Terrorists, Muggers, War Mongers, Dictators, Eugenicists... all scary stuff. Nothing compared to the Greatest threat to Every Single Human: Time. Time doesn’t care. You can borrow it but the loan is small and limited. Time is the only resource that is non renewable when it runs out. So much time sold every day to those who literally buy your time. Tis the reason alarm clocks exist. So much wasted time. Can’t get it back. Use it wisely or use it unwisely. Doesn’t matter. Tis all about memories. Memories of good times.

• Topics:Life
  • Featured on the home page on Oct 31st 2017
  • Post Of The Day on Oct 21st 2017

DW2VicZincBubCarlaRoosterBudwickBrianlTheCensoredBritLinnsterWill_JanitorSynysterGatesSunny_the_skepticOzSurferTrishDWFprimeiroSeonagZolfieLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredLil_Princess

JackHenryKraven

VicZincLil_PrincessSeonagOzSurferAdaWill_JanitorTheCensoredBritMazeprimeiroCarlaRoosterBubSynysterGatesMetal_god14

Yup. Time wounds all heels...

Bub Bub

New Cat approves of this post.

AliceD AliceD

In response to “New Cat approves of this post.

Thanks Mod. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “Thanks Mod. :)

AliceD AliceD

Yup. Time wounds all heels...

Bub Bub

In response to “Yup. Time wounds all heels...

AH Bub: I guess that means live long enough it is going to hurt? Very true that is.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

And those can be taken in a blink, too. So looking back at the good memories, lessons, is good to do as often as we can.

Carla Carla

Yes time is the only thing we can't avoid it catches up to all of us eventually enjoy the time you have make good memories like I do with my beautiful angel she is the best thing ever love you ange

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

Memories are great! Making new ones may soothe that anxiety over your time.

If you suffer from time anxiety, I'd encourage you to stop and ask yourself if you aren't really more anxious about what your life means. About what you're doing with it. And if it turns out you're worried that what you're doing isn't meaningful enough, then figure out what is meaningful enough and start doing that. Or if the contribution you've decided to spend your life making already does feel like the most meaningful contribution you could make and you're anxious because you're not always spending your time making it, remind yourself, that you don't need to focus every minute of your life on value creation for value creation to have been what your life was all about.

This is not to minimize the concerns expressed in this post. Quite the contrary. I recognize the concerns over time. Just saying we have control over how we spend our time, how to make the best of our time. Paying attention to that can help reduce the anxiety.

Budwick Budwick

Excellent post! Reading the other answers pretty much sums it up for me also. Nothing we can do about time but try to enjoy the time we have in this life.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Excellent post! Reading the other answers...

BTW that pocket watch has a great pair of legs.

Brianl Brianl

This is all so true. If people would stop to consider just how short life is even if you live to be a very old age. It's not even a speck in on the eternal passage of time. And really only amounts mere seconds metaphorically speaking. Perhaps if we dwelled a little more on that fact rather than what our fellow man has maybe there might be a lot more peace and good will in the world.

Brianl Brianl

In response to “This is all so true. If people would stop to...

OK I am hoping to be reincarnated into something better, I put in my request already (chew)

So, I was to get shot for the great memories to be shared around?

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

This is a good post and reminds me of this song I just recently heard.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LWkoquUvD98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “This is a good post and reminds me of this...

Sad we often don't know it will be the last time, like when someone dies you always wish you had been nicer last time you talked

In response to “Sad we often don't know it will be the last...

I agree. That happens way too often.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Yes, all the comments are providing significant information.

But what is time? Time cannot be stopped; it is like the running water of a river.

It is, generally, considered as the "fourth dimension" and reminds also of the history of how the time was and is measured:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H...eeping_devices

https://books.google.ch/books?i...me&f=false

Time is precious for everybody, but it is valued very differently, depending on the classes, skills, age, status, education, interests, aims, beliefs, etc.

Marianne Marianne

Time is on your side when your a kid, then it slips away as you get older controlling you until the end of time.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J...k?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Time is on your side when your a kid, then it...

