Just now, for the first time ever, I 'liked' and retweeted @realDonaldTrump.  Credit where credit is due.  This was the first tweet I have read from POTUS that made me proud of him.  I hope it is not the last.

• Topics:LawCivil Rights
  • Featured on the home page on Dec 4th 2017
  • Post Of The Day on Dec 6th 2017

VicZincOzSurferPhilboydStudgeThibault

Tiffanee

PhilboydStudgePiper2JDTiffaneeOzSurferMarianneMazeZonkeyBallsRoosterDar
Just now, for the first time ever, I 'liked' and retweeted @realDonaldTrump. Credit where credit is due. This was the first tweet I have read from POTUS that made me proud of him. I hope it is not the last.

I think it's real nice, that this president got through a whole tweet, ceremony, or any public uttering, without dissing someone or bragging about his own 'accomplishments'. (clap)

Piper2 Piper2

Means very little coming from Trump. I will give him points for trying though.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Means very little coming from Trump. I will...

Got to give him 1 thumbs up. It's been over a year since the election and it is the first decent thing he has said in all that time.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Got to give him 1 thumbs up. It's been over...

That is true but that makes me even more suspicious of his motives.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “That is true but that makes me even more...

Exactly what I was thinking tiff - wonder why or who is he trying to impress and why?

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

I wish he was sincere, but he doesn't know the meaning of that word. And tomorrow he'll tweet something more ridiculous.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I don't care about the POTUS. Just let even one of them to come forward with the truth about the other races... That's when I will be proud of a such individual.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I think it's real nice, that this president...

How are YOU any different than our President where YOU couldn't even get through writing a post without taking a jab at our country's President after watching the video of our President praising Rosa Parks??
Oh and please don't bother writing "he's our President he should ACT Presidential"....yeah where has ACTING Presidential gotten our country ever since JFK was assassinated.....20 Trillion in debt, N Korea on the verge of having nuclear weapons, ISIS, just about half of our country RELIANT on the government, ILLEGAL immigrants being embolden because of liberal controlled "sanctuary" cities, as well as liberals in our country being indoctrinated to "feel"/think that it's WRONG for working citizens in our great country to be able to KEEP more of their hard earned money that they've earned by WORKING hard to achieve their American Dream.

If all you liberals hate the impending tax cuts of having more money in your paychecks or for your businesses...then SIMPLY fork that money back to the Government(who apparently knows better where to spend YOUR money than you think YOU do) when filing your taxes.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “How are YOU any different than our President...

Oh, that was a jab? (nme)

He is rather proud of his nasty digs at others, seems to me. Probably thinks he's better at it than anyone ever, in the entire history of the world.
I do believe the president has been implored by some of his advisors, to try and and refrain from the petulant, petty behavior he so often displays. Me, I had no expectation that he would suddenly change after being sworn into office. Nor have I ever written or said anything about him acting "presidential"....

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Oh, that was a //jab//? (nme) He is...

Look Piper, for over 30 plus years Trump has been a famous public figure because of his success as a young billionaire businessman, who was also known for his outspoken political views/beliefs, as well as being against BOTH political party's at times because of how he felt they as our elected politicians were running/RUINING our great country with their policies.... as well as Trump ALWAYS being known for his crass way of talking to our "msm" who he knew reported falsely about him back then, and known for his crass way of fighting back IN THE SAME MANNER as those who would throw the 1st punch at him by making fun of his physical looks...which Rosie O'Donnell did on live TV back then when she was on The View, so Trump fought back in the SAME juvenile manner that Rosie could relate to by acting just as juvenile as she did..by attacking HER physical looks.

Look, you liberal feminists know damn well that no matter who the GOP candidate was to run against Hillary Clinton(and win because of how UNLIKABLE and corrupt the Clintons are)...you Feminist would have being protesting in the streets with your pink hats and v a g i n a as you did towards Trump ONLY because a Republican was elected as our POTUS and you all know it.

Oh I can only imagine the deranged OUTRAGE and even more violent riots in the streets by you leftists had Jeb BUSH been the GOP nominee who won over Hillary Clinton...man you "tolerant" liberals would have gone even more bat shit crazy over another BUSH being our POTUS with your signs of "no blood for oil" etc. etc. and posting on-line that you'd rather Trump be our CIC than another BUSH blah, blah, blah.

Eh the bottom line is that you supposed "tolerant of all" progressives who've HIJACKED the Democrat party, are IN FACT the most intolerant people in our country...where you all ONLY care about YOUR party being in power just to further YOUR party's "progressive" agenda to fundamentally CHANGE our great country into your vision of how YOU ALL "feel" we should live our lives under YOUR rules/laws.<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DSIQZFHharA" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Look Piper, for over 30 plus years Trump has...

Actually Gronk, I do not need you to 'educate' me about Trump's history.

As far as the rest of your diatribe, I pretty much knew before I read it, that it would be your usual accusatory assumptions.

"You LIBERALS...blah, blah, blah... FEMINISTS...blah, blah, blah.....TOLERANT....blah, blah, blah."

It is not possible to have a reasonable discussion, with those who have such preconceived notions as yours.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Actually Gronk, I do not need you to...

Oh give me a break....you know damn well that you supposed "tolerant of all" liberals are THE MOST INTOLERANT and JUGDMENTAL people in our country towards anyone who disagrees with your "progressive" agenda of you all wanting to fundamentally CHANGE our great country into your drugged out minds/visions of how you all WISH the world could be while stoned out of your minds. You politically ILL INFORMED nuts on the left actually buy into the political opinions of the celebrities you all IDOLIZE.
The Kardashian family is against WE THE PEOPLE owning guns to protect OUR families BECAUSE according to Kim... guns actually can like kill people...and according to the wicked smaaaaat anti-gun Kim Kardashian who convinced her sisters to not have guns in their homes to protect themselves, she ACTUALLY said..."that's why we have bodyguards."... being a wealthy OUT OF TOUCH nitwit living in her own bubble that her bodyguards all have GUNS to protect HER.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh give me a break....you know damn well that...

I know of not one definition of liberal, that includes "tolerant of all".

As far the rest of your inane blather there, it's just too ridiculous to even respond to....

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I know of not one definition of liberal...

Oh please, you know damn well that our MSM and the Democrat politicians in office (the majority of them being elderly lifer career politicians) portray your party as being the political party who is "tolerant of all"...when in fact the Democrat party of today is ONLY tolerant towards their fellow Americans who agree with their "progressive" leftist Socialist agenda to "fundamentally transform America".
The Democrat politicians of today also use JFK(d) as a tool in their shed to spread their Socialist message. because they KNOW their IGNORANT base hasn't a clue that even though JFK was a Democrat back then, he was actually a fiscal CONSERVATIVE.....
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aEdXrfIMdiU" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh please, you know damn well that our MSM...

No, I do not know of anyone who has portrayed the Democratic party as "tolerant of all". Personally, I find many who most share my views to be quite intolerant. "THE MOST INTOLERANT and JUDGMENTAL people in country", no.

The tax rates were a LOT higher, back when JFK proposed the cuts that were eventually implemented. He also managed to convince Congress to increase the minimum wage, expand unemployment benefits, boost Social Security benefits, and lay the groundwork for the passing of the Civil Right's Act and Medicare program.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “No, I do not know of anyone who has...

No wrong again Piper.... JFK as our CIC even though a Democrat POTUS back then, was in FACT a fiscal conservative(did you even watch the video I posted?). You are confusing JFK with JBL, where JBL(a known democrat racist politician prior to being our country's VP and eventual POTUS), as our CIC put his policy of the "great society" into place, to quote "keep those n****ers voting democrat for LIFE.

Also as a History lesson for you, JFK did NOT initiate or lay the ground works for the Civil Right Act that LBJ eventually HAD to sign into law after JFK was assonated ...it was actually DDE(R) who did so as our country's CIC and JFK also agreeing with DDE, thus why LBJ had to sign it into law being a RACIST.... but then as our CIC enacting HIS policy of the "great society" to keep those "n** voting Democrat for life.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “No wrong again Piper.... JFK as our CIC even...

