You have had an out of body experience, or you believe such experiences can occur, <strong>amirite?</strong>

TheVibeAlchemistTiffaneeBubPhilboydStudgeDandyDonPiper2VicZincCarlaTrishMashaSukiesnowStickCavemanLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredZonkeyBallsbeachbumharrytsangmona1986

Rooster

TheVibeAlchemistStickCavemanVicZincPiper2Tiffaneedru18StarzAboveDandyDonMashaSukiesnowCarlaBubSynysterGatesMetal_god14
You have had an out of body experience, or you believe such experiences can occur, amirite?

Explained by TheVibeAlchemist...

This includes meditation experiences, lucid dreaming, sleep paralyses, astral projection, deja vu etc.

Your "etc" in the explanation covers a lot of ground so of course I agree.

Bub Bub

Yes and don't forget **** and drugs.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Yes and don't forget **** and drugs.

More along the lines of paranormal or supernatural occurrences.

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

Bub Bub

In response to “Your "etc" in the explanation covers...

Mostly because I want to hear people's experiences 🙄 I was thinking more along the lines of paranormal circumstances.

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

Yes I believe it is possible whos to say it isn't how does anyone really know

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

In response to “Yes I believe it is possible whos to say it...

Right. People can't invalidate someone else's experiences, yet it does happen very often.

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

I have.. during a panic attack. It's called depersonalization. It was very unpleasant. (smile)

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “I have.. during a panic attack. It's called...

Ah, depersonalization sucks. Not feeling attached to your own body but aware of everything. Have you had an out of body experience more along the lines of the paranormal or supernatural?

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

In response to “Ah, depersonalization sucks. Not feeling...

Nope. Not yet at least.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

I do...You ever grabbed an electric fence?

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “I do...You ever grabbed an electric fence?

Lol hell no. Have you ever had an occurrence that cannot be scientifically explained?

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

In response to “Lol hell no. Have you ever had an occurrence...

Not yet, unless i just took it for granite..

DandyDon DandyDon

Yes, I have. And I know for certain that my sister-in-law had one just before she died.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Yes, I have. And I know for certain that my...

Hm, that is interesting. What did you see, hear or feel? What explanation do you have for this?

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

In response to “Hm, that is interesting. What did you see...

She was in the hospital dying of lung cancer at the age of 43, the family was called in, the doctor said there was no hope, but in a few hours she woke up and was talking to all of us. She said she had seen a bright white light, she entered into heaven and was asked what kind of a home she wanted in heaven, she replied that she wanted a small white one, like the church she was a member of, everything was all white and warm, then she was aware of coming back and she didn't want to. She was so happy to see all of us and tell us what she had experienced. She lived another week. And at her funeral her son read what had happened to her.

I truly believe what she had experienced.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “She was in the hospital dying of lung cancer...

I am so sorry to hear that she passed.. but I'm glad you're here to continue to tell her amazing experience. That is very interesting! I do believe there is a personal heaven for each person, perhaps even in different realms, if various realms do actually exist.

It's just amazing because the mind wouldn't create such scenarios for nothing. Each one carries a message and a purpose, sometimes for understanding and other times to give a message of hope.

Thank you for sharing!

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

The only thing I've ever experienced is sleep paralysis, except for in my vivid dreams. I've never actually been able fly or levitate, when awake. My dreams have almost convinced that I could though, if I just tried hard enough!

I have not personally had any "paranormal" experiences, except seeing a very frightening clear image of something as a child.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “The only thing I've ever experienced is sleep...

Yes, sleep paralysis SUCKS. It's terrifying and scientific explanations only explain part of the symptoms. Have you ever heard voices or seen images during one of these episodes?

That sounds very strange. I have also glimpsed an image of something tall and bright-colored standing behind me, but to this day I still have no explanation. That definitely qualifies as a paranormal experience (smile)(nme)

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

In response to “Yes, sleep paralysis SUCKS. It's terrifying...

No, I don't recall ever hearing voices or seeing images when experiencing sleep paralysis. It is the closest to death I've felt though, not being able to move or get air into my lungs for however long it lasts. It's definitely terrifying.

What I saw was very clear. I woke up in the night and saw this thing with my mother's head glaring at me. It had its arms crossed with the "red paddle' in one hand, and was wearing a red plaid bathrobe.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “No, I don't recall ever hearing voices or...

That sounds horrifying! It still amazes me that these types of things can be seen & created within the mind, but there is not much in the way of any scientific explanation.

It seems like the only thing I'm still able to do is breathe. That would suck! What usually works in waking you up from one of these episodes?

I'd look at my mom a little different after that (hehe)

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

In response to “That sounds horrifying! It still amazes me...

The times the 'sleep' paralysis has happened, it just takes extreme will to breath and move again. I am already awake and very aware.

Piper2 Piper2

Sorry - I've never had an out of body experience, but I believe that there are people who have, or at least think they have. I have, on rare occasions, experienced deja vu.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Sorry - I've never had an out of body...

I get the deja vu thing, about once a year. It knocks me off balance.

Carla Carla

In response to “I get the deja vu thing, about once a year...

Kind of makes me feel as though I've forgotten something.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Kind of makes me feel as though I've...

Yes. Minutes, trying hard to remember what i missed.
???

