Charles Manson is DEAD!

Gun

Nobody :)

PhilboydStudgedru18GunWill_JanitorJustJimColoMonaLeaRoosterSynysterGatesDar
Charles Manson is DEAD!

Explained by Gun...

Rot in Hell, you son of a ****.

Good ... Finally. One down and 100's more to go.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Good riddance.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Good riddance.

Gun Gun OP

RIP. We never have enough serial killers.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “RIP. We never have enough serial killers.

Trust me, Zonk; there's always more than enough.

Gun Gun OP

So long mutha phucka. Burn in hell.

Budwick Budwick

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Yes, he certainly is .... he has been for a long time, but now it's official.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

If our justice system worked as it should have, Manson would only be a footnote in history, because he would have been executed 45 years ago when he was sentenced to death in 1971.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “If our justice system worked as it should...

And this is what doesn't work with the death penalty. If we actually want it to be a deterrent, it has to be carried out soon enough after the person is sentenced. Having it delayed so many years or having it never implemented for a certain person at all makes it useless as a societal deterrent or a form of justice.

Thibault Thibault

In response to “And this is what doesn't work with the death...

Manson dodged the death penalty because the law was changed.
1972 – California Supreme Court declares death penalty unconstitutional. 107 condemned prisoners re-sentenced.
1977 – State Legislature overrides Governor Jerry Brown's veto and reinstates the death penalty, allowing for capital punishment in first degree murders with any of 12 special circumstances.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Now, I don't agree with that.

We have DNA evidence in use, in this so-called civilized world. There are cases, where the jury has been biased against a black individual, and when the sentences were carried out there wasn't any DNA evidence.

You want us to murder people, that can be proven innocent, after the technology has evolved to that point? Shit, man. Shoot first and ask questions later? That's just stupid. I loved your opinion and even gave it a plus, but I still don't agree with you. It has to be absolutely certain or then we are just running around.

In Manson's case, I would've been happy to shoot him in the head myself, but... There is always a but... You don't play with life and death. That's not even for the soldiers. We have a code of honor, which the civilians should also protect.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

It was his acts, not his incarceration, that made him more than a footnote.

I agree the parole hearings are a circus, but the pain that man inflicted, the lives lost, and the lives ruined, will always be there.

dru18 dru18

In response to “It was his acts, not his incarceration, that...

Dru, can you remember many mass murderers of 50 years ago and beyond? Can our children? He obtained continued celebrity status because he wasn't executed. He was interviewed.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Dru, can you remember many mass murderers of...

I disagree. I think we can all remember Ted Bundy.

He methodically planned a mass murder in a very astute part of LA, at a time when most people there didn't even lock their doors.

He targeted rich and beautiful people, another headline grabber.

The case dragged on for months, and had it not been for Atkins bragging, we still might not know.

He brainwashed others into committing these pointless but atrocious acts. The victims were over killed, with Sharon, at sixteen knife wounds, having the least.

"The Ranch" yielded many bodies, and there are still people out there, that have not been accounted for.

dru18 dru18

In response to “I disagree. I think we can all remember Ted...

Dru, Who was Richard Hickock, and what did he do? No cheating.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Dru, Who was Richard Hickock, and what did...

I have no idea who he is.

dru18 dru18

In response to “I have no idea who he is.

Remember the movie, "In Cold Blood"? He and Perry Smith were the two guys who went into a farmhouse in Holcomb, KS and murdered the entire family for something like $14. (I've been by that house when I was young) They tied the family up, slit their throats and then shot them. It was National News and considered one of the most heinous crimes of the century. This happened in 1959 and they were convicted and hung in 1965. (Just 4 years prior to the Manson murders)
Now... the reason you didn't know who they were, was because they were executed 6 years after their crime. (52 years ago) You and I remember Ted Bundy because he was executed when we were watching the story unfold on TV. The next generation does not. In other words, a footnote in history which is forgotten by the next generation.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Remember the movie, "In Cold Blood"?...

Perry Smith is the one who stood out. He is the one who stood out to Capote. Yes, I read the book, and watched both movie versions.

So you think that "In Cold Blood" will not be read by future generations? I hope you are wrong, since it is still a classic.

By those standards Jim, you and I would not know about 'Jack the Ripper'

dru18 dru18

In response to “Perry Smith is the one who stood out. He is...

If Jack the Ripper had not been kept alive by numerous film, you wouldn't know who he was. Actually Dru, we still don't know who Jack the Ripper was. Even today, Jack the Ripper is more Myth than truth. The murders were real but other than that, all we have is the myths, speculation and conjecture.

You read the book and you saw the movie, but still couldn't remember Hickock's name. You remember the event because of the movie and the book, but you remember it "as" a book and a movie. I think there are very few people out there today who would read the book. They may or may not watch the old black and white movie. Different times and different culture. By today's standards, Perry and Hickock were nothing special.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “If Jack the Ripper had not been kept alive by...

It depends solely on the person. If you are a crime buff, you will probably be interested in mass murderers. I think Manson stands out because of the horrific crime itself. And the Tates themselves have kept it going.

I researched Jack the Ripper for a paper when I was a senior in high school. The effects from his killings were fascinating. Really brought 'White Chapel' into the living rooms of the higher class. But you are right, he has stayed relevant because he still is a mystery.

dru18 dru18

We probably shouldn't have had to pay for him to live out the rest of his natural life after his conviction.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Life was too good to him. He got to live to be an old man, while Sharon died trying to defend her baby.

I hope he rots in hell.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Life was too good to him. He got to live to...

Dru, I notice you referred to one of the murdered victims as Sharon tate's baby and not a fetus. (That's a good thing) :)

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Dru, I notice you referred to one of the...

He was eight and a half months old, hardly a fetus.

dru18 dru18

In response to “He was eight and a half months old, hardly a...

But by many peoples beliefs, he wasn't a baby, or a human being either.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “But by many peoples beliefs, he wasn't a...

I doubt that.

He was about to be born in two weeks. He was a human being.

dru18 dru18

Finally!

MonaLea MonaLea

how much did it cost to house,feed,clothe,dental & medical the late great state of Mexifornia to keep ole Charlie alive

rope is cheap at the hardware store
what you won't find at the hardware store are feelings

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “how much did it cost to...

In 1976, in the state of Florida, it cost $45000 per year per prisoner that was incarcerated. I'll let you do the math from there.

Gun Gun OP

In response to “In 1976, in the state of Florida, it cost...

I find it strange
many cities have a wild dog problem
not one complaint about putting them down
people who murder....OMG we must show mercy

why I ask
they gave no mercy

I think the wall just went 10 feet higher
Border Patrol agent appeared to be ambushed by illegal immigrants, bashed with rocks before death

DACA?
**** DACA

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

Party time!

ergoproxy ergoproxy

Manson was one sick demented son of a b*tch. He should have been put to death 50 years ago.

Dar Dar

But he was in jail all this time so no way he could cause any harm, why are people acting like they got rid of him just now?

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “But he was in jail all this time so no way he...

Capital punishment was never expected to be a deterrent. It was to effect closure for the victims and their families, and satisfy the very human need for revenge.

Gun Gun OP

I'm sure he will be an evil Ghost .Haunting someone.

hootowl hootowl