Office Christmas Parties

FreerangerOzSurferRoosterSynysterGates

Nobody :)

OzSurferSukiesnowCarlaRooster
Office Christmas Parties

Explained by Freeranger...

You've heard the stories (and btw, that new anatomically correct Barbie is something else isn't she?) If you were at your annual Office Christmas Party, what might it look like?

My office is mostly women and there's about 80 in my department... so my office christmas party is something I attend but I never drink as it's important to be sober when everyone else is drunk. Especially so as they are all married and some get very drunk and hit on me. So in fact, the party really isn't that much fun, I'm more like everyone's chaperone trying to keep them from embarrassing themselves and ending up in divorce. Although I must say I did get a lot of great kisses last year before I said, no more, time for your taxi rides home ALONE! Gosh it's only a few weeks until the next one (eek)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

btw....this old one is of the first eight guru's from Soda Head.

Freeranger Freeranger OP

beats a mistletoe

Freeranger Freeranger OP

In response to “https://78.media.tumblr.com/3320f8507a9cbf4b08e...

That's just spectacular.

(yum)(yum)(yum)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

There s/b a book written about office Christmas parties.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “There s/b a book written about office...

Ha! Really? I'm surprised the author was sober enough to remember what happens. Too funny....

Freeranger Freeranger OP

In response to “Ha! Really? I'm surprised the author was...

There is always that one or two wallflowers who are only too happy to tell you what transpired the night before.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

I don't office and have never attended an office party, but I have a theory that the first office party was plotted by a boss bedeviled with an employee he desperately wished to can but couldn't, and the concept was eagerly adopted by other bosses with problem employees. Brilliant maneuver, imo.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I don't office and have never attended an...

Hmmm.....interesting theory. I've never been to one either, well, with the exception of the ones we used to throw at the shipyard with my fellow burly workers. The worst thing that ever happened is that someone got the last roll. (smirk)

Freeranger Freeranger OP

In response to “Hmmm.....interesting theory. I've never been...

We partied at the shop, but that is completely different than an office party.

Bozette Bozette

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “My office is mostly women and there's about...

"... it's important to be sober when everyone else is drunk."

Hmm...I've often found that to be true. Not fun, but true.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “"... it's important to be sober when...

I agree. I haven't consumed alcohol out in public for years, especially on dates or around women in general. The only time is at home or at a friends dinner etc and even then I'll only have a glass of wine. I'm no drinker although I like the taste of wine.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I agree. I haven't consumed alcohol out in...

I have found it advisable to drink at home...even that isn't foolproof.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I have found it advisable to drink at...

I understand. I grew up in a household where my father was amicable until he drank, and then things would get crazy. That has given me a great fear of alcohol ever since.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I understand. I grew up in a household where...

That wasn't really what I meant, but is also true. I am sorry, Oz.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “That wasn't really what I meant, but is also...

Oh ok, sorry I misunderstood. Yeah it's just one of those things.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Oh ok, sorry I misunderstood. Yeah it's just...

Don't be sorry Oz. You've not done wrong.

Bozette Bozette

what was that movie? The Postman Only Rings Twice? heh, heh.

Freeranger Freeranger OP

.....my sense is that there's a story here Boz. (cool)

Freeranger Freeranger OP

In response to “my sense is that there's a story here...

Or two or twelve. (smirk2)

Bozette Bozette

that truly makes you the wizard of Oz man. Hats off to you on multiple fronts. Oh to be a fly on a wall.

Freeranger Freeranger OP

In response to “that truly makes you the wizard of Oz man...

It's not all fun, last year there was one girl and towards the end she was really drunk and her husband had arrived to pick her up, so she started hitting on me - as in she was all over me, obviously trying to make him jealous, and I was trying to be polite but at the same time avoid her and i felt really uncomfotable because everyone else was watching what was going on. She told me that they never had **** and she wanted me.. then a month later she was pregnant to him (roll). You can see why I don't drink. I'm getting to old for all this crap lol

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “It's not all fun, last year there was one...

here's hoping the bambino quells her juices. In the meantime.....maintain brother. Sounds like you have a handle on it. ;)

Freeranger Freeranger OP

https://www.silvergames.com/en/butt-scan

There's even a game for it, scan your butt and avoid being seen by sober colleagues

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic