Will you be talking politics with family during the Thanksgiving holiday?

Yes

ozzyboy

No

VicZincdoctorwho1011Piper2TiffaneeBudwickStarzAboveDandyDonGunbeachbumSofiaAdaWill_JanitorazlottoRoosterQuizzyCreamcrackeredHELLOwithSMILE

Other

Nobody :(

Piper2TiffaneeStarzAboveDandyDonAdaWill_JanitorprimeiroazlottoRoosterMetal_god14

Nope, not at all. I'll be on my best behavior at my lady friends house.

Rooster Rooster

No. We'll be having fun instead.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “No. We'll be having fun instead.

Agreed, why waste a good meal with family over political points of veiw😊

BarbOBarr BarbOBarr

No, I seldom speak of politics.

Quizzy Quizzy

Not a chance I want to enjoy my thanksgiving so no politics nothing ruins the holiday more than people arguing silly politics

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

No. Christmas and Thanksgiving are the two holidays we don't bring up unpleasant topics. I can't even say I'm thankful that none of my in-laws will be here this year.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

I rarely do it any other time, no need to do it on Thanksgiving.

DandyDon DandyDon

Rooster Rooster

No, we never discuss politics when the family gets together....that's why we all get along so well.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

We'll be talking football and taking naps. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

If I were spending it with some of my extended family, it would probably come up whether I wanted to talk about it, or not.

Piper2 Piper2

Lol, no... Great question.

I imagine the families that discuss politics at the dinner table suffer from indigestion.

azlotto azlotto

Most of our family are thankful that Clinton is not in office so we will discuss current events, news and politics but only lightly. The kids draw most of the discussion, work, etc. Politics is a very small part of the day even then we listen respectfully and then keep it moving into the next subject.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

Most likely politics will come up this Thanksgiving ONLY because my youngest sister is hosting Thanksgiving this year at her home... allowing her nutty SWJ husband (soon to be ex husband) for him to have a family Thanksgiving dinner with us all ONLY because of their kids and because she knows her soon to be ex-husband has no friends or family members in the state they live in. Where it's expected that he once again as a "tolerant" liberal will TRY to spew his politics/liberal ideology....where we all will once again just ignore him as usual lol!!!!
If any of you have watched the TV sitcom Last Man Standing, my sister's soon to be ex-husband IS that nutty liberal character on that show married to one his daughters lol!!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Most likely politics will come up this...

Last Man Standing is always on around here. Ryan is the liberal character you are taking about. "Former or ex" are the best words sometimes with these people.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “Last Man Standing is always on around here...

Last Man Standing re-runs are now played constantly on so many cable channels ever since it was cancelled by ABC.
My sister's far left loony "Ryan" husband (soon to be her ex-husband) was actually kind and nice during Thanksgiving dinner and didn't bring up politics...................UNTIL we all were leaving at the same time(SOBER) saying our goodbyes with hugs and thanking our sister for hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year...is when her soon to be ex-husband being DRUNK decided to try to school us all with his knowledge/facts about climate change as we were all leaving, telling us all that we were killing our planet because you people won't change your ways.
Eh we all just ignored his rant about climate change, as did our sister, KNOWING that she was still legally married to a far left NUT who was unfortunately the father of their 2 children.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Last Man Standing re-runs are now played...

I'm curious, and understand if I'm told that it's none of my business but, does the soon-to-be-ex know that he will soon be an ex?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I'm curious, and understand if I'm told that...

Yes he does know...but he wouldn't agree to the financials of a divorce settlement(as a dead beat liberal). My sister has always been the bread winner(making well over 6 figures) and he uses him as being the "stay at home dad" when their kids were babies as leverage over her. He was an AWFUL "stay at home dad" where my sister would/still comes home after a long day at work to a messy home and HIM actually still having the balls to ask HER what she is going to make for dinner.
She puts up with/tolerates him ONLY because she now knows being divorced from him with their kids only being 10 and 11 year olds living with him ALONE 1/2 the time would be far worse :(

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Yes he does know...but he wouldn't agree to...

What a horrible situation for all concerned. .....

I sure hope he doesn't meet with some horrible accident or suddenly be abducted by aliens!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “What a horrible situation for all...

My dad is 100% Sicilian.... having a lot of friends named funny names ala the movie Goodfellas when we were kids/teenagers, as well as being a Marine vet, so who knows ;) lol!!!

Eh even though my tough as nails dad is now old and not as tough as he use to be, her SWJ pansy/wimp of a husband is STILL intimidated by our elderly dad when he's around our dad... as well her pansy liberal minded husband ALWAYS being intimidated by my nice husband whenever he talks to my husband...because he knows my husband is a younger version of our dad, even though my husband didn't serve in our military as our dad did.

Gronk17 Gronk17

I hate alone, so no discussiin whatsoever. I did see some Grey's Anatomy episodes. It was fun.

Sofia Sofia