<em>Is there a "coolness" factor with using abbreviations?</em>

Not for me, it just saves on typing on small devices. You gotta love how kids adapted it though. Adults made small texting devices yet attempted to write punctuated sentences on them like they were writing a letter. Kids came along and said omg idky ur doing this lol

OzSurfer OzSurfer

It seems like everyone's sentences are riddled with abbrevs these days....some of which I don't understand.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Not for me, it just saves on typing on small...

That makes sense. So is it difficult for you to type sentences in long form? After you've worked on your cell phone.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “That makes sense. So is it difficult for you...

I'm usually ok and I'm a faster typist, but sometimes I slip into an abbreviation, especially on here.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

Zero coolness factor.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

I know people that use them so often that it is like reading some kind of secret code.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Maybe .... but I don't know what most of them mean, so the "coolness" goes over my head. (hehe)

JanHaskell JanHaskell

Using as little punctuation as possible seems to be even cooler

Bub Bub