No, not "wrong" Ms Gronk. Yes, I watched the video. As I mentioned, the tax rates were a lot higher, when JFK proposed the cuts that were eventually implemented.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “No, not "wrong" //Ms// Gronk...

Typical for a liberal to purposely avoid telling me that I was wrong about the Republican party being the political party who first initiated the Civil Rights Act...not to mention that it was the Republican party who FIRST initiated the legislation for women to have the right to VOTE, or that the Republican Party was FORMED under President Lincoln to free the slaves from their DEMOCRAT Masters etc. etc. etc.

Nope instead you American History challenged liberals always just blindly IGNORANTLY believe/buy into WHATEVER you're told to believe by your "Progressive" teachers/professors, our liberal controlled MSM and our dumb as a stump celebrities in Hollyweird(mostly HS drop outs) who as celebrities spew their NONSENSICAL political opinions that make NO SENSE at all whatsoever to the politically INFORMED citizens in our great country...where you liberals all clap in unison like trained seals whenever a celebrity gives their HS dropout mentally opinion about politics.

Eh notice how there were NO RIOTS in the streets by Conservatives/Republicans after Moore lost that special election to a Democrat in the Red state of Alabama ...that's because we have dignity/class and RESPECT the outcome of our elections even when our chosen candidate loses an election.

The UPSIDE of Roy Moore losing... is that there were no riots in the streets, as there would have been had he won, thus Moore as the Republican candidate losing that special election ACTUALY saved the state of Alabama millions of tax dollars by their state not having to pay their police officers, firefighters OVERTIME pay to protect their state from the liberal rioters and looters of business had he won.
So basically the citizens of Alabama dodged a bullet by electing a Democrat is this special election, because they knew had Moore won what the consequences would have been for their state...thus biding their time until 2020 when they're no longer IN THE SPOT LIGHT of who they choose to as their US Senator to represent them.

I hope you all who were supposedly all so upset/concerned about Moore's "victims" 40 years, FOLLOW through on your OUTRAGE to bring justice for his victims now that he lost that special election. Eh my guess is doubtful that you all who were OUTRAGED will follow through now that Moore lost....I hope I'm wrong this time.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Typical for a liberal to purposely avoid...

Neither one of us are really wrong, concerning the Civil Rights Act. I said Kennedy laid the groundwork for it being passed, which he did. Not alone, and certainly with the support of many Republicans.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/...964-180951799/

https://civilrights.jfklibrary....ghts-Bill.aspx

I'm sure we all know by now, how IGNORANT, ILL INFORMED, INTOLERANT and all around vile you think "liberals" are. You probably don't need to say it, almost every damn time you post your OPINION.

I don't think there will be any justice for Roy Moore's alleged victims, aside from him not winning a seat in the Senate.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Neither one of us are really //wrong//...

Piper, for God's sake just own it that you were wrong.

I have no ill will towards Liberals because I was born, raised and still live in my liberal state.... with the majority of my extended family and friends all being KNOW IT ALL liberals, so I'm use to dealing with liberals like you in my real life.

What's typical is that NONE of my liberal family and friends can articulately state or have facts as to what they dislike about President Trump's policies(that benefit them)...all they bring up is that Access Hollywood tape from back in 2005 as to why they HATE our President....who btw all love Bill Clinton lol!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Piper, for God's sake just own it that you...

I'm willing to admit that I'm wrong , when I am.

Do you feel that "Conservatives" are all the same, Gronk? I do not. If I believed that conservative- leaning people were responsible for all the wrongs in the world, as you seem to feel about LIBERALS, I figure I would feel "ill will" towards them.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I'm willing to admit that I'm wrong , when...

Piper please be specific about the policies of President Trump that bother you? And please don't use the asinine liberal talking points about how tax cuts will only benefit the 1%er....because Diane Feinstien as a LIFER wealthy Democrat POLITICIAN (supposedly an advocate for the POOR) actually IGNORANTLY tweeted about how the GOP tax BILL would financially hurt her districts constituents whose homes are worth over $750,000...yet you politically IGNORANT liberals STILL wonder why Trump won, smh.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Piper please be specific about the policies...

I could certainly do that Gronk, but I don't see much point in it.
You've made it clear in all your diatribes, both to myself and others , that anyone you perceive as liberal is ILL INFORMED, IGNORANT, drugged out, and has visions of how things should be while stoned.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I could certainly do that Gronk, but I...

Eh such a typical response from a supposed KNOW IT ALL progressive to have NO FACTS whatsoever to back up their "facts"...instead you supposed KNOW IT ALL liberals resort to explaining WHY you don't want to have a debate/civil conversation based on FACTS with those who disagree with your "facts"... because you know damn well you can't win a debate, therefore why most liberals on social media BLOCK people who disagree with them.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Eh such a typical response from a supposed...

It's mildly amusing, for you to mention having a "debate/civil conversation", Ms Gronk.

I have never blocked anyone, myself. I know for sure though, that blocking those who simply disagree them, is far from something LIBERALS do more than CONSERVATIVES.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “It's mildly amusing, for //you// to...

Piper2, explain to me in DETAIL the policies put into place thus far under a Trump Administration that are supposedly "literally" KILLING Americans according to you progressives and your elderly LIFER Democrat politicians... who all somehow became MILLIONAIRS( 1%ers) themselves being LIFER politicians representing their poor districts?? HOW is that even possible under a Congress/Senate salary??

How is one who works their **** off to provide for their own middle class WORKING family "robbing" the poor who don't even pay Federal or State taxes, yet would get a 5K "refund" check, while the WORKING middle class under Obama would have to pay even MORE out of their TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY paychecks having to pay even MORE in taxes when they filed their tax returns??

Why is that my family of 5 would have to pay EVEN MORE in taxes on 4/15, yet my former friend who was/still is a typical LAY ABOUT liberal minded single mom with only ONE child, who gets $350/wk in child support AS WELL AS being on welfare in my liberal state.. would get a 5K Federal refund check after filing her tax returns...yet my WORKING CLASS family of 5 would OWE the Federal government EVEN MORE in taxes after filing our tax returns, paying a CPA to do our taxes!!!

How does it even make sense to you "progressive" liberals that a WORKING middle class family of 5 having to pay EVEN MORE in taxes when they pay a CPA to do their taxes, but yet have no problem with a single mom SCAMMING the government gets a 5k Federal government "refund" check for NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is a former friend because I eventually became DISGUSTED with her every year using her 5k refund as a single mom to go on a lavish spring break vacation with a current boyfriend or friend leaving her son with who ever would watch him for that week!! That is the REALITY of a lot of the SUPPOSED "poor" in our country who KNOW how to scam the liberal politicians in my liberal state.

Gronk17 Gronk17

His advisors? Pfft! They want him to behave like shy little wall flowers to get stomped on by media and leftists.

Those days are over Piper. Trump pushes back!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “His //advisors//? Pfft! They want him to...

Nah Budwick, I'm pretty sure that is not what they want.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Nah Budwick, I'm pretty sure that is not...

Thanks for that clarification.

Budwick Budwick

Piper, you as a supposed informed American have YET to explain IN DETAIL as to how President Trump's policies thus far are ruining the USA.
You're clearly passionately against President Trump(ala Rosie O'Donnell and Chelsea Handler), therefore one would expect YOU to have IN AN INSTANT your facts/data to back up your claims that President Trump's policies are ruining our country.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Piper, you as a supposed informed American...

I am definitely an American. I do also seek further information, about anything that interests or concerns me. Always have.

I have never once said or even implied, that I thought Trump's policies were "ruining the USA".

I care about the environment, and how polluting it has a negative impact on all of us creatures.
https://news.nationalgeographic...e-environment/

That tax bill that you mentioned, does definitely benefit the very wealthy, and the more comfortably financially well-off folks, far more than those who really need a tax break.
It also includes opening up the Arctic Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling, something I and many others have opposed for decades.

That is a short list, and I can pretty much predict what you will say in reply, if you do.

And by the way...I do not "idolize" any celebrities.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I am definitely an American. I do also seek...

Piper2...that TAX BILL benefits those who actually PAY TAXES in our country!! You have sadly been INDOCTRINATED by the LIFER wealthy politicians on the far left to actually believe that a tax cut MEANS that those who PAY taxes are "stealing" from the poor. who don't even pay federal or state taxes...yet get a government REFUND check for NOT WORKING?????

Please EXPLAIN IN DETAIL how it's WRONG for my family to keep more of our money when my 52 year old blue collar husband busts his **** working in hot and cold elements for him to provide for HIS own family???
My husband as a blue collar worker, makes a decent weekly paycheck to PROVIDE for OUR family....why should he have to pay more in taxes to FUND your liberal programs???

What's so TROUBLING for me, is that the wealthy liberal elite in our country who make MILLIONS of dollars for just ACTING/SINGING a song as our court jesters to ENTERTAIN us peasants, are the very people who WILL NOT fork over 99% of their ridiculous paychecks to go towards the causes they SUPPOSEDLY care about!? Why is that??

Gronk17 Gronk17

Nope.

The only thing that is speeding towards being "over", is Trump.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Nope. The only thing that is speeding...

dru18, explain to us on this OPINION website how it's WRONG for us Americans to want to have more money in our weekly paychecks??
Sadly, what you as most liberals DO NOT realize, is that the Federal, state and local GOVERNMENT are funded(paid for) by the WORKING CLASS in our country who are FORCED to pay taxes out of THEIR hard earned paychecks via taxes to PAY for liberal programs to KEEP your IGNORANT liberal base RELIANT on the government to take care of them from their cradle to their graves!!!
You liberals as well as the Rino's DESPISE President Trump because you all know damn well that his policies as our country's CIC will create more jobs that are good paying jobs, therefore Obama's lay about supporters having NO EXCUSE as to why they supposedly can't find a job...and you know it, as does your liberal democrats in office know this.

Democrats "big business", is for them as politicians to remain in office to CONTINUE to become wealthy themselves....therefore spewing their flat out LIES to their ignorant Democrat base to convince them that Republicans only care about the rich....by flat out LYING to their base that they as Democrat politicians care about them, to live on their Democrat PLANTATION who will provide them with "free" this or that and not having chains on their necks being FORCED to live on their Democrat Plantations.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “dru18, explain to us on this OPINION website...

Oh wow, Gronk, most Americans will get about eighty dollars, at the most, (don't spend it all in one place now) and many Americans will see an increase in their taxes. And where one gets a decrease in one area, they will see an increase in another, so in all likely hood it will be canceled out. Premiums in health insurance are expected to dramatically increase, so there goes any "saving" right there.

There has never been any evidence to support "trickle down". Companies are now sitting on wads of big cash, and they have not invested the money in jobs or wage increases.

Taxes alone, had nothing to do with jobs being outsourced. Cheap labor overseas along with robotics have caused a lot of jobs to disappear. In fact, most companies, thanks to loopholes, never even paid the 35% in taxes.

This was a big tax cut to Trump, his family, and his donners Nothing more.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Oh wow, Gronk, most Americans will get about...

Dru...you do realize that the GOVERNMENT is FUNDED by those who work, therefor a lower tax rate for the working class IS NOT "stealing" from the government....a lower tax rate for those who work and for those small businesses and corporation who provide JOBS, allows WE THE WORKING CLASS in our country (no matter how much we make) to be able to keep more of OUR hard earned money!!!
My husband's weekly paycheck will increase by $60-70/wk, therefore us able to NOW afford a 2nd new car loan, and no longer having to rely on our 2nd vehicle that has 250,00 plus miles plus on it, that we ONLY use when we have to be in 2 places at one time with our kids sports.
You liberal elitist living in your own BUBBLE, have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER how WE THE PEOPLE live in the REAL WORLD.

Back when GWB 43 was our CIC when gas prices rose to almost $4/gal in my state when my kids were little....filling my "soccer mom" van would cost me $80 for a full tank of gas back then, therefore not having the money in our family budget to take my kids and their friends to freakin' Mcdonalds next door because of the high gas prices back then for those of us who lived paycheck to paycheck back then.

I am looking forward to the day of no longer having to check my bank account on a daily basis just to see if we have enough money in our checking account to treat my 12 year old daughter and her friends to freakin' McDonalds.
You liberals have NO CLUE whatsoever about the working MIDDLE CLASS in our country, thus why you're still all scratching your "intelligent" heads STILL trying to figure out why Hillary lost to Donald Trump, smh

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Dru...you do realize that the GOVERNMENT is...

