As an older single adult, ever had the experience of thinking you have fallen in love with someone you have met online, talked with over the phone, communicated via the internet, exchanged pictures... but never met in person after a few months of the initial online meeting?...If so, what was the outcome of such an experience for you?

OzSurferazlottoRoosterCbear1JFHowler

Ever happen to any of you?

I agree with Budwick here. I had one of those situations once years back and we Skyped and talked on the phone. I had a P.I. friend of mine check her out to see if she was real and found out she was married with a son. I had to end it right then and there and it didn't go well either. Never again for me! I want to meet ladies in real life only!

Rooster Rooster

Pretty standard and simple. I love her and she hates me, and it's all MY fault.

Any questions?

FuzzyPeach FuzzyPeach

Sure I meet people on line, but I am realistic and if they are not near my location I will not be interested. So I usually meet them in a week or 2 of intresting conversations. Oh I wish you hadn't posted as a ghost, If I wasn't so darn bored I would delet my answer. PLEASE USE YOUR SCREEN NAME

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Well, on one hand it seems perfect, and surrealistically REAL, while on the other hand it is even more realistically heartbreaking than words can describe (at least for me).

JFHowler JFHowler

A year and a half relationship with visits every summer and winter.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

No. What ever you've fallen into, if you've never even met the person, it ain't love.

Budwick Budwick

Rooster Rooster

Nope. Met some people I've formed friendships with, but never anything close to "love".

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Face to Face has always been the best way to go, maybe the only way for some.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

No, but I have come to care a great deal, about some people I've gotten to know online in a more personal kind of way.

Piper2 Piper2

My answer was simply you are who you say you are and be prepared for knock at the door when the feds come because I am a member of the date scammers.com site and if you think you being taken advantage of by female it's not really them you can go to this website type in their name and find out if they're real or not now you can find out on anybody but specially dating I got this girl when they caught her and rest of her to actually hotter at her house because I was able to talk to her long enough and get a GPS location on actually what he was coming from and let him write to him so she was talking to me and I did knock at the door and that was it scam people millions and millions of dollars but come to find out she had 15 people that she had done it to over the past 6 years and stole almost 20 million dollars she knew what she was doing but you can't fool somebody that :-* can see a fake person Dead on

Cbear1 Cbear1

I haven't "fallen in love" with anyone online, but I have come to love some of their personalities, demeanor, moral values, the intelligent way they've thought issues through, etc. As attractive as they were in the ways I've mentioned, I still haven't come to a point where I wanted to share in an ongoing intimacy.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

Nope, never have.

azlotto azlotto