Parents punching their child in the face is not very parent like. Amirite ?

Creamcrackeredmona1986TrishWill_JanitorMashaDW2QuizzySofiaSetsunaSeonag

Nobody :)

Piper2Darkest_SerenityTiffaneeSofiaWill_JanitorMashaPartyOfOneZonkeyBallsRoosterMetal_god14

Spanking is discipling. Punching, is abuse.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Could you rephrase your question?

JackHenryKraven JackHenryKraven

In response to “Could you rephrase your question?

I think rephrasing the question would be appropriate, in this case. Just the mod wannabe in me, nothing else.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I think that would be child abuse.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I think that would be child abuse.

I had a brother of mine do that once to my nephew I told him if I ever saw that again I'd be grabbing his throat with my hands if he ever did that again

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

That is wrong. The most they should do id slap the kids bottom as a punishment, but hey right now if you yell at a kid in public someone calls the cops.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Punching anyone in the face is considered assault.

If a parent is punching his or her child in the face inform social services immediately.

Chris_PHAET_Demon Chris_PHAET_Demon

To help those parents understand, they should get 5 punches to their face by a heavy weight boxer..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “To help those parents understand, they should...

I can do that, but for the fairness, I will only use my weaker arm.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I can do that, but for the fairness, I will...

That'll work just make the last one a upper cut..

DandyDon DandyDon

No parent should be punching their kid and frankly, I don't feel positively about any form of corporal punishment. I'm glad that my parents never hit me in any way.

Thibault Thibault

You really should try composing your questions better, but from what I understand, your meaning was to ask, if it was okay for the parents to punish their children physically? No. It's not. Naturally, it's not okay nor should it ever be. I was never beaten. I was given all of the support and love, that one can have. Okay, it might have gotten me a bit astray and stealing helicopters, but that was my choice as an adult.

I have loved both of my parents, without hesitation, even when they wronged me. My dad - well he went six feet under in 2008 - was a great man. My mother only abuses me by words, yapping at me. But that's what most mothers do, as I've come to understand the human nature. Violence, in the physical form? Never. Just constant yapping and my mom doesn't know, when to shut up. Which is usually at this end of complaining about the issue.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

JustJimColo JustJimColo

It's very illegal.

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

Anyone seen punching their children, should have them removed and the parent put in prison...

JD JD

Unfortunately, and this is by no means an excuse nor it it a justification of such actions, some parents do not know any better. There are situations where generations of family are bought up where 'getting the bash' is simply the way life is for them.

I am not convinced that having children removed and the parents put in jail is the best solution. I think that having the children removed from such offending is most definitely a move that should be mandatory in such circumstance.

I think that there needs to be some understanding of the parents motivation to parent in such a way, and, if there is a way to teach some effective parenting technique, coupled with anger management perhaps.

The reason I think this is because the cycle has gone on for so long now and the current methodology is proving inadequate to halt the issue. Can we find a better way?

Just a slight voicing of some of my thoughts on the subject :)

AliceD AliceD

Knocking out your kids with a right hook isn't very parently in my opinion.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

It's child abuse and should be reported to the authorities.

Linnster Linnster

Parents who do that sort of abuse should be charged. Clearly they have issues of their own.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

No one should hit a child in the face, and my disdain for children is well documented.

Gun Gun

"Not very parent-like" is a severe understatement. I abhor violence. I especially abhor violence toward children, animals, and disabled. Violence does nothing positive. It causes pain (both physical and mental), it causes fear, it causes mistrust, it causes insecurity... I am not a child psychologist, but I have studied what the actual experts say and they are basically unanimously AGAINST hitting and hurting children. Any decent human being should be, I would think.

Trish Trish

I never wanted my Girl to grow up in fear of me so always had control of my anger with her no matter how loud she was screaming or how hard she was kicking when she was younger.

The most I would do was sit on her to stop her from hurting me or herself at moments when she was throwing a real tantrum.

Anyone close to me and her has been warned since she was a tot "it's my way or the highway , you don't lay one finger on her" and they never have.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

Totally uncalled for.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Couldn’t agree more.

Masha Masha

Its more than child abuse....they should be executed

RECRUIT RECRUIT

If I saw it happen.. well.. they would wake up eventually.

DW2 DW2

Obviously.

Sofia Sofia

From my point of view, it's criminal. I wouldn't hold back on attacking the bast**d once the child's held and out of his reach.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne