Santa.At what age did you stop believing and how did you find out?

Lil_PrincessDarkest_SerenityTiffaneeStarzAboveSofiaAdaprimeiroBlewynanifailZonkeyBallsSynysterGatesMetal_god14

When i was 7, i questioned my parents about santa. Just thought it implausible. That year, on christmas eve, as on all christmas eves before, my father let the fire go out in the fireplace. He took a pair of my uncles boots (big feet) imprinted them in the ashes and tramped a bit across the floor.
I was a believer again:).
But...the following year, we had a split class, half 3rd grade, half 4th grade. One of the 4th grade boys teased me for still believing, so of course i stopped.
So, at eight years of age, i stopped believing in santa.
When i think of it now, i wish it could have gone on until i was nine. It would have been great to allow my dad to keep up the illusion, as that was something he enjoyed and it was his last christmas.

Carla Carla

I was a believer again:).

Carla Carla

In response to “When i was 7, i questioned my parents about...

Those are the kind of memories you cherish...

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Those are the kind of memories you cherish...

Yes, they are.

Carla Carla

Seven, I was about to start elementary school and my mom just dropped the bomb. "You really think, that the Santa Claus is real? How stupid is that?" Well, yes, quite stupid, I assume.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I don't know that I ever did.

Gun Gun

You mean there isn't a Santa?

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I always kinda knew. In slavic countries Christmas looks like you didn't even put much effort to keep the lie. I remember my dad took me to a toy shop and asked which one I liked, then the next day some guy in a weird looking santa costume (that you all as adults here would get nightmares from) gave those very same toys we chose with our parents. It was kinda like, no one cared about santa it was just a jolly time you get toys.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

To give you a better idea, pretty much every santa in a ex USSR country looked this way, which is why it's not uncommon for some toddlers to cry in these photos. Just show this to any slavic person and they will instantly relate.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “To give you a better idea, pretty much every...

Jesus! Sunny that's like one of my worst Nightmares
he is frightening , like a Killer Santa out of the Twilight Zone (smirk2)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “Jesus! Sunny that's like one of my worst...

You'd be used to it if you were slavic (biggrin)

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “You'd be used to it if you were slavic (biggrin)

lolz Slavic Kids must need Therapy to get over Santa photo sittings (shock) and what's with the Evil Bunny (smirk2)(hehe)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “lolz Slavic Kids must need Therapy to get...

It's good intentions with horrible and poor craftsmanship. That's the USSR in a nutshell :D

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “It's good intentions with horrible and poor...

If a Santa's beard wasn't White enough or I didn't think their Belly was big enough , I apparently sat on their lap and told them when I was a tot. (hehe) I think if I had seen your Santa I would of run out the room screaming. (smirk2)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “If a Santa's beard wasn't White enough or I...

It was **** weird, we were aware of it, but we got presents and we were thankful of the efforts, in a way things still had their charm.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

HAHA! The evil bunny would of scarred me for LIFE!!!
乂^◡^乂

Ada Ada

In response to “that Bunny reminds me of this Ada lolz...

Jeez Ser I'm off to bed in like half hour I'm gonna have such sweet dreams haha! 乂^◡^乂

Ada Ada

In response to “Jeez Ser I'm off to bed in like half hour I'm...

hahaha you're gonna dream that your Pet Bunny grows as big as you or bigger , starts walking on it's Back Legs and demanding Carrots (mischief)(smirk2)

Sweet dreams *Wicked giggles*

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

I can't remember ever believing. If I did I can't remember it.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

It's funny when I was a kid I could on Christmas Eve I could hear Santa's sleigh landing on the roof then I finally realized it was just noises the old farmhouse made lol

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

In response to “It's funny when I was a kid I could on...

that's so weird because I could hear Sleigh bells as well when I was little on Xmas eve

I wonder if all Kids do

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

Six or seven. My cousin and I found the Santa suit in my grandparent's basement.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Years ago I hired myself out as Santa for private parties. It was a great gig. Good money at a time of year when money was needed.

One evening my daughter, maybe six at the time walked in as I was getting dressed for my Santa gig. My heart was in my throat - I did not want to be the one that blew it for my little angel. She looked at me, wide eyed and confused, and she said,

"You're Santa? Oh Daddy, I promise I won't tell anyone! I love you!"

Problem solved!

Budwick Budwick

WHAT????

beachbum beachbum

I don't remember why I stopped believing in Father Christmas but it was Magical when I did.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

I can't remember ever believing in Santa. 乂º︵º乂

Ada Ada

In response to “ahhhhhhh (hug) why Ada ?

Spent too much of my life drunk, I probably did believe in Santa once, I just can't remember. 乂º︵º乂

Ada Ada

In response to “I can't remember ever believing in Santa...

Awww
You and tiffanee both...
That just sucks.

Carla Carla

In response to “Awww You and tiffanee both... That just sucks.

What I said to Ser, I hat repeating myself ha.

I hope you are well love? 乂º◡º乂

Ada Ada

In response to “What I said to Ser, I hat repeating myself...

I am.
Hope you are as well:)

Carla Carla

My sister found our presents in the wardrobe, some said "From Father Christmas," on them.
I quite liked the idea of putting a mince pie, a glass of milk and a carrot out for them. I didn't like the idea of a strange man being in the house. I remember saying "He won't come upstairs will he?"

Creamcrackered Creamcrackered

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before...but I still get prezzies so I'm cool...

JD JD

Never stopped believing (smile)

HELLOwithSMILE HELLOwithSMILE

I don't know that I ever did as a child. I certainly cannot recall any traumatic moment of enlightenment, if I did. I do, yet today, believe in the jolliness and benevolence that is the spirit of the story of Santa, and I have experienced that in both giving and receiving. I believe there's a bit of Santa that lives within most of us, whether we recognize it as such or not. :)

Bozette Bozette

I was 7 when I stopped. I wrote a letter and it didn't get picked up. I knew then Santa wasn't real and it was my parents the whole time.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

I have no clue. I don't even remember believing in Santa. My oldest memory of Christmas was of me and my sister sneaking to the tree, so we could open our presents, play with it, then put everythinh back together as it was. For what I remember I was already aware where the presents were coming from.

Sofia Sofia

never really believed. parents where truthful from early on. never took the joy from christmas

sh9683 sh9683