TiffaneeBozetteAdaWill_JanitorazlottoRoosterBubSynysterGates
Who's going to be the next celebrity, politician, or entertainer to disgraced by his or her own sexual behavior?

I think you can take your pick. It doesn't need to be true as long as it makes someone a buck or furthers someone's agenda.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Chuck Norris?
David Letterman?
The Pope?

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge OP

In response to “Chuck Norris? David Letterman? The Pope?

David Letterman for sure.

hootowl hootowl

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Is it me?

VicZinc VicZinc

This morning (Saturday November 11, 2011) so far I've read about Richard Dreyfuss and George Takei...

Bub Bub

In response to “This morning (Saturday November 11, 2011) so...

...and this politician (Tony Cornish). He of "the raging ****".

Bub Bub

2011???
Jeeze... I meant 2017, of course.

Bub Bub

In response to “2011??? Jeeze... I meant 2017, of course.

Senior moment. (biggrin) 乂^◡^乂

Ada Ada

In response to “Senior moment. (biggrin) 乂^◡^乂

Shaddup junior! (angry)

Bub Bub

In response to “Shaddup junior! (angry)

I get these moments and I'm only fifty six, no wait a minute thirty eight. 乂^◡^乂

Ada Ada

In response to “I get these moments and I'm only fifty six...

Keep it up, pretty boy... (angry)

(hehe)

Bub Bub

They're like roaches coming out when the light goes off. Yes, these guys were disgusting, but it happens in regular circles, too. Most often, you can just walk out and that's that. You never see the guy again. How many went along with it to further their career? If they made a deal with the Devil, they shouldn't be complaining about it decades later. They sold their dignity for a career.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “They're like roaches coming out when the...

True...for the adults.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “True...for the adults.

Yes, for the adults. Children are a different story.

Linnster Linnster

Everybody can make mistakes and can make bad choices. What makes these people any different?

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I think this could be a fun betting game, if I could work out the details.

Most of these people are not denying the accusations either. But we also have to be careful not to lump all these together. Someone who actually rapes someone is much worse than someone who just comes onto someone but doesn't take it further.

All these accusations are very different, but they're being treated as if they're all the same by the media. That's not helpful.

Logan Logan

I'm none of the bove, but I got some puzzy last night.

azlotto azlotto

Mitch McConnell? lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Mitch McConnell?...

LOL
From now on he'll be Granny McConnell...

Bub Bub

In response to “LOL From now on he'll be Granny McConnell...

lol You nailed it!!!(clap)(clap)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

What's going to happen once they start going after musicians or bands?......

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Don't know,But the woman seem to be coming out of the wood work 25 and 30 yrs.later.Did they all get together ?

hootowl hootowl

In response to “Don't know,But the woman seem to be coming...

They all talked at the "reunion".

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Hopefully it's the congressmen who, over the past 15 years over $15,000,000 has been paid out (using taxpayer dollars) to settle complaints. Right now their names are 'protected' by their fellow congressmen's 'special rules' and every recipient of the taxpayer 'hush money' has to sign an NDA.

Seonag Seonag

In response to “Hopefully it's the congressmen who, over the...

What?!? I never knew that before. Sounds like a bunch of BS. Or perhaps it's just our litigation-happy society that's to blame. Still though, why is this not a matter of public record?

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge OP

In response to “What?!? I never knew that before. Sounds...

Definitely not BS. And these are just in the US House of Representatives between 1997 and 2016 and involve some 260 cases. And guess what, non-employees - i.e. interns and volunteers who work on Capitol Hill are not covered by the bill that allows this to go on. And the 1st thing that happens if a person files a complaint, they MUST receive 30 days mandatory counseling (but not the congressman accused). And all of this is just while in office, not for actions prior to being elected (Al Franken as an example). Google it - but here is just one of many links:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/p...ent/index.html

Seonag Seonag

In response to “Definitely not BS. And these are just in the...

Seonag, I meant it sounds like BS in our Congress. I totally believed your comment. Sorry for the miscommunication. (pce)

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge OP

In response to “Seonag, I meant it sounds like BS in our...

Thank you! What really gets me is the double standard these elected officials have, regardless of political party.

Sadly, I suspect this type of thing (double standard, lies, cover-ups all to protect themselves) has been going on since the first congress sat in NYC in 1789! It's just that we now have the internet to get the news out rather than relying on those with a political bent.

Seonag Seonag

In response to “Thank you! What really gets me is the double...

I wonder how many are sweating it out now. I hope they release the information on the settlements that cost us $17 million.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge OP

I think this is hilarious. All the power people and good old boys that thought they were above the sensibilities of the common folk. It's too bad it took 30 years, but at least it is happening. We all know this shit has happened for a long time. Maybe going forward some folks will call it out and improve behavior on the whole. JMHO

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I think this is hilarious. All the power...

Will: This behavior has been going on forever, but society as a whole ignored it or said "boys will be boys." That was definitely the attitude back in the 50s through the first part of the 80s, when I was growing up and a young adult. BUT, like everything else in society, attitudes have evolved and changed. I am at a loss on whether to judge someone for actions 30-40-50 years ago (or even earlier) by today's standards or the standards in place at the time. THAT is where we seem to run into problems today.

Seonag Seonag