👺 What some people fail to understand is that you can’t understand all people...but sadly this lack of understanding manifests itself in prejudice, labeling and branding. <em>amirite?</em>  👺

Tiffanee

Nobody :)

PhilboydStudgeLil_PrincessPiper2TiffaneeDandyDonC_ZAR1SofiaWill_JanitorMashaMarianneprimeiroBlewynanifailCarlaRoosterMetal_god14
👺 What some people fail to understand is that you can’t understand all people...but sadly this lack of understanding manifests itself in prejudice, labeling and branding. amirite? 👺

I don't even want to understand some people. :)

(maniac)(maniac)(maniac)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Yes, I believe that you are. I would go into it further when I get a chance :)

AliceD AliceD

Yes, I believe you are right also! You just can't understand everyone!

Rooster Rooster

It would be nice if we could...

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “It would be nice if we could...

Interestingly I have never found that it is a prerequisite for getting along with people although :)

AliceD AliceD

In response to “Interestingly I have never found that it is a...

No it isn't necessary. (smile)

DandyDon DandyDon

I guess the problem most people have is it is easier to judge someone than to try and understand them.

Tiffanee Tiffanee OP

(maniac)(maniac)(maniac)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5a1888c8d43...

I sift through a lot of negative information, some of which comes from personal conversations, other areas from professional sources. Much of the information I deal with is saddening, tragic, and some sure to be life-lasting. I dislike giving up on people who need others' company because, for them, it's hard to find, but it does overwhelm me and I do need to set them on the back burner for my own sanity, though I wouldn't label these people "toxic" - they're simply "in need".

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

I agree that it's impossible to understand all people. In fact, I'm not sure I understand a single one of them.

However, just understanding that other people are people too should be enough to eliminate one's prejudices. For instance, I don't understand transgender people at all. Not one bit. Still, I assume they're people with feelings and emotions similar to mine. Why would I want to make their lives any more difficult than they may already be? It doesn't make sense to me.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “I agree that it's impossible to understand...

Well put and very fair minded ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

I like most people and take everyone as they come...I reply to people's comments without always understanding them...I bluff....hehe

JD JD

Oh if there is one thing that really burns my bacon is judging, branding, and labeling of anyone. I have it happen to me all the time and it pisses me off but I never say word. I have had several people correct me because I say "ain't","ya" and a dozen other southern words which are terms used by uneducated people as some people seem to think.

Well I look at it this way, if ya do like the way I talk you ain't gotta be friends with me. (biggrin). I graduated within a hair of getting a 4.0 in college and I have a actual tested IQ on the gifted level so I ain't a stupid redneck as some choose to label me, I just choose not to be the **** that shows it off.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess