PhilboydStudgeVicZincGypsyStickCaveman

TiffaneeBudwickCarlaJustJimColoGunDandyDonLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredBTATomboyJanetTrishWalt_OReagun

PhilboydStudgeGypsyCarla
I will not give one penny to help animals. Until every child is fed, until everyone has unfettered access to news and education, until no mother needs to worry about her sons and daughters fighting in wars or for their own survival on the streets of our cities, my charity will always go to help humans not animals.

That's a whole lotta "untils" there, for sure. Ah well...I'm just grateful that many people don't have an all or nothing attitude like that. Not just about charity for animals, but other things, as well.

I'm also grateful, that many people have enough caring and compassion for other beings, to extend it to both human and non-animals.

Piper2 Piper2

Your money, your choice.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Your money, your choice.

That's the beauty of Amirite. We can have very different opinions and I can still respect that yours is a valid and heartfelt opinion.

Disagreements are OK!

VicZinc VicZinc OP

Do you feel better now Vic?
I mean now that everyone assumes that you give to charity and all.
Oh wait, that's not really what you said. It was more like when all these impossible circumstances happen - then you might give a penny to help animals.

Thanks for helping me sort that out.

For everyone else you can help animals here
https://secure.humanesociety.or...BoCgyAQAvD_BwE

Budwick Budwick

What's the matter Vic? Someone pee in your Cheerios this morning?

Budwick Budwick

Alright. I'm still gonna help cats though.

Thibault Thibault

I can understand that sentiment. My wife is a veterinarian though. Our charity to animals goes through her vet practice. It's local, free food that has passed the expiration date, an occasional injured animal fixed up for free and such. People come first.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “I can understand that sentiment. My wife is...

Agreed. People always come first.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Piper2 Piper2

You are a rogue Vic ....people do what they think is best, but usually keep it to themselves....

JD JD

Just because humans are supposedly "superior" doesn't mean the other animals that inhabit the earth are no less in need of help some are critically endangered and could disappear forever probably because of man's need to interfere in the natural balance of the world

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

In response to “Just because humans are supposedly...

Exactly. My reply is one of the last ones.

I honestly don't know how anyone can think that MAN will continue to survive, if we keep killing off other species.

dru18 dru18

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5a1dd6601a0...

Are you planning on becoming a vegetarian? Unfortunately animals are raised for our food supply, others provide a host of things for us, such as comfort and unconditional love. We must provide for our four legged friends. I my opinion, is to enjoy all the joys these furry friends provide.

BarbOBarr BarbOBarr

I agree with this. It's a value I learned a long time ago. I love many animals, but not one of them is more valuable than a human life. If there is a fire in the house, get the people out.. but don't ever go back in to get your pet.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “I agree with this. It's a value I learned a...

I'm going in to get the dog right after I get the respirator from the shed. Fire extinguishers inside the entry doors will help. The cats are out of luck.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “I'm going in to get the dog right after I get...

I respect that.. and applaud your sentiments towards the cats. (smile)

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Speak for yourself. My pets are my family.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Speak for yourself. My pets are my family.

I assure you that that was my intent.

After re-reading what I wrote that last sentence does seem like a command, but that is what my parents taught me, and that is what I taught my daughters.

Sorry for the confusion.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Yes I'd rescue any animal if I could just because it isn't human being doesn't mean its life is less valuable all animals deserve to live that was instilled in me by my parents and I adhere to that today all life is sacred and precious animals are amazing versatile wonderful creatures

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

In response to “Yes I'd rescue any animal if I could just...

I respect that. To each his own.

I find what you wrote interesting because my parents instilled the exact opposite in me. That's not to say that they were pro-cruelty to animals. It's that, if a push ever comes a shove, we were told to always favor a human life over an animals.

And my parents were huge dog people. After the aforementioned German Sheppard they switched to Black Labs. We often had two and three Labs at a time, had a couple litters of pups, and so on.

Side story: My wife is dead-set against dogs. I knew this before we were married and begrudgingly accept it. However, when my daughters were very young I taught them a little trick. When I asked them, "when can we have a dog" they responded enthusiastically "when mom dies.. yay"!
(biggrin)

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

No, we should if at all possible, save any living creature that we can.

Who is to say that MAN is more important than any other living creature. Who wrote that rule?

dru18 dru18

In response to “No, we should if at all possible, save any...

Who is to say? You and I. If a loved one's life could be saved by taking the life of an animal, would you not do it? And would you say that a mosquito's life just as valuable as that of a human?

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Who is to say? You and I. If a loved one's...

I don't think we are talking mosquitoes here. But a environmentalist might actually say yes, because we are all part of a chain, and if one link is broken, the whole chain suffers.

dru18 dru18

And I will help animals over humans any day of the week.

And so what? You can donate your money anywhere you like.

Gun Gun

In response to “And I will help animals over humans any day...

Gun I love/adore my 2 dogs and all animals...my husband and I treat our 2 dogs like our "babies"...however I would definitely help out a human being in danger FIRST over helping an animal being in danger at the same time.

