Tell us about your last narrow escape.

VicZincBubTiffaneeSynysterGatesWill_JanitorSukiesnow

Nobody :)

TiffaneeStarzAboveBozetteWill_JanitorSukiesnowMarianneRoosterBubSynysterGates
Tell us about your last narrow escape.

Driving around a roundabout, some jerk passed me and cut in front of me, I barely missed him.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

My immediate reaction to the short clip was that it had to have been faked. Nowadays (there's that overused word again, sorry) it seems as though the phrase "seeing is believing" has no meaning.

Bub Bub

In response to “My immediate reaction to the short clip was...

Right on both counts. It was faked, and we can never know the truth on any matter.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Right on both counts. It was faked, and we...

And yet Bub knew the truth about that one instantly!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “And yet Bub knew the truth about that one...

What was the truth? That there was not truth?

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “What was the truth? That there was not truth?

What did you tell him he was right about? There is your answer - and that's the truth!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “What did you tell him he was right about?...

The truth was it is fake? What the heck Bud, does that make sense to you? Because if it does then why do you always argue with me when I say the truth is that we can't know the truth?

You have me so confused. Is bald a hair style? How can not the truth be the truth?

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “The truth was it is fake? What the heck Bud...

So, now you believe in truth?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “So, //now// you believe in truth?

I don't believe in anything Bud, you know that. I also think it is possible that the truth exists, you know that too.
What I do think is that human beings are incapable of knowing the truth on any matter.

Please get that right next time.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “I don't believe in anything Bud, you know...

That makes no sense at all.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “That makes no sense at all.

Not to a 'believer' like yourself

VicZinc VicZinc OP

I was in a meeting about finding volunteers to present the annual United Way pitch at 8 facilities in our company. It wasn't a good time to sneeze. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

StarzAbove StarzAbove

One day...I let Wolfie (my ferret) out on the grass next to the sidewalk and a house. Instead of moseying about in the grass...Wolfie took off and got into the people's lawn and dashed under their deck. {I think he expected me to chase him :)} The people wouldn't let me on their property - weird! - so I was prepared to scale a 6 ft high fence in a dress... in order to save my Wolfie... Just as I was hoisting up my skirt...there's Wolfie dashing out...thank goodness....

My version of a narrow escape.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

I woke up on the kitchen floor halfway between the bedroom and the back door during a power outage following an ice storm. There had been a fire in my bedroom as I slept. I don’t know how the fire started or how it was extinquished. I have no memory between going to bed and waking up on the floor. The only thing that was clearly evident was that the fire was neither smothered nor doused.

Bozette Bozette