There are plane flights leaving...

Thank you for proving my point.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “Thank you for proving my point.

Just how does that prove your point. Which by the way you were making no point.

You were simply running down the country that has brought more freedom to the world than ANY other country or civilization ever.

And BTW it is Pliny THE Elder it's not two people

Brianl Brianl

Love it or leave it is a ridiculous defense for anything and the point was stupidity in America.
Who exactly did we bring freedom to? You could say Europe except for the fact that without Standard Oil supplying fuel, Ford supplying parts,Alcoa providing aluminum for planes, DuPont providing chemicals and Prescott Bush acquiring funding Hitler would have been dead in the water. We have overthrown more democratically elected govts and been responsible for more acts of terrorism than anyone else in the world.

We not only have the largest prison population on the planet we also have the highest incarceration rate. With 5% of the population we have 25% of the world's prisoners.
In a country that prides itself on freedom we have the least amount of people who are free.

23% of Americans think the Sun revolves around the Earth. 12% think chocolate milk comes from brown cows and almost half don't know that Judaism is older than Christianity. That means they look at books called The Old Testament and The New Testament and can't figure out which one came first.
Tell me we're not stupid.
Oh,and I know it's not 2 people. Oops.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “Love it or leave it is a ridiculous defense...

OMG I Cannot believe the drivel you just posted. I really don't understand how someone such as your self doesn't move to what ever country you see as having it all together.

Certainly you must have an idea of a country or region in the whole world where life and the people are ideal.

For me to bother countering your Saul Alinksy talking points would be like trying to teach a pig to sing. it would waist my time and annoy you.

Brianl Brianl

In response to “OMG I Cannot believe the drivel you just...

Seriously? The best you can do is to double down on love it or leave it and throw in Alinsky as the left wing bad guy?
In other words, you have no response and have to resort to RW talking points like Alinsky and a perfect world pipe dream as a defense.
Does that ever work?

Thank you for, again, proving my point.

urwutuis urwutuis