If you meant financially helping in the aid of animals over financially helping the people who are abusing/taking advantage our country's welfare system THAT I can relate to.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Gun I love/adore my 2 dogs and all...

Being totally honest, it would depend who the person in danger was.

Gun Gun

In response to “Being totally honest, it would depend who the...

Well yeah if the person was let's say a Charles Manson type of person, I too would definitely opt to save the animal over someone like that ....However, if I happened to come upon a person who I didn't know AT ALL being in imminent danger at the same time as an animal being in imminent danger, my gut instinct would be to save that person instead of the animal.

My guess... is that you being a good guy on this website, would also do the same as I would under the same circumstances :)

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Well yeah if the person was let's say a...

I would probably attempt to save both.

Gun Gun

In response to “I would probably attempt to save both.

Oh come on let's be real.... there's not a doubt in my mind that you would save a HUMAN child being in distress over saving an animal being in distress AT THE SAME TIME,, and you know it :)

Gronk17 Gronk17

"If you meant financially helping in the aid of animals over financially helping the people who are abusing/taking advantage our country's welfare system THAT I can relate to."

Leave it to you to make this about politics.

dru18 dru18

In response to “"If you meant financially helping in the...

Oh please dru18...those of you on the left know damn well that your leaders on the far left always ENCOURAGE your ignorant base to never let any tragedy go to waste IF it will further YOUR party's agenda.

Look pal, you headline reading POLTICALLY IGNORANT people on the left who are all celebrating/high fiving each other over Flynn pleading guilty....once AGAIN have been duped by our msm because they know you all have NO CLUE whatsoever about all the FACTS.... and know that you politically IGNORANT people will believe whatever they report to you all...thus having all of you deadbeats rioting/looting in the streets.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh please dru18...those of you on the left...

LMAO!!

Now we have gone from saving animals to Flynn? Only you.

You remind me of Mike56. Are you sure you aren't him?

dru18 dru18

In response to “LMAO!! Now we have gone from saving animals...

I remember Mich56 from conversing with him on SH, and even though he and I disagreed A LOT on political issues back then, he was always respectful and a good guy on that website...so no I'm NOT him, HELLO my avatar is an actual real picture of ME(Gronk17) that was taken of me while on the beach with my kids this past summer.

So anyways, yeah it's only a matter of days now(AGAIN according to you libs) that President Trump will either be Impeached or forced to resign so Hillary Clinton can become our President lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “I remember Mich56 from conversing with him on...

Mike56, not Mich54!!! Mike was a hard core conservative so he would have definitely agreed with you. Mich was a liberal.

Photos don't say anything when it comes to the internet.

I didn't say he would be impeached or resign. That dirty old man is going to have to be hauled out of there, kicking and screaming.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Mike56, not Mich54!!! Mike was a hard core...

I was unaware that there was a conservative minded Mike56 on SH, or that they were on this OPINION website. I as a fiscal conservative had never ever conversed with a Mike56 while on SH for 6 years OR have ever conversed with a Mike56 on Amirite...can you screen shot me some of this Mike56 posts that they made on this website??

Eh you know damn well that it's sooooo easy to check if someone has posted a fake or real picture of themselves as their avatar...mine is an actual real picture taken of ME while on the beach, whereas the avatar you chose to represent yourself on this opinion website is of an animal.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “I was unaware that there was a conservative...

I can't find Mike. When SH rudely crashed on us, there were a lot of people who were lost. Mike was one of them.

He was from Russia, lived in the states, and was good friends with 'dublin'. And they both were good friends of mine.

I beg your pardon. It is not just any animal, it is of a white tiger, who looks quite dapper in his tie and eyeglasses. :)

It was "white panther's" avatar (another conservative), and I augmented it a little.

dru18 dru18

I find animals more palatable than most humans.

AliceD AliceD

Wether you help animals or not..
All those things you've mentioned, will never happen for *Everyone*.

That's just the plain reality of it..

Helping some, is better than helping none.. no matter what choice you make..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “Wether you help animals or not.. All those...

I think another thing to consider is that there are so many things we could help with, fucktonnes of causes. For me, I have chosen a few that I can support passionately, rather than spreading myself thin. Others can take those fights up.

It means that there is a fair contradictory nature to me, but I am ok with that :)

AliceD AliceD

In response to “I think another thing to consider is that...

Not many people can give to everything..

But if everyone can give a little, it all adds up (smile)

DandyDon DandyDon

Animals and children have no way to help themselves.While Most humans are too lazy to help themselves.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Vic, so basically what you're telling us all with this post of yours..is that you (being such a compassionate person), can not in good conscience give any money towards helping animals UNTIL the day when the world is PERFECT.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA how ASININE you sound???? smh.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Vic, so basically what you're telling us all...

Certainly.

About as insane a someone who leaves a $million to a cat while children are starving.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Certainly. About as insane a someone who...

Vic when one works their a s s off their entire life to make their money living in a FREE country, it's THEIR CHOICE as to where THEY CHOOSE their money should go to after they pass on ...NOT where YOU or any GOVERNMENT "feels" their money should go to after they pass on! Who are YOU or the US Government to tell WE THE PEOPLE where are hard earned money should go to after we pass on?????

