Do you know the percentage that Online Trolls want to wind you up ? (if it's as high as mine was once , then maybe it's time for a re-think for your own Peace of Mind)

this much ..........

Lil_PrincessDandyDonAdaergoproxySunny_the_skepticSynysterGates

VicZincLil_PrincessPiper2TiffaneeDandyDonOzSurferAdaCarlaSynysterGatesMetal_god14

Explained by Darkest_Serenity...

I've been attacked by Trolls so many times over the years that I actually thought "screw this I'll become a mod , then I have some control over these idiots trying to ruin my fun" It's not the only reason , I like looking after People (don't know why , just do and always have since I was Knee high to a Grass hopper) Seeing friends getting attacked day in day out by anonymous Trolls was the last straw , I either left or tried to make a difference on this amazing site we found after SH kicked us to the kerb. I learned that if I gave them my constant attention , they fed off my Anger and would find more and more inventive ways to try and Crush me. I've noticed over time that when I ignore these idiots they don't really bother me. Admittedly occasionally I will Bite *catch me on a Bad day and I'll devour a Troll* yum! lolz

They'll get a migraine headache trying to wind me up.

Trolls... or whatever name they go by..

DandyDon DandyDon

I remember getting upset years ago. Now I just ignore them. There are only about three left here that try to get my goat and I only respond to them when they are being civil or if I happen to agree with their comment. Other than that I turn a blind eye.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “I remember getting upset years ago. Now I...

Good idea. For all we know they could be Russians living in St. Petersburgh... sowing seeds of division and mistrust. (smile)

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

I do my best to ignore them but after a while? They bug the hell out of me. Pretty easy to spot them but what are you going to do?

Rooster Rooster

Yesterday in world of warcraft there was some troll that was just spamming in the general chat, putting baits to anger people so he knows who to insult and argue with, nitpicking words searching what to ridicule. Best cure, ignore the little nolifer so he gets bored and leaves.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

When I first came to the world of social media I was warned about stuff and sadly I got to experience every bit of it since 2014 (omg). I have had trolls, psycho stalkers, death threats, and everything else under the sun. I almost let one get the best of me in 2015. Not going to lie, I got to the point where ending my own life sounded far better than what I was experiencing. I started believing all their lies. I do my best to ignore them today but I know its hard to do sometimes.

I know I used to let the "Disagree Bandit", piss me off but not anymore. If they are coming to my post that means they are thinking of me (wink)

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “When I first came to the world of social...

The best way to deal with the disagree bandit is to use no voting options at all. Stops them dead in their tracks and probably irritates the hell of them because they can't do nothing.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “The best way to deal with the disagree bandit...

See I did that once and then I thought, why am I changing me because this **** can't stop pressing buttons.

So far he has been leaving me alone...I think he found someone new to bother once i made it clear it doesn't bother me at all.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “See I did that once and then I thought, why...

That is good too. I guess I really don't care about the voting on here. I think it is largely a waste of time but I know some people do like the voting.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “That is good too. I guess I really don't care...

At some point the troll will get bored and move on once they realize that the world doesn't revolve around them.

I personally like voting options but I know that some don't and I respect that.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

I think a lot of people get confused about the words troll. It's someone that continuously follows people on various posts and comments. They try to get under your skin, piss you off, and try to get you wound up.

I don't see that many on here.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I think a lot of people get confused about...

Thanks man. The term "troll" is very nebulous to me.

If that's the definition, then I haven't seen much of that at all.. though it's possible I'm like Mr. Magoo in this regard.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Trolls... or whatever name they go by..

DandyDon DandyDon

When there is a serious discussion, and someone tries to negatively influence it, in a sneaky, ugly way...yes, it pisses me off.
But then, im not a seasoned web traveler

Carla Carla

Considering ALL the sites that I am on I would say 10%. The other 90% are just amateurs but they try hard.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I don't understand anything that is being said here. Maybe that's the answer. (smile)

HELLOwithSMILE HELLOwithSMILE

I had a dream that I came home to find all the people I’ve blocked sitting in my living room, watching Jerry Springer.....(no)

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Appropriate

Till this site starts to care about its users it will always be a playground for trolls or whatever you want to call the nasty people on here.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

They get little attention from me love and I gotta say on this site trolls seem to be removed so fast I never even get chance to see them. Keep up the good work. 乂º◡^乂

Ada Ada

In response to “Really?

Yes, I mean when I joined this site it was a complete war-zone and now things are more stable in my opinion.

As for how fast things are tidied, now I know I'm in a different time-zone but it's rare see anyone or anything that later gets removed these days Tiff. 乂º◡º乂

Ada Ada

I never really know who a troll is. If it's a post that riles folks up I avoid it.

BarbOBarr BarbOBarr

Me personally, a small percentage. Anyone who posts anything provocative seems to be considered a "troll" by some people, unless they agree with what is posted.
I do not think controversial posts are bad for the site, or that anyone should be banned just because certain people dislike them and what they say.

Piper2 Piper2

I have been banned off so many sites for being a troll. But I am the same person on this site and no one has banned me yet.

AliceD AliceD