SukiesnowCarlaRoosterTiffaneeBubStarzAbove

Nobody :)

TiffaneeOzSurferSukiesnowCarlaRoosterBubMetal_god14
The Flu Shot is only good for certain people...amirite?

Explained by Sukiesnow...

I still think that the Flu Shot is a way that Big Brother makes sure we show up at work every day....can't take time off, now...can we?

Guess I'm the odd man out as I never get them! Last time I got one? I had the Flu the next week. No thank you!

Rooster Rooster

Flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60%. For that risk reduction I say they are worth it.

Tiffanee

In response to “Flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu...

Yes I get a flu shot every year just makes sense to me definitely worth it

Metal_god14

I got one last week. It's the first time since 1984. (Dr caught me at a weak moment)

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Have had one every year since 2000. Havent had the flu since 1999.

Carla Carla

I work in a building with about 800 people so we get them free if we want. (yes my big brother wants me to turn up to work) I've never had the flu since I've been having one or any adverse reaction that I'm aware of. I know a small percentage still get the flu, but my understanding is that the flu shot immunises against two or three of the main flu strains, but you can still catch another less prevalent strain.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I get them

VicZinc VicZinc

If only flu shots were more spoken about, I didn't even know about them until recently. In my university by the end of October we get a flu epidemic, it just takes 1 sick student to cough a few times in the lecture hall and a few days later everyone gets sick. Somehow it hasn't gotten to me yet, I guess the vitamin C I'm taking is doing it's job keeping it away.

Vaccines are a life saving wonder, it's simply genius! You take 0,5 % solution of a illness causing bacteria or virus and you either keep it weakened or just dead then you deliver it straight to your immune system where the B lymphocytes get a full description of the infectious agent so that when living ones get in our body they're recognized and terminated immediately.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “If only flu shots were more spoken about, I...

Tell that to my grandfather who was healthy before taking the flu shot and died within 2 weeks of getting the flu shot.

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “Tell that to my grandfather who was healthy...

I'm not fully aware of what the flu shot contains but it's likely to be a factor of your grandpa's untimely death. Vaccines are forbidden in case that the person has a suppressed immune system which is one of the reasons some people can't have them. I'm sorry for what happened to him but what you know about shots in general from the anti vax movement is nothing but a heap of lies.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I'm not fully aware of what the flu shot...

Thymersol (mercury), aluminum, formaldehyde, and other toxic waste.
A heap of lies? Ha. What the companies who make the vaccines tell you is the heap of lies.

I am against vaccinations and anyone who read the ingredients and did their own research would be too

My grandfather had no immunity issues. He was in PERFECT HEALTH. Then a day after getting the vaccine he was hospitalized and a week and a bit after passed away. My neighbor had a family member who had exactly the same thing happen and if I did some research I’d find a lot more too I am sure. Say what you want but the vaccine kills many people. And like any money hungry corporation the vaccine companies will spare no expense to keep the truth covered up

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “Thymersol (mercury), aluminum, formaldehyde...

You have one point I'll tell you that, yes a lot of the pharmaceutical companies are money hungry and there have been people who got worse for it, not every organism reacts the same. But what you can not deny is that because of vaccines numerous life threatening, diseases have been eradicated, such that would be still at large if it wasnt for vaccination. including:, Polio, Measles, Rubella, Haemophilus Influenzae type B, Hepatitis B, Tetanus, Diphtheria ,Varicella

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I normally get them.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Rooster Rooster

I've never had one.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I've never had one.

Smart. Me neither. Bad idea to get it

sh9683 sh9683

I get a flu shot every year, in fact I got mine last Wednesday. I recommend them to everyone.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

good for no one. with all the poison they add to them, it does not justify the barely 7% effectiveness they have, and that is a debatable number. just because you take the shot doesn;t mean you wont get it, and just because you don;t take the shot does not mean you will get it. i never get the shot, and i haven't had the flue in years

sh9683 sh9683