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Vic when one works their a s s off their...

I couldn't agree more. I don't tell people where to send there money. I simply choose where to send my own.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “I couldn't agree more. I don't tell people...

So I'm assuming you agree with me about eliminating the Death Tax? I mean come on, how asinine is THAT tax where our government is actually allowed to TAX you AGAIN after you die IF you've made too much money when you were alive being a productive tax paying member of our society???

Now that you know that portions of your taxed income have IN FACT gone to paying off the victims who were sexual assaulted/sexually harassed by these perv politicians in DC... doesn't knowing that FACT give you pause to really, really think about WHY our Dem and Rino politicians keep on keep on wanting to raise our taxes and are against tax cuts?

President Trump as a successful businessman wanting to drain the swamp/sewer of the WASTE in DC must be pulling his hair out in frustration while trying to deal with these dumb as a stump/ nit wit lifer dem and rino politicians who have absolutely NO CLUE whatsoever on how economics work in a Republic/Capitalist country because they've all gotten use to being wealthy Kings and Queens as LIFER POLTICIANS by constantly pandering(lying) to the poor and needy in our country with their BS of how if you elect them they will get you and your family out of poverty with their GOVERNMENT programs...knowing damn well they just want to keep those people on the Government's plantation to keep getting their votes to keep themselves in POWER as "caring" politicians while they live like KINGS AND QUEENS.

Vic, look at all the major cities in our country in debt and over run with gangs...they're all run by Democrats/Liberals...where there is only 2 classes in those Democrat run cities, the liberal wealthy elite living in their own elite sections of those cities in their GAURDED 10 million dollar apartments(caring about the poor and needy??) and then the poor in those Democrat run cities who are either living in their Government housing projects in the bad section of those cities OR being homeless living on the streets in the bad sections of those Democrat run cities....whereas there is NO Middle Class at all in those city's run by Democrats.

Gronk17 Gronk17

It's your choice of course and I think it's unfair for anyone to be upset with you for what you choose to be charitable with, however you do realize you just caused a negative reaction from the people towards yourself for basically no reason.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “It's your choice of course and I think it's...

yep. Well not toward me, toward my opinion.

And, there was a reason.

This place has been dead as heck for the last week. I wanted to bring out the big guns.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “yep. Well not toward me, toward my opinion...

No wonder, this site needs some advertising most of the world doesn't even know about this, while people are using other sites the same way that werent made for opinions

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Yesterday was the first time ever I didn't have a single notification when I signed in. Not a good sign at all.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Who or what, if anyone/thing, you choose to support with your after-tax time and/or money is entirely up to you. You do indeed pay to help animals, however, through your tax dollars.

Bozette Bozette

Same here I've noticed not getting many notifications either

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

Despicable.

BTA BTA

My animals have done more for me than most humans.
So...my choice is to help the four legged beings.

Carla Carla

In response to “My animals have done more for me than most...

No kidding, and they are one of the most vulnerable groups out there.

dru18 dru18

Wow, that is some messed up reasoning, and I am surprised it is coming from you, Vic.

Every species needs the other to be able to survive. You keep throwing one specie after another off the cliff and we will see just how long humans thrive.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Wow, that is some messed up reasoning, and I...

That would be some experiment. I just don't think we will be running out of dogs and cats anytime soon.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “That would be some experiment. I just don't...

First of all you didn't specify.

And secondly your reply lacks in moral judgement, which is rare for you.

We should ignore the sufferings of two animals that we domesticated thousands of years ago?

We have tamed those animals to the point that they rarely can survive without us,(without them asking us to) so we OWE them.

dru18 dru18

In response to “First of all you didn't specify. And...

We should prioritize the suffering of humans above other species, yes.

When humans are not suffering we can then relieve the suffering of nonhumans.

That is how I feel. I don't see that as immoral. I see people who help animals while turning a blind eye to human suffering as immoral.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “We should prioritize the suffering of humans...

Actually, there have been studies done on that last part. And they have found out that people who feel for animals, are more likely to help other people.

It's called having compassion for any living creature.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Actually, there have been studies done on...

Well then those people are not turning a blind eye. I am aware of some people (some on this thread even) who do care more about animals than they do about people.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Well then those people are not turning a...

Probably because companion animals give unconditional love. Humans don't.

And wild animals ask very little of us, except to be left alone.

dru18 dru18

Why cant we do both?

Carla Carla

In response to “Why cant we do both?

You can. I choose people over animals, your priorities may be different. I won't judge you.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “You can. I choose people over animals, your...

Nor i you, vic.:)
Any help is good help.

Carla Carla

Both are very worthy causes. It's up to you as to what you want to donate your money to. Any help to any charity is a good thing.

Gypsy Gypsy

I am disgusted

Trish Trish

In response to “I am disgusted

About kicking animals to the curb?

Yeah, I am a little dismayed as well.

dru18 dru18

Animals have no (or VERY little) control over their environment - unlike humans. Most of the people who are starving or without medical care or education - it is due to another person's greed. Usually their government. So giving more money to their cause won't really help them, because their corrupt government gets the money rather than the people it would help.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun