The 'Mandela Effect' is a very real phenomena, and you have seen evidence of this conspiracy within your own life, <strong>amirite?</strong>

Explained by TheVibeAlchemist...

Common theories include: Berenstein vs Berenstain; Death of Nelson Mandela; Oscar Mayer vs Oscar Meyer; **** IN the City vs **** AND the City; Tip of Pikachu's tail; Curious George's tail; C3PO's full color; Fruit Loops vs Froot Loops; Looney Toons vs Looney Tunes and many more.

Ahah, yup.
I liked the Star Wars one.
The general knowledge is that Darth Vader says "Luke, I am your father". But he actually says "No, I am your father".

Sofia Sofia

Yes although the ones I remember aren't so specific.

As a witness to an accident I heard my own recollection of what happened and three others. The differences one to another were pretty dramatic - and we all saw the same thing just minutes earlier!

Since then I've often thought about how difficult it must be for detectives to ferret out the truth.

One sentence in the article that spoke volumes to me - "They [memories] can be distorted by any number of factors, including bias, association, imagination, and peer pressure.

Budwick Budwick

Ahah, yup.
I liked the Star Wars one.

Sofia Sofia

It usually seems to come up between my wife and I when telling stories. Some very specific event that we both attended and have different memories of the exact same incident. I believe I am right some of the time, but I'm pretty sure it's not all of the time. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “It usually seems to come up between my wife...

Every married man on the planet shares that experience. We can't all be that forgetful.

In my case it's a matter on knowing I got way better than I deserved (in the wife department), and I'm willing to suck it up to keep from rocking the boat.

Budwick Budwick

I'm aware that memories can be elusive, and that people can have seen the very same thing and remember it differently. First I've heard of the "Mandela Effect", but aside from a few of the speculations about our fallible memories, it sounds quite reasonable. :)

Piper2 Piper2

Yeppers, memories are funny things, malleable and suggestive (among other things).

Unless people are literally "conspiring" to make people misremember, though, these aren't conspiracies. While people do conspire to mold people's recall, I highly doubt it is the case in the examples given in the article.

Bozette Bozette

I haven't seen this in my life...but it's probably there and I shall give it more thought.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

The evidence is probably staring me in the face about many such instances every day and I simply don't know it :(

Bub Bub