Has anyone of you attempted to run a full or half-marathon?

Yes.

OzSurferWill_JanitorJustJimColoMasha

No.

TrishPhilboydStudgeVicZincTiffaneesh9683LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredbeachbumPartyOfOneRoosterBub

Gave up in mid course.

Nobody :(

Reached the finish spot.

Budwick

Winner.

Nobody :(

Other

ZonkeyBallsJack1212

OzSurferWill_JanitorMashaSukiesnowZonkeyBallsJack1212RoosterBub

Explained by Jack1212...

This man in the picture is ELUID KIPCHOGE, the current Olympic champion and regarded as the greatest marathoner of all time.

I ran a half marathon back in 1979. I hit the wall with a half mile to go and was astonished at the feeling and loss of physical ability. I finished, but that was a long half mile. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Certain sniper rifles weigh quite a lot. Running, not really. 21 km in three hours and some minutes, yes, carrying.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Back when the Earth was cooling I ranjogged a 10K.

I finished right behind the guy in the wheelchair.

Running is great exercise. But these races are nuts. Too many participants aren't really ready and end up injuring themselves.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Back when the Earth was cooling I...

The real problem is that they don't prepare properly. Having electrolytes during the race is just as important as having enough to drink, if not even more so. Even if they didn't have any, at least taking a double or triple dosage of magnesium, prior to the race, would be quite helpful.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I'm thinking to be a full time marathon runner !!!

Jack1212 Jack1212 OP

In response to “I'm thinking to be a full time marathon runner !!!

I wish you only good things Jack.
Can you make a living doing that?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I wish you only good things Jack. Can you...

Sure once I represent India in Olympics

Jack1212 Jack1212 OP

In response to “Sure once I represent India in Olympics

Wow! That's very cool. I didn't realize Olympic athletes got paid. Best of luck to you Jack!

Budwick Budwick

It will take a toll on your joints, so keep that in mind when you look at how long you do it. JMHO.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

No, I wouldn't consider anything faster than a mosey.

Linnster Linnster

Had to run some 1/2 marathons in the army as a community thing. Made me realizing that running is a great sport for those who can't do anything else.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

I have done a few half marathons in my 20's and did pretty well at them, but now I stick to half that distance. I did a full marathon only once when I was 16 in Melbourne. I was too young to officially enter and I did 20 miles in under three hours then hit the wall and walked the last six miles. As Will said, it is so exhausting and painful when you hit the wall, every step was a huge effort but I was determined to finish.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I have done a few half marathons in my 20's...

Wat u say is hard to believe... u completed a 20 mile marathon in under 3 hrs wen u were 16!!!

Jack1212 Jack1212 OP

In response to “Wat u say is hard to believe... u completed a...

Yeah, it was my greatest run ever. I was just under the 3 hour mark at 30km's which is about 20 miles. But I still had about 6 or 8 miles to go, which I walked extremely slowly so my overall time was bad. If only i could have kept that same pace up for the whole 26 miles. These days though I would struggle to walk 20 miles lol

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I’ve run two halves.

Masha Masha