Are you tired of the posts that cite one random **** that happens to be a liberal or a conservative, just to stir things up?  The society will always have a few on the fringe.  Posting about idiots on either side is avoiding issues we all could chew on in a constructive way.  <strong>Amirite?</strong>

LoganPhilboydStudgePiper2TiffaneeWill_JanitorCarlaRoosterBubMetal_god14
Are you tired of the posts that cite one random **** that happens to be a liberal or a conservative, just to stir things up? The society will always have a few on the fringe. Posting about idiots on either side is avoiding issues we all could chew on in a constructive way. Amirite?

Yes, I agree but everyone is entitled to their own opinions and what they observe. It'll always be that way.

Rooster Rooster

Rooster Rooster

I just made a comment about that on another post. There are people that will dig around the internet for any old **** story, true or not just for the sake of a bait post. They must lead really boring lives.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I just made a comment about that on another...

I agree with that also.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I agree with that also.

I invite people here everyday and the number one thing that turns people off is political bait posts. I hear that all the time with this site.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I invite people here everyday and the number...

It's not as bad here as I've seen on another particular site.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “It's not as bad here as I've seen on another...

Yes there are worse sites for it but there are also some that are so much better in that department. Go to a site with no political bait posts and they are so much fun because there is no one trying to stir the pot.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Yes there are worse sites for it but there...

Yes, I belong to another small site that is just friendly people. One big thing I like about the gaming Forums! No politics there at all! (biggrin)

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Yes, I belong to another small site that is...

I have been on one site for a few years and I have never seen a political post and there is virtually no trolling at all.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

There are the political shock sites, but most good discussion sites don't have what you see here. I have no friends I would recommend to come here tbh since I am always on the fence myself.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “There are the political shock sites, but most...

The conservatives love those sites. I check the links they post and they are almost always BS. They have zero credibility 99% of the time.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “The conservatives love those sites. I check...

It's not an accident that most of the well educated population do happen to be liberal, not that there aren't exceptions. Well educated conservatives are too smart to put up posts about one nut job liberal making noise.

Random_Thoughts OP

Last night, I checked in only to see a post that contained an image of a dog being tortured. It was supposed to make us all hate all Muslims. The image is gone. Someone else got it down before I could report it.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “Last night, I checked in only to see a post...

I saw that. That is the kind of moronic offensive **** we have to put up with it on here.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I saw that. That is the kind of moronic...

How that particular poster is even still here is beyond me. He attacks on a daily basis with some of the foulest language, some of it downright abusive. His views of women, muslims, and liberals is downright scary. I have seen him threaten others.

His posts alone would make a new person stay away. You don't have to be uptight to be offended by that level of hate and imagery.

I notice that an animal loving Christian isn't bothered by his godless posts, simply because he is a conservative.

Last I checked, you aren't allowed two accounts on here either and he has a sock to back him up within seconds of his filth.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “How that particular poster is even still here...

Yes I know. It is laughable he is allowed to stay on here. He wouldn't last 5 minutes on some other sites.

I have had people refuse to join because of certain people and it is always the same few people that turn them away. They are killing this site.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Yes I know. It is laughable he is allowed to...

The latest posts on it's pages seem to convey it's mostly a biblical, conservative site. There should be a limit. There used to be more liberal posts, but I notice they get swarmed with opposition to shut down good conversation. I don't see liberals running in flocks to do that to their posts.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “The latest posts on it's pages seem to convey...

Conservative trolls are easily the worst because they are so desperate. They can't find much that is positive to say about Trump so they stir the pot with any old BS they can find that is anti-liberal. Their posts are rarely about any of the current issues that the country is facing. It is blatant trolling.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Conservative trolls are easily the worst...

Desperate is the word.

Random_Thoughts OP

By the way, this entire conversation is gold...

Bub Bub

Some of it is so out there, that I really wonder if some take these crazies for real.

