Yes

TrishPartyOfOneLussMotionlessSunny_the_skeptic

No

VicZincTiffaneeSeonagOzSurferGunNeanderthal_MomdoerMashaBlewynanifailRoosterlizardqueenWalt_OReagun

Other

JaxxiZonkeyBalls

TiffaneeOzSurferAdaZonkeyBallsRoosterMetal_god14
Do you fear death?

No, but I do fear the run-up to it and what that might bring.

Linnster Linnster

The only thing in life, that is certain, is that we all die at some point. Do I fear it? Yes and no. It's just biology. I can understand the meaning of death on the intellectual level and even process it to the point, where it loses its value, as it is always inevitable to everything living. On the emotional level, it still does stir me up a bit, as I know it's getting closer with my every breath. I do believe in reincarnation and this isn't the first life I've had, but every time, it's still disturbing.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Linnster Linnster

In response to “No, but I do fear the run-up to it and what...

Exactly.I just want to go suddenly with no warning whatsoever.Like my dad did.

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

Do I fear death? Of course I do to a degree. We are generally afraid of the unknown. Do I let it dictate my life? No. Do I stop doing stupid stuff to prolong it? Not really.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Do I fear death? Of course I do to a degree...

So, if I steal a helicopter and ask you to come to have a flight with me...

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “So, if I steal a helicopter and ask you to...

We'll have to do more than just steal a helicopter to make it worth while for me. I've been on "those" kind of flights. LOL Now maybe if we could take a couple terrorists up with us, tied up in the back, I could probably find a way to amuse myself.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “We'll have to do more than just steal a...

You do realize, that we have proper guns on the choppers, including... Yes, you got it right. We have six thousand rounds... Just waiting for your call, Jim. And there's always the ammo box... For further needs.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “You //do// realize, that we have proper guns...

Then all we need now is an unguarded helicopter with the "keys" left in it. <s>

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Then all we need now is an unguarded...

Actually, no, I did hotwire the chopper that I stole. Somehow, they are a lot more careless than the car industry might want you to assume.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Actually, no, I did hotwire the chopper that...

Not as many helicopter thieves as car thieves. LOL

JustJimColo JustJimColo

It's normal to fear death, it's the ultimate end of life as we know it, the end of everything we know.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “It's normal to fear death, it's the ultimate...

Yes and no. Our personality does change a bit, I give you that, but the soul is eternal.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Yes and no. Our personality does change a...

What is a soul? What is consciousness? It seems so stupid such complex creatures as humans just vanish into thin air after death but we must be ready to face this if it is so.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “What is a soul? What is consciousness? It...

If I vanish into thin air, that's the end of things and there is nothing to ponder upon. It's the end. I can take that. It's not something I would be wondering about, since I'm dead. Dead. That's it.

More than that, I think most people, myself included, are afraid of the life. Things that are awaiting us, for many of us, death would be a relief. But then again, there are pleasures in life. **, for instance, which I actually haven't had in years, since I have been such a self-centered **.

Soul is what it is. It's not a creation of the Christian God, in my opinion. It just is. It's our own essence. It contains the information, which we have learned in our lives, for the bad or the worse. Sometimes, for the good.

Consciousness is just a trick. It's a trick, that we think is true, because we think, that we think. We don't - not really, it's just like magic. You see and then the rabbit is no longer there. Not even inside the hat.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “If I vanish into thin air, that's the end of...

Life is not easy by no means and it's always a random draw to as who do we get born as but life we know, it's something we're used to and death is not, we fear the unknown and what happens after that, is it simply a halt to our existence? Eternal blackness most easily compared to eternal dreamless slumber? We don't know. And this soul you speak of, what is to happen to it is it simply dispersed as energy and become part of the life around us. Like the phrase that we're made of starstuff, the carbon of the stars that fell on Earth became the carbon of the embryo in the uterus of our mothers. Religion just gives us a simple answer so we don't die of fear from wondering what happens after death. Too bad there is no way to find out without dying.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Life is not easy by no means and it's always...

Some crazy scientist did a series of experiments on people, who were about to die, and with a very sensitive scale... Determed that when they died, three grams of their bodyweight just went "poof!" So, that is the weight of the soul + the two extra dimensions, that we don't usually use.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Some crazy scientist did a series of...

I heard of that too. Btw do you know that soon the world's first head transplant or actually body transplant operation will me done?

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I heard of that too. Btw do you know that...

Yeah, that is scary stuff. It's like science fiction, but real, and it really freaks me out...

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Yeah, that is scary stuff. It's like science...

I was more amazed with the volunteer, a russian IT guy who has a muscle wasting disease who said he'd rather die than live this way. Creepy of not this guy has balls, so does the crazy surgeon that will attempt this.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

No, not at all. My beliefs are different from most of yours, so death bothers me not.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “No, not at all. My beliefs are different from...

Do you remember your past lives? I don't, but I can tell you for certainty, this is not the end and it's not the beginning either.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Do you remember your past lives? I don't, but...

I remember bits and pieces here and there.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I remember bits and pieces here and there.

I'm not certain of this, but I think I might have fallen to my death last time. I have nightmares about falling down and I really hate high places. I think I've met the Reaper at the bottom of something.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I'm not certain of this, but I think I might...

I don't believe in the reaper either. One reason I'm so good at history as most comes naturally to me.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I don't believe in the reaper either. One...

To be honest, I don't remember that much, it's mostly, because I have had traumatic deaths earlier. And a trauma is not that good for the next life. You shut it out, automatically.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I think there is a reason for my fear of water. I have drowned before. So it's not just falling to my death before, it's complicated thing. Having to reborn.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Only when I think of it, which is not often.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Only when I think of it, which is not often.

Mr. Death is a reaper.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Nope.

Nope I don't

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

Wow!! I wanna thank you guys so much for this awesome discussion going on. I appreciate oyu all contributing and sharing your outlook and ideas. So cool and thought provoking.

Trish Trish OP

no, not afraid

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

SEMPER FI

RECRUIT RECRUIT

No. Waste of time.

Chris_PHAET_Demon Chris_PHAET_Demon

It seems that the older I have gotten, the less that I have come to have any fear of death for myself, although I still fear it for those I love.
And it's only for those whom I love (along with my assumption that they may need me for some purpose), that I even care to be alive at all.
Otherwise, I welcome my own death, but I am not suicidal.

JFHowler JFHowler

In response to “It seems that the older I have gotten, the...

Trust me, I understand the feeling well

Trish Trish OP

In response to “Trust me, I understand the feeling well

Glad someone understands that...Actually, I've been that way for almost 30 years.

JFHowler JFHowler

Sometimes

Jaxxi Jaxxi

I’m afraid of a slow death where I’m a prisoner of my own body and I’m aftaid of no longer being useful to society but afraid of death, no.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

Why waste time fearing something that is natural part of life?

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

Can't say I do, as I know it will happen and perhaps sooner than most of you...I believe in the afterlife and reincarnation and so life goes on and hopefully a better life will await me, if I'm wrong then there is nothing, how can I fear nothing...

JD JD