<b><em>WTF?</em></b>

Piper2GypsyGunSynysterGates
WTF?

Explained by Bozette...

Senator McCain tore his right Achilles tendon earlier this month and has worn a walking boot for over two weeks. Today he posted a picture of himself on Twitter...wearing the boot on his left foot.

lol, photos often transpose themselves to a mirror image. Most often an easy way to see it is if there is some writing in the photo. It will appear the right way if you hold a mirror up to it.

AliceD AliceD

American politics is a raw game. Even your tendons aren't safe anymore.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “American politics is a raw game. Even your...

I think he also had cancer or still has, I dont know

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I think he also had cancer or still has, I...

That would cause him to wear a boot on his left foot for a tear to his right Achilles tendon...how?

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “That would cause him to wear a boot on his...

They're not related, I don't remember what type of cancer he has, I just remember that there was a post about it here not too long ago.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “They're not related, I don't remember what...

Brain cancer. While that possibly could actually cause him to put the boot on the wrong foot, I don't believe his wife would let that pass. Not to mention that if the cancer were causing things like that, he should retire.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “Brain cancer. While that possibly could...

I didn't even look at that, you're right. Even if he wasn't in check enough to notice his wife should have.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I didn't even look at that, you're right...

His explanation is posted below...

Bozette Bozette OP

AliceD AliceD

In response to “lol, photos often transpose themselves to a...

Although it has been a great source of some great conspiracy theories, been there, done that :)

AliceD AliceD

There's no writing in the picture McCain posted, which would be the one that would have to be transposed as it is the only one where he is shown with it on his left foot and his injury was indeed to his right tendon. And unless you're claiming that a transposed picture only transposes a single small portion of the photo, i.e. only his feet, that explanation doesn't work...there's no wedding ring on the right hand, nor are the shirt buttons reversed in that picture.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “There's no writing in the picture McCain...

Cool, I have not seen said picture, was just offering a solution based on previous experience, although, the other markers that you point out suggest my reasoning is flawed. AS you were :)

AliceD AliceD

In response to “Cool, I have not seen said picture, was just...

Ha, I just saw the picture then, in the post, DUH!

AliceD AliceD

In response to “Ha, I just saw the picture then, in the post, DUH!

HA!

His explanation is posted below...

Bozette Bozette OP

I don't think either picture is transposed. The one of him sitting has a boutonniere on his left lapel and the shirt buttons are on the right through left buttonholes. This is correct positioning. The picture of him standing again have the buttons of his jacket on the right - correct position. So it appears the only 'transposing' being done is by John and his 'boot.'

Seonag Seonag

You are correct. Something is amiss. I enlarged the image and checked which side of the coat had buttons (right image, in case it had been flipped), and the buttons are on the correct side. Image on left shows flower on left lapel, again, appropriate placement.

Gun Gun

In response to “You are correct. Something is amiss. I...

It is very strange. (hmm)

Bozette Bozette OP

His explanation is posted below...

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “His explanation is posted below...

Sounds like bs

Gun Gun

In response to “Sounds like bs

That seems to be the general consensus across the net from what I've seen. (scn)

Bozette Bozette OP

Yeah, I don't see how you explain away this one. Even the MSM picked up on it. It's bizarre and I'd be interested to see the explanation.

Thibault Thibault

In response to “Yeah, I don't see how you explain away this...

It is posted below.

Bozette Bozette OP

How odd. I can't imagine why he'd fib about the torn tendon, and aside from the episode during the Comey Senate hearing in June, he doesn't seem 'confused'.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “How odd. I can't imagine why he'd fib about...

He did seem off during the Comey hearing. I posted his explanation below.

Bozette Bozette OP

His explanation:

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “His...

Well, that sure clears up this bootgate "issue"! (biggrin)

Actually, my good leg has felt overworked when the other one was out of commission for months. Putting the brace on the other leg was never an option....

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Well, that sure clears up this...

Uh-huh...(hmm)

I've experienced that, too, but as you said...swapping sides was never an option, nor is it even sensical (yeah, yeah, I know it's not a word). JMO

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “Uh-huh...(hmm) I've experienced that, too...

I think it was sort of a nonsensical "explanation", too. It sounds like more of a joke to me, that tweet.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I think it was sort of a nonsensical...

The humor escapes me. I suspect it may McCain, as well, considering that despite his "explanation" tweet, I saw little "support & best wishes" extended him in response to the initial tweet.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “The humor escapes me. I suspect it may...