That isn't like the original, I went and listened to my album to be sure, I like the real thing better (cool)

In response to “That isn't like the original, I went and...

Yeah you are right, it's different, the original version is much better.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Time-of which I have less in front of me than behind me.And I am determined to enjoy myself until it runs out.

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

Perhaps being near the end of your time, means you're nearer starting your time again...time continues ...there is no end of time..

JD JD

In response to “Perhaps being near the end of your time...

That’s both interesting and horrifying simultaneously. I don’t want to do it all over again.

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “That’s both interesting and horrifying...

That's how things are, you won't know you have been here before as you don't know about your last visit....it would really complicate things if you could remember previous lives...if they exist...

JD JD

In response to “That's how things are, you won't know you...

It bothers me that I believe it to be likely. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “It bothers me that I believe it to be likely. :)

There should be nothing to worry about, if we have lived before and can't remember, then that's how it will be next time..

JD JD

Talking of songs, here's a translation of a great song, a poem (1965), but less known on your side:

https://chansongs.wordpress.com...-temps-passer/

and the song for those who love French poetry, yes, also for you, Serenity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2cSqGrfyB0

Marianne Marianne

And another old, popular song with the translation:
Michel Fugain - Je n'aurai pas le temps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9xgdEdSpOM
GB - http://lyricstranslate.com/en/j...have-time.html
FR - https://www.lacoccinelle.net/1050186.html

Marianne Marianne

At my age, I am often amazed at how quickly time has passed. And I must admit, I often recall previous times as I lay in bed awaiting sleep. Some are good, some are bad, but all worthwhile!

Seonag Seonag

In response to “At my age, I am often amazed at how quickly...

At my age, all I get is nightmares about the war... I wish someone would remind me about the real mission of the UN troops. Why the hell did I join for the second time, I must've been out of my mind... After all, it's not the best piece of a news story. ** **.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “At my age, all I get is nightmares about the...

First - THANK YOU for your service. As for the UN, it lost it's 'mission' decades ago. I remember collecting for UNICEF during this time of the year in the 50s --- before UNICEF was corrupted. Today the organization is nothing more than a 'legalized' Mafia organization. When they 'elect' terrorists, murderers, etc. to preside over their various 'enterprises' you know they have a problem. Sadly they expect the US to provide the majority of the $$$ and the troops, and up until now, we've done so. Time to get them OUT of the US and out of our pocketbook! (Isn't our 'involvement' in Niger part of a UN action?)

Seonag Seonag

In response to “I couldn't agree...

A wonderful song, Jan. (smile)

Marianne Marianne

In response to “I couldn't agree...

Jan, Jim Croce seems to have a bit in common with some of our past and more recent poets and singers on our side.

This one has a part in English (it is about L.A. and San Francisco and, partly, speaking of time by thinking about far away and far ago:
Nicolas Peyrac - So far away from L.A.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipt3ekGv0Mo
http://lyrics.wikia.com/wiki/Ni...Away_From_L.A.

Marianne Marianne

Time Kills

Zolfie Zolfie

Many of the things you can achieve in life, like money and power, pass away when you die. So what riches can you take into eternity?

Souls are eternal, but objects are temporary. So as I see it, there are 2 treasures in the grand scheme of things: heaven and loved ones. To wind up in heaven, surrounded by the people you love is the highest form of success. So worldly success is nice, but to paraphrase Jesus, love God and love other people, because that's the most important thing in life.

Maze Maze

Yes I feel the same way, especially in winter it is always cold and dark. You feel there isn't any time to get things done at all.

Time is such a precious thing. I got a reminder in that about a month ago when my oldest brother told me he has cancer. I set around thinking about all the time my siblings and I have missed over the last five years as we sat around either fighting or ignoring each other because we were to busy finger pointing when my mama passed away as to whose fault it was.

We missed birthdays, special moments, good laughs, and a handful of tears. While we can't get back the time we lost we can enjoy the time we have together right now.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess