Don't you think it's time to dump Daylight Savings time? Kind of outdated if you ask me. What say you?

VicZincLil_PrincessPiper2TiffaneeDandyDonBozettePartyOfOneSukiesnowMarianneThinkerbellCarlaBubMetal_god14Dar

Explained by Rooster...

I know I'm tired of it. Why can't they just dump it?

Oh I am so ready to get rid of it. In southern Indiana we never had to worry about it but then one day they said "oh now we are going to observe it for the farmers to give them extra time". Sad thing is, even the farmers don't want it. (ono)

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Yes.
I once got into an argument with a person about it. Her argument "for" it, was that the crops need that extra hour of sunlight for growing. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and wonder.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Yes. I once got into an argument with a...

That reminds me of something a wise Native American supposedly once said: "Only a white man would think that if you cut six inches off the top of a blanket and sew it onto the bottom, you have a longer blanket."

Linnster Linnster

In response to “That reminds me of something a wise Native...

Normally I would enjoy the humor in that. But, thanks to the racially charged, ... everything - I'm actually a little offended.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Normally I would enjoy the humor in that...

Deal with it. :)

Linnster Linnster

I don't think there is any reason to do this any longer and it should be abolished. All it does is screw up your sleep pattern.

Linnster Linnster

I like it. My guess is I'm prob the only one who does.

Bub Bub

In response to “I like it. My guess is I'm prob the only one...

I like the spring forward part. Here, in the summer, light until 10pm. I hate it getting dark at 5pm in the winter.
They could leave it on, not do the fall backward thing.
I would be satisfied with that.

Carla Carla

In response to “I like the spring forward part. Here, in the...

I like the sunnier hours in the Summer and I think it's fitting that the Winter evenings come earlier. But not for any practical reason... that's the key. Not everything in life needs be practical or we wouldn't have music and dance... or Amirite.

Bub Bub

In response to “I like the sunnier hours in the Summer and I...

Arent many things that may be deemed... impractical, the things that give us pleasure. Without pleasure, life itself seems...impractical.

Carla Carla

In response to “Arent many things that may be deemed...

Let me find you a DW2 quote from yesterday... brb

Bub Bub

In response to “http://www.amirite.com/815788-when-i-first-join...

That was, well said.
I missed it,
Thanks, john:)

Carla Carla

I like it too, Bub.

In fact, I wouldn't mind keeping DST all year round, except for the kids having to catch the school bus in the dark on winter mornings.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I like it too, Bub. In fact, I wouldn't mind...

Didn't President Nixon extend DST well past the normal date and the kids were getting run over in the dark of the morning?

Bub Bub

In response to “Didn't President Nixon extend DST well past...

I don't know anything about an extension of DST under Nixon. I do know that the current extension of DST was put in place in 2007, when both houses of Congress were Democratic, and signed into law by Bush, so if kids were getting run over, Pelosi and Reid must share in the blame for letting such a law pass.

http://www.timetemperature.com/...extended.shtml

And BTW, Canada and Mexico soon followed suit with the DST extension, so I guess they (especially the Great White North, where the problem would be even more acute) didn't care about kids getting run over either.

And of course Obama and his majorities in the House and Senate could have easily rescinded the extension a year later, had they cared to, but they didn't, and for some reason, you never thought of that, or at least didn't care to mention it. (think) (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I don't know anything about an extension of...

Then Trump better get on it right quick, eh?

Why so bitter? Christ...

Bub Bub

In response to “Then Trump better get on it right quick...

Not bitter at all, just stating facts. The extension was passed by Congress; it was not an executive order, by Nixon, Bush or Trump, as you are trying to imply.

I might just as well ask why Trudeau isn't getting on it right quick, eh? The problem is worse in Canada. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Not bitter at all, just stating facts. The...

Then you are bitter. Look... all I remember from that time was reading about how kids were being run over in the darkness. It could've been Johnson or Ford or Carter or a 100% Democratic **** Congress that made the extension. What diff does it make?

Bub Bub

In response to “Then you are bitter. Look... all I remember...

It makes no difference to the poor kids that got run over, agreed.

But it does make a difference to the liberal spin you initially tried to put on the issue: however it may have been passed, and without looking it up, it was automatically and reflexively some Republican's fault as far as you were concerned, Nixon in this case. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “It makes no difference to the poor kids that...

I see now that (biggrin) has always meant nothing.
It figures...

Bub Bub

In response to “I see now that (biggrin) has always meant...

The grin in this case is sardonic, since your reflexive bias was exposed.

It was only after some probing that you admitted that a Democrat might possibly have been at least partially responsible, something I suspect you otherwise would rather not have done. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “The grin in this case is sardonic, since your...

All of this pent-up bitterness... my my. How long have you been biting your tongue? You got all of that from "Didn't President Nixon extend DST well past the normal date and the kids were getting run over in the dark of the morning?". You need to see if Fox News is hiring.

Bub Bub

In response to “All of this pent-up bitterness... my my. How...

I only pointed out that the answer to your original question was 'no', that the extension of DST took effect in 2007, and that as far as I know, Nixon had nothing to do with it. You are welcome to disprove what I say, if you can, your smokescreens about Fox News and dodges concerning your liberal bias notwithstanding.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I only pointed out that the answer to your...

I PMed you a moment ago, T.

Bub Bub

We should let folks know that we are fine, Tink - you apologized profusely in a PM and I accepted it.

(hehe) LOL...

Bub Bub

In response to “We should let folks know that we are fine...

There once was a liberal bounder,
Who always would palter and flounder,
And feign being pious
When caught in his bias,
But never, with Tink, could confound 'er. (hehe)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-11-2017/eRrmLR.g...

You will forever be a royal pain...

Bub Bub

In response to “You will forever be a royal pain...

Aw, Tink's as cool as they come!

Rooster Rooster OP

In response to “Aw, Tink's as cool as they come!

* I know this... but she needs a comeuppance of some sort but she always fights back hard and I am weak... not up to the task*

Bub Bub

The pixie dust stings, eh? (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “The pixie dust stings, eh? (biggrin)

Oh. Shut. Up.
(angry)

Bub Bub

In response to “Oh. Shut. Up. (angry)

Ok, I'll just stifle a laugh. (hehe)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

When something that stupid continues on, it only means someone is making money from it and it'll probably never change..

I don't care, i like bitching about it..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “HA HA HA!

(maniac)

DandyDon DandyDon

They say in England it's for the school kids so it's light when they go to school..but it's darker when they come home..go figure

JD JD

In response to “They say in England it's for the school kids...

That's what I mean, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Rooster Rooster OP

JD, Was listening to the news last night and they were talking about new restrictions on healthcare in your neck of the woods, like no more surgeries on people who smoke or are obese because it's their own fault. Any word? Is it true or BS?

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “JD, Was listening to the news last night and...

I heard about this some time ago, but then nothing else happened...I'm not sure where I stand on this, I know for most it's self inflicted...but smoking ain't a crime and some people get obese all by themselves...

JD JD

In response to “I heard about this some time ago, but then...

It's a scary concept. Where would the line eventually be drawn in a socialized medicine society with this thought process of personal responsibility? If you are a marathon runner, does that mean you can't knee replacement, if you are rugby player, you can't get fixed, if you're a meat eater.... if you're a drinker, if you're a horseman and get thrown....

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “It's a scary concept. Where would the line...

They have mentioned excessive drinkers who ruin their livers and need a liver transplant..may not get treatment....

JD JD

I have no use for it. In fact we would get an extra hour of daylight during fall/winter. So I say abolish it.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I have no use for it. In fact we would get an...

Thing is, the "real" time, is what takes away the light in the winter....

Carla Carla

In response to “Thing is, the "real" time, is what...

It does get darker in real time but ... as an example, if it's 5pm a few days before the November daylight saving time change, it's light outside. As soon as it's changed, it's dark at 5pm. So that hour makes a difference.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “It does get darker in real time but ... as an...

I agree. I would much prefer they leave it, just how it is, right now.

Carla Carla

In response to “I agree. I would much prefer they leave it...

Me too, go ahead and put the request in. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Me too, go ahead and put the request in. (hehe)

I'll get right on that...

Carla Carla

I hate it.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I don't care for it either it is definitely outdated and useless

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

It's an antiquated notion I could do without.

But it has its finer points for some.

Dar Dar

In response to “It's an antiquated notion I could do without...

I leave mine, too...

Carla Carla

In response to “lol

Dar Dar

Another week and we are back on GMT for six months.We tried keeping it all year for a year or two back around1970.Then abandoned the idea.I think more people would prefer lighter evenings-but it would still be dark by six in the depths of Winter.And mucking around with the clocks doesn't change the amount of daylight you get-just the hours that you get it.

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

I'd like to dump the switch, but I prefer DST to standard time. It means more light in the evening. I can't stand the winter when it starts to get dark at 4:30.

Logan Logan

Yes I wish we could get rid of it

Trish Trish

HATE this stupid time change.

beachbum beachbum

I'd rather have DST: dark hours longer in the morning, while I'm sleeping, and longer sunlight in the evening so I can do more outside in natural light.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

In response to “I'd rather have DST: dark hours longer in the...

Yes :)
The symbolism of the dark winter finally departing and the lights being turned back on again - in the form of the sun and its warmth - heralded the return of summer for me. All poppycock of course but why be in a perpetual state of hate about DST year after year?

Bub Bub

Me dad, a farmer....never said anything bad about it. I think it made it easier being a farmer.

Hey, if the time change was the only aggravation in my life...I'd be even more blessed.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

I hate it. We got along fine for years, but then we got a Republican Governor that made us change. Even though we all hated it, he got it passed.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Yes. Loved the native american saying Linnster

Creamcrackered Creamcrackered

I agree with you.

parentaldiscretion parentaldiscretion