Artificial  place for unwanted babes to grow.  This looks to be a great way to  reduce abortions, let the babes be adopted by loving parents.

Wow- wonderful

TiffaneeRooster

Yow not a good idea.

Trish

Your own opinion here

DW2Sunny_the_skepticWalt_OReagunezhil

Other

BozetteGun

BozetteRooster
Artificial place for unwanted babes to grow. This looks to be a great way to reduce abortions, let the babes be adopted by loving parents.

Explained by LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred...

Artificial womb. Great Idea. Take those unwanted babes from an abortion and let them be adopted by loving parents. This link talks about lambs but wow a place for those that are not wanted to grow. https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/25/15421734/artificial-womb-fetus-biobag-uterus-lamb-sheep-birth-premie-preterm-infant

I wonder if they could cryogenicly (?) freeze them for later generations?

AliceD AliceD

AliceD AliceD

In response to “I wonder if they could cryogenicly (?) freeze...

Yeah, cuz that's what we do to people, Amirite?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Yeah, cuz that's what we do to people, Amirite?

Probably more humane than some of the other things people have been subjected to over history.

I wonder if you could make a spaceship to carry these cryobabies, jettison it out into space, wonder what may happen to it.........

Yeah, look to be honest I have a complex thought about the whole thing that I can't be bothered writing up :)

AliceD AliceD

In response to “Probably more humane than some of the other...

Well, we sure appreciate you taking the time to share the less complex, half baked idea of freezing our unborn children and blasting them off the planet.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Well, we sure appreciate you taking the time...

No problems, I can come up with half arsed ideas with the best of them, these days I don't even have to be under any influence.

AliceD AliceD

Why not but why do it at all, way too many humans to worry about them.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred OP

In response to “Why not but why do it at all, way too many...

Yes, true, for now. Maybe it will not always be like that?

AliceD AliceD

In response to “Yes, true, for now. Maybe it will not always...

Alice I hope their will be fewer humans so the earth can heal and the animals can replenish. I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Or just people should use contraceptives and condoms.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Or just people should use contraceptives and...

In a world of perfect people yes, but many have no clue how to do anything responsible.

It has no mothers heartbeat or voice. Babies first bond happens in the womb.

Creamcrackered Creamcrackered

In response to “It has no mothers heartbeat or voice. Babies...

Yes but better than being aborted torn apart then thrown away, I imagine there will be people around watching and caring for them, and if it is done often they will learn to provide all that is needed. .

In response to “Yes but better than being aborted torn apart...

Lorraine, I think your heart is in the right place - for that I applaud you.

But, I don't think the solution to abortion is raising children in a jar. It feels like it's something to placate the pro-lifers.

Take the bold steps Lorraine. Hold people accountable for their actions. At least PAY for your own abortions. That should reduce numbers dramatically right there!

Let's make abortion disagreeable again. You know, so people aren't so willing to have their babies killed. Let's make abortion something that society frowns upon.

Let's make it easier and less expensive for kids to get adopted too!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Lorraine, I think your heart is in the right...

Budwick you make some good points. As I think about this more, I almost think there are too many humans so why save any.

In response to “Budwick you make some good points. As I think...

Are you doing a 180 to make a bad joke?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Are you doing a 180 to make a bad joke?

Nope Bud, I don't do jokes serious person I am.

In response to “Nope Bud, I don't do jokes serious person I am.

That's a rather dramatic change of heart over a 24 hour period.

Budwick Budwick

Easily solved with recordings.
Just as many mothers do currently, anyway.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

I think better s €x education and free contraception would be better. When you start with artificial wombs you are venturing into the world of Aldous Huxley A Brave New World. Also the elite would want to control population growth, eugenics have always been an obsession with them and the fear of the uncivilised classes overbreeding, they always held on to the belief that war, disease, and poverty would keep this in check, now abortion does a similar thing, do you really think they want to put all unwanted babies in an artificial machine to avoid abortion? Or cure all cancer and disease when eugenics has always been on the agenda?

Creamcrackered Creamcrackered

OK the uncivilised classes are constantly overbreeding. Few Doctors lawyers or professional people are having families now - only the welfare bums can afford kids these days.

Didn't they do that on "Man Of Steel"?

Gun Gun

In response to “Didn't they do that on "Man Of Steel"?

Superman? What is up with that comic today some news program was talking about using crystals to time travel like in superman. OH it was ancient aliens, no wonder.

In response to “Superman? What is up with that comic today...

Actually I was referring to a film (which added details which were never included in the comic)

Gun Gun

In response to “Actually I was referring to a film (which...

OIC I don't follow the comics or movies. but my initials ate LL people have told me that is something recurring in the suermanstory. Stay warm and happy today!(pce)

In response to “OIC I don't follow the comics or movies...

Yes, the LL refers to the lack of imagination of the creators/writers.
Lex Luthor
Lana Lang
Lois Lane

Gun Gun

In response to “Yes, the LL refers to the lack of imagination...

HaHa - Maybe it was important to the creators somehow.

In response to “HaHa - Maybe it was important to the...

Double initials play a part in most comics.
Peter Parker
Sue Storm
Bruce Banner

Gun Gun

I understand and agree with your wish to see babies saved, though I do see some issues with that method. The embryos/fetuses would still have to be surgically removed from the mother, which would undoubtedly involve a much more invasive surgery and I'm not sure that many who choose abortion would be receptive to such, even could it be made viable for early-term pregnancies. Beyond that, we know babies who do not receive human touch and interaction regularly are prone to emotional, behavioral, social, and even physical problems, I can only imagine this would become even more pronounced without the constant contact of mother and child during gestation.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I understand and agree with your wish to see...

OK Boz - we will see - if this ever comes to be. (pce)

As far as invasive surgery. If that is all they can do to be rid of the baby they will have to submit to surgery or have the baby. I believe in freedom of choice, but there are too many clueless people who don't pay any attention. Perhaps if the baby is saved dna tested and child support taken from both parents until an adoption. to the government for unwanted babes these fools will pay more attention.

In response to “As far as invasive surgery. If that is...

I imagine surgery to abort is far less invasive than a surgical removal of an embryo/fetus with the intention of keeping it alive would necessitate, Lorraine.

Bozette Bozette

Maybe. But first show me an anti-abortion group who is going to put up the money.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “Maybe. But first show me an anti-abortion...

At least you can say pay up or shut up.

Could be wonderful or horrifying. Given The way humans actually work. I’d bet on the latter.

DW2 DW2