<b>"I've been busy"</b>...just means you haven't been busy with <u>me</u>...<em>amirite?</em>

SukiesnowSynysterGatesRoosterTiffaneeBubWill_Janitor

ozzyboySunny_the_skeptic

TiffaneeDandyDonWill_JanitorSukiesnowRoosterBubSynysterGates
"I've been busy"...just means you haven't been busy with me...amirite?

Explained by Sukiesnow...

Along with It's Not You, it's Me...I've Been Busy is another faff excuse to tell people you are stringing along.

No. If I've been busy with work, family, etc., and someone told me that, it would raise a major red flag that this person is extremely clingy.

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet

I reckon you could see it that way.

Rooster Rooster

Who is it now? LOL

Bub Bub

I've been busy means that if I have no time for myself, you just have to understand and make the effort to include yourself in my life. Sounds a bit selfish to stew over the "I've been busy" statement. I lead a very busy life and sometimes it takes the other person to make the effort.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “I've been busy means that if I have no time...

I wouldn't be enlisting you as a friend in my Real life if you won't make any room for me.

What's wrong with selfish...most people are....but most ppl will also wait a week or two of the I'm busy excuse until they start withdrawing....Ozzy...it takes TWO ppl you know.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I wouldn't be enlisting you as a friend in my...

There are weeks that start out Mon 7 AM and the next thing I know it is Sat night and me not knowing how we got there so fast.
I didn't say I wouldn't make any time for you, I just mean that you will have to join my life so we could get some time. It takes two people who are willing to join in.
My best friend would come and spend two weeks a year with me, enjoying the circus that is my life. The friend would be so happy to go home and be calm the rest of the year. That is what real friends do in real life.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

So.. if someone tells you they have a blue sailboat..

You know they really have a forrest green bulldozer..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “So.. if someone tells you they have a blue...

Ha Ha!! So if the bulldozer is traveling west at 10 mph and the sailboat is traveling east at 10 knots, what time is dinner?

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Ha Ha!! So if the bulldozer is traveling...

Dinner is now..

I don't know why those 2 idiots are riding away...lol

DandyDon DandyDon

That one went over my head....

Ha ha...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “That one went over my head.... Ha ha...

I do believe that was intentional to poke fun. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I've been in that situation, when I say I'm busy I am busy it's not some excuse not to talk. The worst thing the other person could do in this case is start drama that causes you an additional obstacle to the work you already have.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

It’s not other people that let us down. It’s our unfulfilled expectations of them that do us in.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Whether it's intentional or not the fact is that you haven't been a priority in that person's life recently. For some people that's a problem. For me, it's not an issue. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor