Are you tired of the posts that cite one random **** that happens to be a liberal or a conservative, just to stir things up?  The society will always have a few on the fringe.  Posting about idiots on either side is avoiding issues we all could chew on in a constructive way.  <strong>Amirite?</strong>

LoganPhilboydStudgePiper2TiffaneeWill_JanitorCarlaRoosterBubMetal_god14
Are you tired of the posts that cite one random **** that happens to be a liberal or a conservative, just to stir things up? The society will always have a few on the fringe. Posting about idiots on either side is avoiding issues we all could chew on in a constructive way. Amirite?

Yes, I agree but everyone is entitled to their own opinions and what they observe. It'll always be that way.

Rooster Rooster

Rooster Rooster

I just made a comment about that on another post. There are people that will dig around the internet for any old **** story, true or not just for the sake of a bait post. They must lead really boring lives.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I just made a comment about that on another...

I agree with that also.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I agree with that also.

I invite people here everyday and the number one thing that turns people off is political bait posts. I hear that all the time with this site.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I invite people here everyday and the number...

It's not as bad here as I've seen on another particular site.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “It's not as bad here as I've seen on another...

Yes there are worse sites for it but there are also some that are so much better in that department. Go to a site with no political bait posts and they are so much fun because there is no one trying to stir the pot.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Yes there are worse sites for it but there...

Yes, I belong to another small site that is just friendly people. One big thing I like about the gaming Forums! No politics there at all! (biggrin)

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Yes, I belong to another small site that is...

I have been on one site for a few years and I have never seen a political post and there is virtually no trolling at all.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Yes they must if they have nothing better to do than be online all day looking for ways to piss somebody off I mean come on I enjoy the internet too but there is real world out there to enjoy too

Metal_god14

In my experience, few people on opinion sites are interested in actual discussion, particularly when it comes to politics.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “In my experience, few people on opinion sites...

Yep. People would rather smear, exaggerate, threaten, and yell than have an actual discussion (both online and in person, sometimes, it seems). This is the state of political discourse these days, unfortunately.

Logan Logan

I know, - right? I mean it's not all of Hollywood for example. Just the
Actors
Actresses
Comedians
TV Producers
Cinema Producers
Music Industry
Movie Industry
Cable Networks
Union bosses
Harvey Weinstein Casting Couch Scheduler

Cabbies aren't citizens so don't count them. So are all the lackeys for the
Actors
Actresses
Comedians
TV Producers
Cinema Producers
Music Industry
Movie Industry
Cable Networks
Union bosses
Media

Budwick Budwick

Very true! I still believe a large percentage of the American public is moderate.

Perhaps the problem is that moderates are less entertaining than extremists. I'm not sure if it's the new media's fault for pushing narratives that will get people riled up (to boost ratings), or if it's our fault for reliably viewing clips of irrational people.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Very true! I still believe a large...

I have to agree with you that more people are in the middle (moderates) than on either end. I find myself a little left of center when it comes to social issues and a little right of center when it comes to economics and how we spent our money. I resent the constant comparison of the 1% to everyone else. Most of us realize we will likely never be in that 1%, but we would like to be in a position of having a good job that pays well enough for us not to have to live from paycheck to paycheck.

Linnster Linnster

I totally agree!😄

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

There are a lot of thoroughly uninteresting people on this site.

Logan Logan

There is room for everyone. Perhaps some people go on in a certain vein since they are trying to work out their issues around it.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

Not so much, I suppose because I've become accustomed to seeing those kinds of posts. They do get a bit tiresome , especially when the poster regularly demonizes the other "side", and the random **** is presented in an attempt to prove that view.
Many of those who do that, also block most everyone who dares to disagree with them. They are obviously not interested in discussions that might possibly be 'constructive'.
I noticed a couple of those kind of posts just today, with a "source" known to report stories that are blatantly false.
http://www.snopes.com/democrat-...of-allegiance/

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Not so much, I suppose because I've become...

I knew that story was fake before seeing the post on here. Some will post anything just for the purpose of baiting people. I try to just laugh at it but it does become tedious.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I knew that story was fake before seeing the...

Yes, and the really sad thing is that many people are so willing to just believe anything and everything that supports their narrow views. :/

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Yes, and the really //sad// thing is that...

That is what they do. They don't bother to check the facts first before posting. It says more about them than anything they are trying to discuss.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I'm here for the laughs. Deep thinking about anything bores the bloody pants off me because nothing is real. Some may make a carefully researched point... one that by any stretch cannot be refuted. They may believe they've scored points... but to what end? Why do some feel they must make everyone see that their way is the right way?

Bub Bub

One political spam post after another, blah, blah, blah.

Tiffanee Tiffanee