Lets face it , something said online by a complete stranger or a friend can trigger a response in anyone of us at any time. Amirite ?

Darkest_SerenityVicZincPhilboydStudgeBlewynanifailRoosterSynysterGatesSunny_the_skepticJustJimColoThibaultStarzAboveLil_PrincessMonaLeaOzSurferTrishMashaStellaMacSeamrog

Neanderthal_MomdoerDandyDon

Lil_PrincessJDDandyDonOzSurferAdaWill_JanitorBlewynanifailMonaLeaRoosterSynysterGatesMetal_god14

Explained by Darkest_Serenity...

OK......so we know we have the potential to be triggered and even the coolest of you Panda's out there have lost your cool once in a Blue moon. We have all gone through our own experiences *some horrific* some share / some don't and that's personal choice. I tell NO ONE certain things unless I am happy for them to know (I specifically hold back out in forum) because how can I expect complete Strangers to Respect my feelings ? 1) they don't know me from Adam and 2) how would they even know if I was telling the truth ? THIS is an OPINION SITE where all kinds of views are going to be heard and sometime's we're not going to agree or appreciate what some have to say because we can relate in a way some may never be able to understand. I understand when certain memories are triggered it hurts , makes us sad , makes us angry. IF we were in our own Lounge we would have the choice to say "Shut up , I don't want to hear this , can you stop talking and leave please" but this isn't our own personal space , this is AMIRITE. An opinion site for all. An Online social lounge where anyone can walk into a discussion or start one at at anytime.

True. But some get more freedom to make it personal.

I remember being scolded in a PM because a troll here blocked ME, and YOU didn't think it was right that he couldn't defend himself. Remember? Check your PM to me if you forgot. He was kicked off the site the next day. Maybe he crossed a line with someone of importance here.

Just for the record, I didn't block someone recently over the issue of gender. I blocked because he followed me around with, "what are you?... a man, woman, or an IT?" That was one of many things I got from a complete stranger on the internet. Instead of answering such a thing, I blocked him. So go ahead and scold me or remove my comment here. I won't care though. It's the internet.

So if this is all about us being strangers on the internet, that is fine. But it's not OK for some to act like complete morons while some of us get our hands slapped.

Random_Thoughts

Very true and I agree with you. But like a lounge? You can always log out and come back later and not say a thing. I prefer this method. But yes, anyone can be triggered by certain things. I just try and remember that it's a website and not real life.

Rooster Rooster

We all have those moments where we snap, not really proud of it. I tend to snap I'm insulted for no reason or for not agreeing for something.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “We all have those moments where we snap, not...

Very true! But I just walk away from them and forget about it.

Rooster Rooster

I've had those Sunny
I choose to learn from those (ono) moments.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “I've had those Sunny I choose to learn from...

Talk about skeletons in the closet eh? (biggrin)

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Talk about skeletons in the closet eh? (biggrin)

I still lose my temper occasionally but it's with those I'm closest to on here.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “I still lose my temper occasionally but it's...

Yay, so if you lash out against me it means you love me (biggrin)

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Yay, so if you lash out against me it means...

lolz Poor Zonkey got both barrels on Saturday Bless him (smirk2) I was in one lousy mood.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

You are not in the closet again....hehe

JD JD

I don't ask for a lot of opinions about issues in my personal life because frankly, I don't really want to hear those opinions! No one on this site knows me as well as the people in my "real life" do, so to expect nothing but completely helpful and sensitive answers to a very specific personal issue is unrealistic. And that, in general, is not what I am here for. When I ask a question, I am fully prepared to hear a variety of answers and opinions, otherwise I wouldn't ask it in the first place. I can't ask for people's opinions then say I don't want them. This is an open forum where anyone is free to comment.

Of course there are going to be times when something catches me off-guard and I react before I think (and we are all guilty of that), but I try to remain level-headed as much of the time as possible.

Thibault Thibault

Random_Thoughts

In response to “True. But some get more freedom to make it...

I agree.... I hate it when someone is stalking and harassing others then when blocked they play the victim. Boo hoo

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I remember .........every account user is a Genuine member until they are Banned Random thoughts , therefore if they make a complaint it has to be looked into like any other members complaint on here.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “I remember .........every account user is a...

No comment Serenity. This whole post is very telling how you interact with problems reported by more than a few. Have a good day!

Random_Thoughts

In response to “No comment Serenity. This whole post is very...

http://www.amirite.com/moderators

there are 5 of us making decisions RT including James
I think people are forgetting this

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “http://www.amirite.com/moderators there are...

I could care less about the other moderators. Actually, they are not all in agreement, but I will leave it at that. You and your play dates can pat yourselves on the back and pretend you are all that. I have better ways to utilize my precious free time.

Random_Thoughts

In response to “I could care less about the other...

Why do you come over so hostile....

JD JD

That's terrible. Your gender or sexual preference is no body's business!

MonaLea MonaLea

It takes a lot to make me mad, but I've been known to thrash people on here, especially if they are attacking me or my friends. Or if someone is just plain rude, I will let them know, and that's when the war begins.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “It takes a lot to make me mad, but I've been...

Yes I know , you're a Pistol when you get mad. (smile)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “Yes I know , you're a Pistol when you get...

I've been meaning to talk to you about that. (hehe)(hehe)(biggrin)(biggrin)(wink)(wink)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I've been meaning to talk to you about...

Oh Hell what have I done now lolz (smirk2)(hehe)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “Oh Hell what have I done now lolz (smirk2)(hehe)

aha....caught ya. lol Confess!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “(mischief)(6)(hehe)

Bad girl!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Bad girl!...

Ouch! Starzy (smirk2)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

No it don't ...you are always mad at me....hehe

JD JD

In response to “No it don't ...you are always mad at me....hehe

You need to change your ways, you bad boy. (biggrin)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

People can say what they want, it all goes over my head...

JD JD

In response to “People can say what they want, it all goes...

Not surprising the little time you spend on here these days......

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “Not surprising the little time you spend on...

My closest friend is never here...

JD JD

In response to “My closest friend is never here...

If I'm here more often, it goes over my head more often.

JD JD

you're still my # 1 and always will be.....

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

Oh I totally agree. It doesn't happen often but there are some things that are said that trigger a tsunami of emotions for me that are hard to control. (sad)

Yesterday, I saw something that really pissed me off. Instead of wanting to call this person a jackwagon the word "****" came right across the screen. I sat back for a few minutes reading what I have just wrote then told myself "I am better than that". I then changed my comment and went to posting funny stuff.

I look at it this way, just because someone's wheels on their bus doesn't go completely around doesn't mean I have to stoop to the same level and show my ignorance.

I try to be respectful when it comes to giving making comments or posting. I know I once made someone mad over an OCD post. My intentions were to be funny not to upset anyone. I have OCD but I can honestly laugh bout it because some things I do are down right silly.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “Oh I totally agree. It doesn't happen often...

I've done that too. (hehe) I write a whole long thing and then hit the delete button.
I do see something up that is rather disturbing right now and said a few words. But I don't have the emotional energy to get sucked in. It's easier to log out and go take a jog with the dog.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I've done that too. (hehe) I write a whole...

Glad I ain't alone (hehe)

Smart thinking. I need to stay way from that stuff because once my mouth starts, I can't get it to stop unless someone tells me to hit the brakes.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

I had a few words and got blocked.

I hit a nerve with that one.

Random_Thoughts

All that it totally true for me too!

OzSurfer OzSurfer

Hi MonaLea, good to see you again. You were missed. (hug)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Hi StarzAbove.

How have you been?

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “How have you been?

Very busy! How are you?

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “Very busy! How are you?

I'm fine, very busy getting ready for Thanksgiving.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I'm fine, very busy getting ready for...

Crazy how busy holidays are. So much going on. Hope you had a nice turkey day.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “Crazy how busy holidays are. So much going...

Thanks, I had a great turkey day. Everything went very well, now I'm busy with the Christmas happenings.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

that's the best way to be babe , don't get vexed by idiot's who don't know you and don't know anything about you. (biggrin)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “that's the best way to be babe , don't get...

I am slowly learning this. Not as easy for me to do it but I have faith in me (biggrin)

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Serenity, stop protecting the 'wrong people', just because you think you can control them.

Enough of you and your cockamamie ideas already.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Serenity, stop protecting the 'wrong people'...

I agree!

What is allowed here is an insult.

Random_Thoughts

In response to “I agree! What is allowed here is an insult.

Especially those dissing other members on this site or agreeing with rapists. Pathetic.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Let me introduce you to the MOD TEAM

http://www.amirite.com/moderators

I am no longer alone in my decisions. (smile)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “Let me introduce you to the **MOD TEAM**...

I said cockamamie decisions, and with that, you are alone. In fact, you are the only "MOD" that anyone is complaining about.

dru18 dru18

In response to “I said cockamamie decisions, and with that...

Well I can't argue with that , it is your opinion after all

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “Well I can't argue with that , it is your...

Then get a clue already.

God, I hope they are clean this time.

dru18 dru18

I don't get triggered

bummed

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “I don't get...

lolz Chance (xp) that mini cannon is cool

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

online it's easier to ignore and not participate in what I find to be a waste of time..

Less drama....less chances of being triggered.

I rarely get triggered in real life, where someone can get in your grill...so...yea.

For the record, I'm guessing this post is about some situation...that as usual,i don't have the slightest idea of what it's about and I prefer it to stay that way..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “online it's easier to ignore and not...

I know , you're a cool Panda Dandy (smile)
I am still following your example and get far less vexed these days (jolly)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

Of course, lol.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne