Sexual harassment/rape of women isnt funny

• Topics:PeopleRape
  • Post Of The Day on Nov 23rd 2017

TiffaneeRoosterStarzAboveDWFPiper2Will_JanitorOzSurferJDbeachbumSkr3wBallMonaLeaTrishMashaLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredmona1986SofiaLil_PrincessCarlameow_199SetsunaprimeiroThinkerbell

StickCaveman

Lil_PrincessPiper2Darkest_SerenityTiffaneeStarzAboveOzSurferSofiaWill_JanitorMashaThinkerbellprimeiroMonaLeaCarlaRooster

Sexual harassment isn't funny, regardless the **** of the victim.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

No, it isn't! It's a serious matter! Making jokes of it is pure stupidity!

Rooster Rooster

True and I know some members of this website who think women are "asking for it" that's sad they should be banned for that

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “True and I know some members of this website...

So, we want to ban people for what they think now?
Do you really think that's wise?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “So, we want to ban people for what they think...

And you think it's okay that people find rape of women funny? That's not a thought that's cruel and inhumane

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “And you think it's okay that people find rape...

How do you get there Metal? Did I say anything at all that might lead you to believe that I think rape is funny? Anything at all?

Is that the same thought process you used so that you know some members of this website who think women are "asking for it", and that they should be banned for thinking that.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “How do you get there Metal? Did I say...

I can understand on some posts wait and see how it plays out but when it's basically people condoning rape in my opinion that is wrong and if the moderators do nothing that kind of speaks for itself

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

And I thought you compared looking at naked girls...if it was true...to child rapists, explain how you equate the two...

JD JD

I really am shocked by what I have read here so far.

MonaLea MonaLea

I agree. It would be a very traumatic happening that a woman would never forget. And you're right there are some creeps on this site that seem to think it's OK. And even posted about women talking about it here on Amirite. Wonder how they would feel if their wife, mother, sister, aunts were raped? Would they have sympathy for them, I doubt it. Those that think it's funny or that the woman asked for it, are just scumbags in my opinion.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I agree. It would be a very traumatic...

There are 9 disagrees so I guess 9 people think it is funny.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “There are 9 disagrees so I guess 9 people...

And to those who disagree with my post well that speaks volumes about your mentality and views on women cavemen obviously incapable of compassion for another person

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

It's up to 39 disagrees now. There is only one word for them:

Douchenozzles! :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “It's up to 39 disagrees now. There is only...

You nailed it, Will.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Is it considered sexual harassment if I tell someone to kiss my ****?

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Those that chose to disagree are very low lifes, no good decent person would ever think rape is funny.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Those that chose to disagree are very low...

Yes that crap puts a gigantic zit on the face of this site but if the site is happy with that then so be it.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

they're trying and succeeding to wind you up

they jumped on my post today , it was 50% negative within minutes of it being up and I just changed my options.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “they're trying and succeeding to wind you up...

Some members of this site wouldn't know that and newbies or people checking out the site for the first time wouldn't know that either.

I have made a screenshot as a reminder of how many creeps and lowlifes exist on this site.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Some members of this site wouldn't know that...

I understand that newbies wouldn't be aware of this Troll disagree situation but the less attention we give them , the quicker they'll get bored Tiff.

I can see them rubbing their hands together behind their screens and I'm thinking "**** em"

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “I understand that newbies wouldn't be aware...

I would have remove the voting the second the disagrees started going up and I know you can do that. You have the power to stop their pathetic, childish game. That is how you stop them. This ignoring shit doesn't work.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I would have remove the voting the second the...

removing unreg voting would be down to management but I don't see that happening , so myself I often choose to use custom voting because I don't want my discussion about a little Girl that was trapped and Died to be about how pissed off people are with the Trolls. (think)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “removing unreg voting would be down to...

They removed unreg downvoting as an option so why not stop this BS as well but I know you can take the voting off this post. Personally I think that should have been done hours ago.....for the benefit of the site.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “They removed unreg downvoting as an option so...

I'm not sure why this feature was left but I have seen it causes trouble on here and has been for a while.

any mod can change your options on any post but members need to come to us and say

"change my options please"

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “I'm not sure why this feature was left but I...

It would seem like an easy fix to do. They fixed the DV's, they should be able to fix this too.

Then the poor basement dweller won't have anything to do.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “It would seem like an easy fix to do. They...

the poor basement dweller will always find a way to get a rise out of members on here , they change their tactics all the time.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “the poor basement dweller will always find a...

Stop giving them the tools to do it.

You shouldn't be allowed to vote without signing in anyway.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Stop giving them the tools to do it. You...

if Admin take away the invis disagree's
they'll find another way

they are Sick! in the head.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “if Admin take away the invis disagree's...

Well at least if it is all by name and visible to all we will soon learn who to stop talking with.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Right - we all ask for members only, but nobody listens. I would pay a small fee one time to make this site members only - wouldn't you. That way they are not so anonymous at all.

I didn't alter the voting because I had no idea people would actually disagree on my post and basically say rape is funny I was shocked to see it

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “I didn't alter the voting because I had no...

I do understand that you were shocked that these idiot Trolls could disagree with a post with such a delicate subject but they don't think like you or me or any member on this post.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

Yes what kind of example does it set if new people want to join Amirite and see people saying rape is okay and funny not a stellar recommendation

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “Yes what kind of example does it set if new...

Somebody is not looking after the well-being of the site. It is not only offensive, it is embarrassing.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Somebody is not looking after the well-being...

There were many times I was going to sign in and say hello, but didn't feel comfortable with the bashing those that oppose the president. Now it's women. I was surprised to see the word w h o r e on the other post coming from a man.

MonaLea MonaLea

Tiff sorry to tell you, nobody cares about the well being of the site, in fact they set it upfor no names to vote and stir up trouble.

I honestly think as someone who has been a member on many opinion sites and a mod on two , that it's the members responses that matter and not the agree/disagree voting system.

This comes from years of feedback from newbies on Amirite that have spoken to me. NOT one has ever mentioned the agree/disagree voting.

that speaks volumes

Not one person on this post has stated that Rape is funny.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “I honestly think as someone who has been a...

I respectfully have to disagree they may not have posted comment saying rape is funny but the disagree votes spoke pretty loudly to me

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “I respectfully have to disagree they may not...

that could be because the disagree Trolls are at the forefront of your Mind right now.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

I'm not upset at all, just gave an opinion of what I think of people, not just on this site, but every where that think rape is funny.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “fair enough

Thanks, (hug)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I saw some really insensitive comments.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I saw some really insensitive comments.

I know, sad isn't it?

StarzAbove StarzAbove

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

No, it isn't funny.

Apparently now just being asked out on a date can be considered sexual harassment. There goes procreation.

Dar Dar

In response to “No, it isn't funny. Apparently now just...

If you say no and someone continues to ask you it could be considered harassment. There are some people who don't care if you are married or taken they will continue to ask anyway.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “If you say no and someone continues to ask...

Yes no means no and to you people who disagree I'll be blunt you sicken me haven't you ever heard of compassion for fellow human being obviously you haven't you people should be ashamed but oh wait that requires feelings and obviously none of you who disagree have any

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

Is that true when it's outside of the workplace? I could see that if someone persisted after being turned down...

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

I disagree. I don't think that all these women coming forward now were just being asked out on a date.

MonaLea MonaLea

Not funny. Unacceptable.
And to those **** creeps that hit disagree behind anonymity, y'all are just chicken shit, pigs.

Carla Carla

In response to “Not funny. Unacceptable. And to those ****...

High five for that ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

Lovely advertisement for the site too. It doesn't say much for those in power that can fix the problem.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I agree 100%. They are the scum of the earth.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Yes, totally agree!

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I saw that too! Why would anyone do that?

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I saw that too! Why would anyone do that?

I think i answered that in my comment, my dear:]

Carla Carla

In response to “I think i answered that in my comment, my dear:]

Sick. Weird they would make that effort to do that. There must be a lot of people that quietly hate women here.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “Sick. Weird they would make that effort to...

I believe there are.
This happens often, the disagree slugs that get some kind creepy satisfaction by running up the red line.
When they do it on a post such as this, it is very telling of their mentality.

Carla Carla

In response to “I believe there are. This happens often, the...

Shows where their brain cells are.

MonaLea MonaLea

Hey, lady. Nice to see you:)

Carla Carla

In response to “Hey, lady. Nice to see you:)

Nice to see you! I had to get a few words in before I overindulge in some turkey. (hehe)(hehe)(hehe)

MonaLea MonaLea

Yes I'm an even tempered person always have been but this type of appalling behavior displayed here sickened me a lot such rampant disrespect for another person is cruel and sick and the people with the power to stop it do nothing obviously do they think it's funny too

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “Yes I'm an even tempered person always have...

Who are we hunting Metal?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Who are we hunting Metal?

Nobody I just find thinking the rape of women funny unacceptable and as moderator you should too

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “Nobody I just find thinking the rape of women...

Not a single person that has responded so far has said that they think rape is funny.

YOU claim to know people that do. You're bitching about the behavior of people here. Who? What behavior? EVERY person responding here has supported your premise that rape is not funny. WTF is the problem?

Deciding what's acceptable or not for me ain't gonna fly Metal. My guidance for you on this topic would be to not tell people what they should or shouldn't do. (Children the obvious exception.) Telling people what they should / shouldn't do implies that you have some control over them. You do not have control over me - do not presume that you do.

For the record I do NOT think rape is funny. I think the premise is preposterous. Further, I think the premise was born out of your aggressive nature and desire to put words that people did not say into their mouths. You did that very thing to me earlier in this thread. I commented on your wanting to ban people that think rape is funny and turned that into an assumption that I think rape is funny and OK.

Chill out Metal

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Not a single person that has responded so far...

I did see you calling women w h o r e s. You don't know anything about them either.

MonaLea MonaLea

Wonder if they think the rape of a 2 year old is OK? Or did that baby ask for it, in their sick minds they would say yes. Sick and pathetic people.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Not Funny.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

No it isn't

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

It isn't at all and the fact that 78% disagree is even more of a concern.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I think any type of rape on men, women or children is disgusting and the perpetrators should be executed...with sexual harassment there are so many different types ...the punishment should depend on how far the harassment went....

JD JD

It's ridiculous how many people disagree with this. Disgusting.

Skr3wBall Skr3wBall

Yes it is shocking to think the degradation humiliation of being raped is funny to some people it sickens me

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

I disagreed out of spite. Rape is clearly a bad thing but a post that makes obvious statements like this one is only an attempt to gain upvotes.

I'm happy to see the long time tradition of downvoting such posts remains.

StickCaveman StickCaveman

In response to “I disagreed out of spite. Rape is clearly a...

You just got yourself blocked

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

It's completely disgusting and reprehensible that well over 80% of respondents think rape/ violation of women is funny. What's wrong with you?

Trish Trish

Why would anyone think that is funny - about as funny as talking about killing a person - rape is killing a person's mind, future and life.

Ain’t that the truth!

Also, how can 82% disagree with this post when reality tells a different story? I’ve sent out my fellow Cossacks to find the culprit.)))

Masha Masha

In response to “Ain’t that the truth! Also, how can...

Go get 'em!

Carla Carla

I think the main reason for the disagrees are by people yanking your chain..
Not that they disagree with the question.

I'm a sane person and it goes without having to be said, that there's nothing funny about rape..

Unless I have the culprits blocked, I haven't seen one person on this site, that would give me the slightest idea that they think rape is funny..

If you can prove to me who they are, I will gladly block them.
So I don't ever have to deal with them..

And no I didn't disagree with your question..

DandyDon DandyDon

No it isn't, nor have I seen anyone on this site saying it was or acting as if it were.

Bozette Bozette

What's happening here is one member asked why some Women do not get Sexually harassed or Raped. (in a very clumsy way admittedly) but I would like to know that answer too WHY DO SOME SUFFER AND SOME BREEZE THROUGH LIFE , NEVER BEING ASSAULTED IN ANYWAY ?

[got an answer God ? do get back to me sometime because I'm Dying to know what your selection process is , up beyond all measure is my guess at times]

I saw members giving many examples of Rape to prove that it's not just the Sexy young and sometimes very Provocative Women get Raped. 60 , 70 , 80 , 90 year old Women have been Raped. we know this

Women who are young , confident and attractive have also had to deal with Sexual harassment in the workplace and have also been Raped. we know this

Women who were done up to the nines on a night out and Women who were strolling through a park in broad daylight in jogging pants and sweat top who were slightly over weight and a bit frumpy (her own words) have also been Raped my friend Christine was Raped when She was 22 in broad daylight in her local park that she walked in every day and didn't tell anyone until She was 43. Bless her heart.

the first Rape victim I ever met was 10 years old , Becky came to my School and because I was friendly and bubbly and I suppose seen as caring for my age I was asked to look after her by the headmaster while She was in our School. (he also knew I wouldn't let anyone mess with her or bully her in anyway because I was very Protective) That Girl broke my **** heart because she told me in detail what had happened to her and where *shudder* I had walked that subway a thousand times. Again in broad daylight around 4 p.m. when walking home from her old School. *tears* She moved hundreds of miles away after 6 weeks or so , suppose her family thought it was best to make a new start for her.

As for did some who were Raped tease those Men the answer would have to be yes because when I and my friends were younger I put myself in some very dangerous situations (not always in the Safety of friends) I had very little fear and far too much Confidence.

I was just Lucky I ran into nice Guys because if an 18 year old jumps in a Car with a group of Strangers at 2:30 a.m. smashed out of her Skull , skirt short enough to see her knickers because they whistled her over and lays across their laps and then continues to drink with those Strangers in their flat.....I've got to say She's asking for trouble because I was and I see that now.
I woke to find myself in a double bed not having a clue how I got there still dressed with paracetamol and orange juice by the bed and the Guy who brought me back to his was sleeping in his arm chair.
I remember kissing some Guy that night (or maybe more than one) but it wasn't him.

NO ONE on this site and that includes all members of staff has implied that Rape is funny except the Stupid trolls that are disagreeing on this post and like Dandy and myself have said , they're doing it to piss you off my friends.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

If anyone thinks it is, they shouldn't be allowed to live close to other people.

Sofia Sofia

Neither one of them is funny at all. I have cut people out of my life for making jokes about it. I will say that I have never seen anyone on here imply that it is funny unless I have someone blocked and can't see it.

When I shared my experience on a post, I had nothing but support from users on here. I shared more in one comment than I shared with anyone in my whole life. It is a very traumatic experience and for me I was only 15 years old,my rapist tried to take my life away a few months after he attacked me.

The people that are disagreeing are just asshats trying to piss ya off. Don't play their game because that is what they want sadly. Trust me, i could say a 100 things to them but that is what they enjoy and I am a better person than them and so are you.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Why would it be funny

meow_199 meow_199

Why are there more people that disagree on the fact that harassment/rape of women isn't funny than those who agree? O.o

Setsuna Setsuna

Of course it's not funny.

You might as well ask if stabbing someone with a knife is funny.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Rape and violence against anyone is abhorrent. Did you know 40% of victims of such evil are men? Doesn’t just happen against women

sh9683 sh9683