It's gotten really ridiculous lately.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “Some of it is so out there, that I really...

They are so desperate for attention they will post anything. Half the time the stories are not true or they are blown all out of proportion. Anything to bait people.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “They are so desperate for attention they will...

Checking out their sources if they ever provide them usually come from extreme type websites.

Random_Thoughts OP

Yes they must if they have nothing better to do than be online all day looking for ways to piss somebody off I mean come on I enjoy the internet too but there is real world out there to enjoy too

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

In response to “I agree Metal.

Yes the internet is fun but come on can it compare to being on a beautiful lake with a fishing pole in hand listening to heavy metal tunes with a tent and campfire or spending time with your significant other like I do with my beautiful Angel that is the best to me I love you Angel

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

In response to “Yes the internet is fun but come on can it...

She's a very nice person and deserves to be treated like a lady. I'm glad she has that off this mad house.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “She's a very nice person and deserves to be...

Yes she is a nice person and she is my beautiful angel now and always will be she means the world to me

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

In response to “Yes she is a nice person and she is my...

Glad you are here Metal. I can't sign on much while at work, but like what you post. (smile)

Random_Thoughts OP

In my experience, few people on opinion sites are interested in actual discussion, particularly when it comes to politics.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “In my experience, few people on opinion sites...

You would be surprised. I don't buy into the fact we have to dumb down ourselves to satisfy a few vocal pot stirrers.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “You would be surprised. I don't buy into the...

I am not "dumbing down", RT, simply stating what I see to be happening on these sites today. That being that most are not interested in actually having discussions.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I am not "dumbing down", RT, simply...

I know I don't see you putting up dumb posts for a reaction. I guess I just think we could do better here.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “I know I don't see you putting up dumb posts...

Sure we could. And I would love to see that happen on Amirite. Once upon a time I was on a site where we actually did have discussion and debate. There was still a lot of animosity and bait posts, too, but that seems to be true of all sites that aren't echo chambers.

Bozette Bozette

Yep. People would rather smear, exaggerate, threaten, and yell than have an actual discussion (both online and in person, sometimes, it seems). This is the state of political discourse these days, unfortunately.

Logan Logan

I know, - right? I mean it's not all of Hollywood for example. Just the
Actors
Actresses
Comedians
TV Producers
Cinema Producers
Music Industry
Movie Industry
Cable Networks
Union bosses
Harvey Weinstein Casting Couch Scheduler

Cabbies aren't citizens so don't count them. So are all the lackeys for the
Actors
Actresses
Comedians
TV Producers
Cinema Producers
Music Industry
Movie Industry
Cable Networks
Union bosses
Media

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I know, - right? I mean it's not all of...

Opinionated people on both sides that happen to make a lot of noise.

I could make a list as long as yours, but I don't want to be part of the problem.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “Opinionated people on both sides that happen...

You don't want to be part of the problem? Is that a new thing? Cuz just last week you posted -

"Do you laugh out loud like I do when you see Trump supporters still posting about Hillary? Really? Do they really care about her or they just can't come up with great reasons to support Trump?"

Cuz, that kind of sounds like someone trying to stir the pot to me. But, if you've had an epiphany since then, I'm behind you 100%

Budwick Budwick

In response to “You don't want to be part of the problem? Is...

I was posting my observation about something I was seeing over and over here. I don't get up there with some silly political story with little basis to stir a pot.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “I was posting my observation about something...

I noticed one of your other biased observations -

"The latest posts on it's pages seem to convey it's mostly a biblical, conservative site. There should be a limit. There used to be more liberal posts, but I notice they get swarmed with opposition to shut down good conversation. I don't see liberals running in flocks to do that to their posts."

The front page today has a myriad of topics.
Abortion
Christianity across the Universe?
Gun control
Hedgehogs
Emotional health
Quotes
Favorite songs

And that doesn't even include the coven that has me blocked. Maybe you need to look a little harder for topics that interest you and less for topics that piss you off. Just sayin.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I noticed one of your other biased...

Biased observation by a biased guy.

Pot calling the kettle black, just maybe?

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “Biased observation by a biased guy. Pot...

Yeah, except the pot never said , "I don't want to be part of the problem."

The kettle did.

Budwick Budwick

Very true! I still believe a large percentage of the American public is moderate.

Perhaps the problem is that moderates are less entertaining than extremists. I'm not sure if it's the new media's fault for pushing narratives that will get people riled up (to boost ratings), or if it's our fault for reliably viewing clips of irrational people.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Very true! I still believe a large...

I have to agree with you that more people are in the middle (moderates) than on either end. I find myself a little left of center when it comes to social issues and a little right of center when it comes to economics and how we spent our money. I resent the constant comparison of the 1% to everyone else. Most of us realize we will likely never be in that 1%, but we would like to be in a position of having a good job that pays well enough for us not to have to live from paycheck to paycheck.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I have to agree with you that more people are...

I'm probably similar to you. I am conservative with some issues that are personal to me, but moderate enough to not want to put that on others. I do believe in social programs that help the less fortunate and the middle class. I am not OK with any politician existing because they support big business that don't share the wealth.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “I'm probably similar to you. I am...

Yes, that description is pretty much in line with my own. I do believe there are people who we must care for - the elderly, the disabled, children - if they cannot get proper care otherwise. I also believe that there are people deserving of welfare who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own and need a temporary leg up until they get on their feet. I don't believe in generational welfare, however. I share your view on politicians.

Linnster Linnster

I totally agree!😄

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

There are a lot of thoroughly uninteresting people on this site.

Logan Logan

There is room for everyone. Perhaps some people go on in a certain vein since they are trying to work out their issues around it.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

Not so much, I suppose because I've become accustomed to seeing those kinds of posts. They do get a bit tiresome , especially when the poster regularly demonizes the other "side", and the random **** is presented in an attempt to prove that view.
Many of those who do that, also block most everyone who dares to disagree with them. They are obviously not interested in discussions that might possibly be 'constructive'.
I noticed a couple of those kind of posts just today, with a "source" known to report stories that are blatantly false.
http://www.snopes.com/democrat-...of-allegiance/

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Not so much, I suppose because I've become...

I knew that story was fake before seeing the post on here. Some will post anything just for the purpose of baiting people. I try to just laugh at it but it does become tedious.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I knew that story was fake before seeing the...

Yes, and the really sad thing is that many people are so willing to just believe anything and everything that supports their narrow views. :/

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Yes, and the really //sad// thing is that...

That is what they do. They don't bother to check the facts first before posting. It says more about them than anything they are trying to discuss.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “That is what they do. They don't bother to...

That is why I am hesitant to ever post an article about a crazy conservative. I know the media is not reliable.

Random_Thoughts OP

I'm here for the laughs. Deep thinking about anything bores the bloody pants off me because nothing is real. Some may make a carefully researched point... one that by any stretch cannot be refuted. They may believe they've scored points... but to what end? Why do some feel they must make everyone see that their way is the right way?

Bub Bub

One political spam post after another, blah, blah, blah.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “One political spam post after another, blah...

With the latest accusations of those that would dare challenge her as socks. I saw it before it got removed. (hmm)

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “With the latest accusations of those that...

She has made the same kind of comment all over again. She will never grow up.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “She has made the same kind of comment all...

She will bark up the wrong tree at some point and after blocking everyone, she will get plenty bored.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “She will bark up the wrong tree at some point...

She is making a fool out of herself at this point.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “She is making a fool out of herself at this point.

I would never poke at her without cause, but her run of putting down other posters while keeping them blocked is not cool.

I am opinionated too, but it's why I don't block. It would be a cheap shot to say something without leaving myself available for a discussion.

Random_Thoughts OP