When I first joined Amirite it was daunting even though I was on Sodahead which was a massive community. At first I was so frustrated because I made posts and would get 2 or 3 comments on them and to come from making posts with 500 plus comments and 70 plus People on them I was seriously pissed off. I stuck it out and thought of ways to share my posts occasionally and noticed that as members/friends acclimatized to their new surroundings the more activity my posts would receive. I suppose what I've observed on here is the more you put in the more you get back and I am not just talking about post content. I'm talking about my own attitude towards others that I'll admit at times has been sketchy *I'm far from perfect and I'm not afraid to admit that* I know for some it's quality over quantity but for me I want both.

I think..........

TheVibeAlchemistDW2AdaWill_JanitorTheCensoredBritergoproxyZonkeyBallsBub

doctorwho1011TiffaneeStarzAboveAdaWill_JanitorMarianneprimeiroBlewynanifailZonkeyBallsRoosterBub

Explained by Darkest_Serenity...

I encourage discussion and I don't expect every post to be a success but posts like my Child **** Doll post for eg that I did have certain expectations of and you my friends certainly didn't disappoint keep me posting. Tell me about your posting experiences on both here and Sodahead. Tell me what you hope for when you're constructing a post or you have a great idea.

Should have seen this site 7 years ago, it was amazing & thriving. Posts would get agrees & comments in the thousands. The fun is lost when you make it a competition instead of posting your truth & opinions. I feel like the numbers shouldn't honestly matter if you have quality thoughts & know your own value.

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist

Anything over 10 comments is a successful post to me these days.

Tiffanee

I usually do look for the quality but being the joker I am? I try and find something to get a laugh from people. Seems to me when people are happy and laughing? They post piles of comments. But that's just me. I enjoy humor.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I usually do look for the quality but being...

I'm the same. I come here to have fun. There is enough seriousness in the real world. I don't need it here as well and seriousness becomes boring really quickly. That is why I have short fuse when it comes to political posts, they are just so tedious.

Tiffanee

In response to “I'm the same. I come here to have fun. There...

Yep! I also come here for some fun and enjoyment!

Rooster Rooster

Sorry, I just made two political posts. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Sorry, I just made two political posts. lol

You don't make them everyday so that is OK. The people that make them every single day are the ones I find tedious.

Tiffanee

In response to “You don't make them everyday so that is OK...

Especially the ones that are nothing but lies, only to stir and bait other members on this site.

I always wonder why, if they love the president so much, they don't post about all the good things he is doing for the country, but we all know the reason why. They are living in the past and can't forget Hillary or Obama. Seems as though they are more concerned about those two than they are about the moron.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I like a good debate now and again.
I also enjoy poking certain alt right people who hate me:]

Carla Carla

In response to “I like a good debate now and again. I also...

It is good entertainment, isn't it. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “It is good entertainment, isn't it. lol

Absolutely:)

Carla Carla

I have almost totally forgotten SodaHead.
The last time I deactivated on Amirite ( the 38th time I think) I missed the place almost immediately... and that includes all the quarrelsome Cons... (hehe)

I agree with both Tiffanee and you... and Rooster :)

Bub Bub

Was never on sodahead but I note Reddit where I am a member but rarely post gets loads of answers to questions.If I get into double figures here or anywhere else I consider that success.Got a silly potato question running elsewhere that's proving popular.May try it here later.

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

In response to “Was never on sodahead but I note Reddit where...

I like potatoes, blew:)

Carla Carla

I loved Sodahead, but I like this site as well. There were so many members on SH, therefore a lot of comments on all questions. But here, I don't worry about how many replies I get, I just like to state my opinion, make some posts, whether humorous or political, it depends on my mood, and move on.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I wish I was better at posting decent questions, sadly I'm not but I respect greatly the time and effort you guys put in to make this all work.
乂º◡º乂

Ada Ada

In response to “I wish I was better at posting decent...

Ditto.
And you are a hoot. When you are around, you almost always make me smile.

Carla Carla

In response to “Ditto. And you are a hoot. When you are...

Whats a hoot babes, it has two o's like boobies. (biggrin)
乂^◡^乂

Ada Ada

In response to “Whats a hoot babes, it has two o's like...

A hoot?
Means you're fun, you make me smile:)

Carla Carla

In response to “A hoot? Means you're fun, you make me smile:)

Aww bless ya, you're a fun person to be around too babes and thank you. 乂º◡^乂

Ada Ada

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist

In response to “Should have seen this site 7 years ago, it...

It seems like it was a lot more fun back then.

Tiffanee

In response to “It seems like it was a lot more fun back then.

It was amazing 🙄 that's why I left for several years because the owner sold the site, they started changing everything, censoring people, deleting comments that didn't agree with the new admin- it was ridiculous. They lost thousands of regular users because of how they took control of the site. & they changed it from .NET that just KILLED me 😔😩

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist

In response to “It was amazing 🙄 that's why I left for...

Yes I have heard about all that. I have seen it happen to other sites as well. When something is working they should leave it alone.

Tiffanee

Who bought the site? We can't seem to find out who owns it.

dru18 dru18

It's always nice to see a lot of people reacting to a post, and it's hard to not be disappointed when you post something that you really have an interest and get very few responses. I guess the thing to keep in mind is that this is a site that many people come on to just relax and waste some time. Our livelihoods are not affected and many people don't want to exert much effort. I enjoy reading most posts and comments, but if someone posts a 15 page ordeal there is a good chance I'm going to bypass it.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I'm only interested in real posts and not ones that are triggered by someone elses posts. The retaliation post thing has to be lamest crap on this site. Too childish.

Tiffanee

In response to “I'm only interested in real posts and not...

I've noticed someone doing that, guess they can't think of anything on their own, so they wait until someone posts and then they copy it....sad.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

No offense Raynor caps Tycus in the end

ergoproxy ergoproxy

Mine could do with some work...

TheCensoredBrit TheCensoredBrit

I have said this before...i dont post nearly enough. Usually it is something about my life that i choose to share.
I dont even think about numbers.

Often times, the information given in the post, and a comment or two, leaves little left to be said.
But, it is, most often, a pleasure to read them all. Even if it pisses me off:[...:]

Carla Carla

Nobody is perfect. If they were this site and every other site would suck. I value, seek out and explore imperfections. Otherwise polite agreement would be the norm and I’d go insane. :)

DW2 DW2

I need to pee. Will somebody please come and hold my other hand... I really need to get in touch with your drug dealer, btw.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I never take the numbers seriously. This site is much smaller than SH, so just a hand full of replies is plenty. I would rather there be a back and forth dialogue, than a bunch of one liners.

dru18 dru18