If you're a fan of all things horror , there must be a little of that killing instinct inside of you. Amirite ?

Darkest_SerenityWill_JanitorSynysterGatesVicZincPhilboydStudgeCarlaOzSurfer

RoosterDWFTiffanee

PhilboydStudgeOzSurferWill_JanitorCarlaRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by Darkest_Serenity...

A frightening thought eh ? What drives us to watch the White Knuckle Horrors and why do we Love them ?

I don't care for horror movies, but I believe we all have that "killer instinct" inside of us.

In the Ken Burn's Vietnam War documentary they had clips of this former Marine describing his experiences. At one point he said..

We didn't get to be the top of the food chain by being nice. People say soldiers are baby killers, etc. The military is just finishing school.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Not really. I just enjoy good horror books and some movies. My killing instinct faded away many years ago!

Rooster Rooster

I don't watch them, but I think the people that love those gruesome horror flicks have to have at least a little something inside that is off level. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I like a good scary book. But, bloody horror flicks arent my thing. Psycological thrillers, though...i dig.

I dont think there is a killer in me.

Carla Carla

I don't watch bloody horror movies, and the only killer instinct I have in me would only be when my family is put in a dying situation.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

According to Smashing Pumpkins, 'the killer in me is the killer in you'.....

AliceD AliceD

I hate violence but then I always wonder what I'd do if I saw someone horribly attacking a child etc. I think i might have a dark side in those situations but I really don't want to find out. Most horror movies i don't like, but occasionally something comes out that really gets me in, like Pitch Black and Dog Soldiers.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I hate violence but then I always wonder what...

Reacting to violence against someone unable to protect and defend themself isnt showing a dark side.
That is a side with light.

Carla Carla

In response to “Reacting to violence against someone unable...

Oh ok that's good then, although the law here says you are supposed to just do the minimum damage to stop the attack, that's the part i might have a problem with.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I admit to liking the most horrible, gory, violent horror films.

Not sure why. I'm a very gentle person actually.

Maybe I let out all my own personal demons while watching a machete wielding psycho-killer disembowel some poor hapless soul.

Chris_PHAET_Demon Chris_PHAET_Demon