• Topics:TV / MoviesFox Corporation
  • Featured on the home page on Oct 23rd 2017
  • Post Of The Day on Oct 27th 2017

VicZincdoctorwho1011Piper2TiffaneeStarzAboveBozetteWill_JanitorBubSynysterGatesDar
FOX News fires Bill O'Reilly for alleged sexual harassment. O'Reilly then pays $32 million dollars to squelch a ****-harass accuser, after which FOX rehires him for $100 million. What is wrong with this picture?

Bill O'Reilly is a sexual predator, just like Harvey Weinstein - just like Donald Trump.

We must stop rewarding sexual predators.

Tiffanee

It was a business decision by the Murdoch family. Keep O'Reilly or lose him to another media concern? Morals, decency and "what's right" have zero to do with it.

Bub Bub

In response to “Apparently.

Why can't you love me as I do you?

Bub Bub

In response to “Why can't you love me as I do you?

LOL ... what is this love of which you speak?

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “LOL ... what is this love of which you speak?

That... see how I loved you?

Bub Bub

In response to “That... see how I loved you?

"Loved?" You mean between one comment and another, you stopped loving me?

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “"Loved?" You mean between one...

Yes. Comment love. The only true kind.

Bub Bub

In response to “Yes. Comment love. The only true kind.

Well, I would love to continue this loving relationship, but I must go out and run some errands. Try not to miss me too much. :)

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “go then...

Don't fret - I shall return anon.

Linnster Linnster OP

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know. (clap)

Dar Dar

In response to “Yeah, inquiring minds want to know. (clap)

You'll have to ask Bub. :)

Linnster Linnster OP

I never liked Bill O'Reilly...always struck me as smarmy. I was glad to see him gone from Fox News. And yes, like any other business, like Hollywood and Weinstein, money talks and morals walk.

Dar Dar

In response to “I never liked Bill O'Reilly...always struck...

Disgusting - all the way around. I wouldn't watch the FOX channel if it was the only station on television.

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “Disgusting - all the way around. I wouldn't...

Don't hold back Linnster...LoL! To each their own. I wouldn't be caught dead with CNN on the TV. (biggrin)

Dar Dar

In response to “Don't hold back Linnster...LoL! To each their...

I don't watch that either. :)

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “I don't watch that either. :)

LoL! ~)

Dar Dar

People have no morals, it's all about money. They fire O'Reilly, and Weinstein gets the boot, Ails gets fired all for doing exactly what Trump has done, and he becomes president. That's what's wrong with this picture.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “People have no morals, it's all about...

Really disgusting, isn't it?

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “Really disgusting, isn't it?

Yes it is. To use Hillary's words....despicable.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Tiffanee

In response to “Bill O'Reilly is a sexual predator, just like...

Don't forget JFK, LBJ and Clinton. This is some very wide spread corruption of power.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Don't forget JFK, LBJ and Clinton. This is...

I'm not sure you can compare Bill O'Reilly to JFK, LBJ and Clinton. Not without laughing, anyway.

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “I'm not sure you can compare Bill O'Reilly to...

A sexual predator at any level uses the same kind od power.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Was Bill Clinton the predator or was it the woman? Women can be predators too.

Tiffanee

Those men are guilty of affairs, but I never got the feeling it was a power game with any of them.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Those men are guilty of affairs, but I never...

Back in JFK and LBJ's time these things were ignored by the press and women did not claim sexual harassment, but a few of Clinton's are documented fairly well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B...ct_allegations

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Back in JFK and LBJ's time these things were...

Nor had anyone came forward and written a tell all book about either of those two. I never got the feeling that careers were crushed, or jobs threatened, regarding JFK or LBJ.

With Trump, O'Reily, Cosby, and Weinstein I see more of an abuse of power.

Nor do I get the impression that JFK, LBJ, or Clinton hated women, like I do with O'Reily and Trump.

All three were lousy husbands, but I still am not connecting a ' power play'.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Nor had anyone came forward and written a...

I don't have feelings about any of them.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I don't have feelings about any of them.

What I mean, is that those four examples used their positions to make or break people's careers. Cosby could do no wrong in the eighties, and Weinstein was greatly feared.