Carla Carla

Well, out of body experiences are oftentimes terrifying when you don't know what's going on, so maybe you've been spared (hehe).

I've read theories that believe deja vu means that you are on the "right track". Right track to what, I'm not sure. There are too many theories about that for it to ever make any sense to me. Science does not provide a satisfactory explanation for this phenomena, in my opinion.(scn)

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

Same with me. There's a TV show, that when it first starts I feel certain I've been in that area before.... very strange.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Yes, I have felt and seen things not of this world.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Yes, I have felt and seen things not of this...

What kind of experiences have you had? The same applies to myself, things that I have seen and felt that do not make any scientific sense, at least by conventional standards.

This world if full of secrets that we may never come to understand.(hmm)

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

In response to “What kind of experiences have you had? The...

People who were dead, even those who had no relationship with me.

No, and I thinks some secrets are just better off being,..secrets.

dru18 dru18

I don't know. As a Psych student in the 70's we experimented with isolation tanks while hooked up to machines, and other unconventional experiments. Sometimes I like to think we were somewhat successful and other times I think it was just wishful thinking.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I don't know. As a Psych student in the 70's...

It's always good to believe in the work you are doing- you never know what unexpected results may yield from your studies (smile)

Can you go into more detail about these experiments you conducted as a student and the occurrences you may have witnessed?

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

In response to “It's always good to believe in the work you...

I can, offline if you'd like to hear about them. Probably bore most people in open forum.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I can, offline if you'd like to hear about...

You can always message me (nme)

Only boring to those who care nothing for knowledge & the expansion of the mind's perspective.

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

Yes. Succinctly.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “Yes. Succinctly.

It does always seem as though these experiences are quite brief, sometimes to the point where you question whether it actually happened or not.

Do you mind sharing an experience or two that you've had under these circumstances?

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

In response to “It does always seem as though these...

It's happened to me,,,mostly in dreams...there's a feeling of rising up...and of travelling...travelling for miles...it could have happened when I needed to communicate with people...but didn't have the opportunity in RL....

It's nice that you've asked ppl to give examples of their experiences; but in these realms the memory can become blurry...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “It's happened to me,,,mostly in...

That's really cool, actually. I've always wished for the ability to fly, but without the risks that modern conventions bring with them (nme)

I have had an experience similar to that, felt as if I was completely awake but of a different consciousness if that makes sense, and I stopped someone's car from crashing into my boyfriend's.

When he came home, he said that he had almost gotten into an accident, but the car stopped all of a sudden.. I still have no explanation. Just odd happenings over the years.

I'm always curious about the unknown! And especially of the experiences other people have had dealing with the same things, seeing if people have more information or perspectives on it than I do.

Thank you for sharing (l)

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

In response to “That's really cool, actually. I've always...

Your welcome...:)

The unexplored is so interesting...

You've had dreams where you could fly? Those are so freeing.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

I went through a short spell of sleep paralysis back in college. I'd rather never experience that again. Lucid dreaming is really fun though.

StickCaveman StickCaveman

In response to “I went through a short spell of sleep...

God, sleep paralysis is horrifying. Science explains a lot, but there are still other components of it that do not make much sense to me.

I have tried my hand at lucid dreaming, but it seems like I am never able to recognize that I am in a dream quickly enough before it is over. I'd like to get a little more practice in, though (biggrin).

What kind of experiences have you had while lucid dreaming?

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist OP

was it possible you drank a more booze when you were in college? A high consumption of alcohol my predispose a person to SP.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “was it possible you drank a more booze when...

It could be but I honestly didn't drink much. Never during the week and rarely on weekends because I worked.

I had a very irregular sleeping pattern though. I'd stay up to late and then go to an early class. Then I'd have a 2 or 3 hour gap between classes. So instead of going home or studying, I'd find a couch in the library and take an hour and a half long nap. This is where the SP would usually happen. One time in particular, I remember gaining consciousness. I awoke because I thought somebody had taken a seat on the couch parallel to mine. I couldn't open my eyes all the way and I couldn't move. From my eyes barely able to open I thought I could see a figure sitting there. It made me frustrated because I didn't understand why of all the couches in our 9 story library they chose that one. After about 5 or 10 minutes I was able to open my eyes completely. No one was there.

StickCaveman StickCaveman

In response to “It could be but I honestly didn't drink much...

Oh wow.

Maybe the irregular sleeping pattern could be a cause then...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

I was reading a book, " the other side and back " and it said being asleep is the nearest state to crossing over..it showed you how to see heaven while asleep, I had to say some words every night before I went to sleep...I did this for months and one night I dreamt I went to heaven, it was so bright and colorful , there were lakes with gondolas and it was such a beautiful place...probably all in my mind but it was beautiful ...

JD JD

In response to “I was reading a book, " the other side...

That's fascinating....

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “That's fascinating....

Frankly, it is fascinating

Bub Bub

In response to “Frankly, it //is// fascinating

I was NOT being sarcastic...if that's what you mean.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “I was NOT being sarcastic...if that's what...

Neither was I... calm down, woman

Bub Bub

I have not. Who can prove such a thing?

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Remote viewing can be learned, although it is easier for certain individuals with the proper genetic markers.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls