Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% how I react to it .......Charles R Swindoll

Darkest_SerenityWill_JanitorTrishbeachbum

Nobody :)

Lil_Princessdoctorwho1011JDDandyDonAdaWill_JanitorSynysterGates

Explained by Darkest_Serenity...

What a Wise Man , I think I'll follow his advice , take a deep breath *Smile* and get on with the rest of my day.

Most of his quotes are very religious, but I do agree with this one: “We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

We shouldn't undermine our impact on others, what we do can significantly improve or crap on someone's life.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Most of his quotes are very religious, but I...

Swindoll is a Christian Pastor. So, it's not surprising the things he says would be religious. [Being a Christian is not a bad thing Will.]

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Swindoll is a Christian Pastor. So, it's not...

I didn't mean to give you that impression. I think he is a smart man, but I get more from this quote than many of the others that I read. ;)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

It's strange but from hundreds of quotes I have seen and used to post to friends on SH , only a few have struck a chord with me and this is one of them.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

Totally agree. Take the emotions out and your reaction will be much better received.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Totally agree. Take the emotions out and your...

It's tough finding that balance between dealing with a situation calmly and it coming across as apathy at times (think)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

I just saw this picture and thought you'd appreciate it. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I just saw this picture and thought you'd...

Oh man Nazaré Portugal. They can go up to 60 feet. Great pic. love it. Thanks!

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Oh man Nazaré Portugal. They can go up...

That guy is surfing a 100 ft wave according to the writeup. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “That guy is surfing a 100 ft wave according...

That's very possible.There are about 5 areas where the waves can get as high as 100 feet. Jaws/Peahi Maui,
Teahupoo Tahiti, Costes banks. Mavericks, Santa Cruz and Nazare Portugal.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d...M?ecver=1" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Definitely so Ser, I also probably spend 10% of my life feeling sorry for myself and 90% of my life just cracking on with it. 乂º◡º乂

Ada Ada

https://youtu.be/A6_p5CV5plc

music always calms my sometimes Stormy Soul , brings me clarity of vision and allows me to truly see things how they really are. *blinkers off*

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

Oh I let my emotions get the best of me most of the time and I know this and it is something that I am working really hard on. I am trying to talk things through instead of getting pissed, walking away, hiding, breaking something or burning something to a crisp. Not an easy task but I am getting there.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “Oh I let my emotions get the best of me most...

Life can sometimes be a test of endurance babe (hug)(l)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

There are moments I let online people get to me and then I remember I'm an idiot for caring, and it stops.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

adjust your percentages

Freeranger Freeranger