I am not condoning the actions of either JFK, or LBJ, but I wonder if we are not equating infidelity with sexual harassment.

What Clinton did was not only stupid but morally wrong, and he paid the ultimate price. Trump, however, seems to have gotten a free pass.

I enjoy our discussions.

dru18 dru18

In response to “What I mean, is that those four examples used...

I understand what you are saying. I just think the standards of the 50's and 60's are way different than today so the comparison is flawed at best. LBJ is reported to have been quite the **** to everyone so I wouldn't doubt he would abuse his power. Plus look at the guy, he didn't have the Kennedy looks. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I understand what you are saying. I just...

It was not covered by the press, because they use to have more respect for the office. Now, everything is fair game. But I still don't think it is right that Trump got elected even after the Hollywood tape came out. That sure doesn't say much about respect for women in this country.

LBJ was despised by most that knew him. He was a respected figure who knew how to twist an arm, but he was far from likable.

Remember Jeremiah? He had actually interviewed Johnson during his presidency, and said that it was quite an uncomfortable experience.

Yes, he was as horrible on the outside, as he was inside.

dru18 dru18

Yes these animals need to be stopped they are a parasite and plague on all of us

Metal_god14

Doesn't say much for their "Conservative family values", I'd say. I hear a lot about those...

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Doesn't say much for their "Conservative...

There are plenty of men on both sides that have abused their power.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “There are plenty of men on both sides that...

That's true, but why is it that when a particular person is brought up, such as I did, the responses are always, "Well so and so and so and so did it." Yes, they did, but did it make it any more right? No.

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “That's true, but why is it that when a...

Because people generally only list the people of the opposite party. I don't think it is party related. It is power related and the corruption that comes with thinking you are above the law.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Because people generally only list the people...

My post didn't list anyone of any party. I believe it was you who raised the question about political people. I'm questioning why people justify the wrong that one person has done by claiming that others have done the same thing. None of them have done right.

Linnster Linnster OP

No doubt, Will. Fox News is undeniably a conservative leaning channel, however, and they are the subject of this post.

Piper2 Piper2

Can't stand him but I do like some of his books though!

Rooster Rooster

It will be interesting to see if there will be a response from the viewership or the sponsors. I doubt this is over. I personally never cared for O'Reilly. He was rude and narcissistic in my opinion.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “It will be interesting to see if there will...

From what I read, he isn't going to have his own show, he's on with Hannity. I guess that makes them the Dynamic Duo. (barf)

Linnster Linnster OP

O'Reilly is a colossal **** in my opinion, but he had quite a following on Fox and they are concerned with ratings and their bottom line.

Bozette Bozette

I can take him or leave him but his books are phenomenal, Really good history lessons between the pages there.
O'Reilly said he wished he had fought back against the charges against him. How about posting what he was accused of because from what I saw he was a horn dog but I didn't see much perversion from him like some in the news. I could be wrong on this one but we'll see.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “I can take him or leave him but his books are...

There have been several complaints against him over the past 20 years and he has settled several of them out of court. This was the most recent. If you ask me, an innocent man does not pay $32 MILLION dollars just to avoid a lawsuit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...=.d8f6a74ab9eb

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “There have been several complaints against...

Then you have not been paying attention to how our legal system works. Payoffs are much easier than long, costly trials.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “Then you have not been paying attention to...

Working for law firms my entire adult life, I know that settling is less costly, but not to the tune of $32 million. I'm sorry.

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “Working for law firms my entire adult life, I...

I also worked in law firms and the 32 mil was over a period of time. When you are a conservative and make the kind of money O did, I do believe it was less costly and less stressful to settle.
Do you honestly think saying "hot chocolate" to an A/A woman was sexual harassment?

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “I also worked in law firms and the 32 mil was...

I'm guessing it was more than just that statement. I can't imagine him paying that kind of money if that was all he said.

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “I'm guessing it was more than just that...

When a first grader kissed another first grader on the playground and he wound up with a sexual harassment charge, I learned not to put too much faith in these kind of charges. In the meantime Weinstein really was a predator and was protected. It is a warped system so until we know the details, we shouldn't make such broad judgements.

ozzyboy ozzyboy