I wouldn't know about any best wishes sort of tweets the Senator may have received. Considering his brain cancer and his daughter's wedding and all, I figure he probably did get plenty that weren't focused on the boot on the 'wrong' leg thing.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I wouldn't know about any best wishes sort...

Your lack of experience with Twitter is obvious. 😂

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “Your lack of experience with Twitter is...

Yes, I do not 'tweet'. I did explore further the Twitter responses to his latest Twitter posts , and the downright hatred displayed in many of them is glaringly obvious.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Yes, I do not 'tweet'. I did explore further...

I began watching it on election night last November and periodically still take a look-see. The site exudes hatred from many on both sides. It also largely functions as side-by-side echo chambers. 'Twould make a good study project for mental health research.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “I began watching it on election night last...

I can imagine. Sounds like what I often see, on most every site I visit that allows comments.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I can imagine. Sounds like what I often see...

Yes and no. Twitter, simply because of the nature of the platform and how it has (d)evolved since its inception, has the same type of partisanship and vitriol as other sites...but on steroids. After the purge is complete it will lose much of its entertainment value, though.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “Yes and no. Twitter, simply because of the...

That was supposed to be a "d" in parentheses in front of "evolved".

Bozette Bozette OP

OK, is anyone buying the explanation? The remedy for "overcompensation" is usually therapy. Hmmmmmm....?

ozzyboy ozzyboy

That photo was posted all over Instagram with people questioning it as well....I only just read McCain's response now on this thread thanks to Bozette posting it :) and it was a lame excuse as to his reason why his boot was now on his good leg??? For me, it doesn't make sense for an elderly man to put pressure on their still healing injured/bad leg just because their good leg was sore for over compensating because of the boot being on their injured leg....Amirite???

Ya know, for all we know because of his brain cancer along with his treatments, his mind may be loopy where HE feels and thinks that he needs to do this, even if AGAINST his doctors orders...where his family is allowing him to do this as an elderly man only because they know he doesn't have much time left(just a guess).
I know when my elderly mom was dying having stage 4 cancer and going through chemo she became a very different person...loopy and stubborn, so because we all knew she was going to die within a year even having chemo we just let her be her.

We really do need term limits in our country.
I LOVE, RESPECT and ADORE my Marine veteran dad who was like SUPERMAN to me my entire life, who raised his daughters to all be strong, independent confident women....but lately my elderly dad(79) because of taking many meds for his many medical issues as an elderly veteran, does make some OUT THERE comments, now that he's on so many meds...where I would never want my dad's mind NOW to ever be in charge of making any decisions for our country.
Yet because of no term limits in our country for our Congress, Senate or the SCOTUS, we as a Republic have too many elderly people my dad's age and OLDER on BOTH SIDES being in those POWERFUL positions making vital decisions for our country.

Just MY OPINION as always.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “That photo was posted all over Instagram with...

Agreed on all points.

Bozette Bozette OP

My best guess was that someone flipped the picture horizontal... because it looks much better to our eyes with the light on the left and the darkness on the right, due to the direction we read.

While it's the same picture either way, lighting directions/angles can have a big difference in first reactions to eye movement.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “My best guess was that someone flipped the...

Have you been into the eggnog?

Bozette Bozette OP

Zolf, the picture wasn't reversed. McCain himself said he put the boot on his left leg because it was doing "extra work." It doesn't make a lot of sense to then make his injured leg do more work. If anything, maybe he should have worn two boots.

I suspect he just forgot his left from his right when he put it on for the picture.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Zolf, the picture wasn't reversed. McCain...

Thank you for answering nicely and explaining instead of just attacking someone else view point.

Zolfie Zolfie

Did he put his foot in his mouth again?

hootowl hootowl

I think maybe McCain has been in the egg nog!! ROFLMAO!!!

Gypsy Gypsy

In response to “I think maybe McCain has been in the egg...

HA HA HA! Could be.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “HA HA HA! Could be.

I have to say that this post of yours was most entertaining...You ****, controlling, attacker!! ROFLMFAO!!! (maniac)

Gypsy Gypsy

In response to “I have to say that this post of yours was...

See how I am?! BWAAAHAAHA!!!

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “See how I am?! //**BWAAAHAAHA!!! **//

OH!! I know how you are! Lol!! (biggrin)

Gypsy Gypsy

In response to “(biggrin)

I am going to bug off YOUR post now (wink)

Gypsy Gypsy

In response to “I am going to bug off YOUR post now (wink)

'Night, Gypsy. :)

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “'Night, Gypsy. :)

Check your PM in a bit, I have a question.

Gypsy Gypsy