Un huh, yeah, we'll see in a year just how much your husband's paycheck has increased. And we'll also see just how many 'other things' increased, thus canceling out any major benefit.

This "liberal" has not only been raised by the working class, but also is now part of the working class.

The middle class has been on the decline since the late seventies. But let's all try to blame Obama.

Yeah, and under Obama gas prices fell, but you wouldn't give him any credit, would you?

dru18 dru18

In response to “Un huh, yeah, we'll see in a year just how...

dru18, please explain to me in DETAIL how a Trump Administration has negatively affected your life thus far....without using that you've been diagnosed by a psychiatrist of having CHRONIC DEPRESSION because of Trump being our country's CIC. What rights have you pink v a g i n a wearing feminist lost under a Trump Administration?
You do realize that the employment rate for minorities is now at it's highest level, and that millions of people no longer being reliant on food stamps etc. because they now have good paying JOBS via the private sector who are hiring more people due to President Trump's corporate tax cuts as well as him eliminating a lot of the nonsensical/ ridiculous government regulations that were put upon big and small businesses that only drove big businesses out of our country and forced small business to shut down!

Are you pissed off as a supposed "strong" feminist that you may have to actually pay for your cheap birth control AND your democrat base abortions, NOT your ACCESS....yet at the same time you liberals **** about Trump's tax cuts that will allow the working middle class to keep more of their hard earned money(in my family's case upwards of $250/month) as being a pittance amount of money, that according to Liberals will have no bearing on stimulating our country's economy....yet you liberals think that the over the counter CHEAP birth control is a hardship for women in our country, thus why the government(other people's money) should pay for it....because ya know according to LIBERALS $10 a month to pay for birth control is a lot of money for women to pay for their birth control....yet on the other hand you all say that $250/month is just a pittance of money for middle class working American's to keep in their paychecks....ugh and you nuts on the left are still scratching your heads wondering WHY Trump won. smh.

Still waiting for the loud and proud feminist women in our great country to call for a million women march in SUPPORT of the Iranian women who are risking their lives because they are TRULY OPPRESSED in their country....nah you all won't and don't BECAUSE President Trump as our CIC publically stated that he supports the oppressed women and gay men in Iran who are fighting for their freedoms against a tyrannically government...eh as you all didn't support the Iranian women and gay men back in 2009 fighting and dying for their FREEDOM when Obama was our President because President Obama felt as our CIC that we as the USA should lead from behind....and you feminist NUTS and soyboys on the left(as obedient sheep) followed your leader...INSTEAD of having common sense to insist that President Obama as our CIC back in 2009 to do the right thing to help the Iranian people to free themselves from this anti-women/anti-gay Muslim regime....nope you all didn't, instead you SUPPOSED feminists march in the USA streets wearing your silly pink v a g i n a hats and v a g i n a costumes in protest of rights we as women in the USA have had for DECADES...not giving 2 shits about the women who are truly oppressed living in Muslim ruled countries.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “dru18, please explain to me in DETAIL how a...

The unemployment rate is at it's lowest regarding minorities. Oh shit, now I have heard everything. The unemployment rate was steadily dropping under Obama. In fact, it went from 17% to 6% in the eight years Obama was in office. It dropped a little bit lower under Trump, but Obama was the one who got the ball rolling.

OBAMA is the one who got this country's **** out of a recession, NOT Trump!

I just love people like yourself, who give a president who has only eleven months in office all of the credit. I guess Bill Clinton deserved all of the credit for a strong economy instead of George HW Bush. Bush is the one, once again, who got the plan in motion.

And please tell me how you think I am a female, feminist, liberal loving, person?

But I'll go along with the gag for the sake of this debate. What has Trump done? Hmmm..... appointed the most ultra conservative trump worshiping judges to life long positions. Passed a tax cut that will disproportionately benefit him, his family, and his friends. Insulted just about everyone, except rich fat old white guys, like himself. Plays childish games with a mentally unstable NK ahole.

Free the Iranian people from anti-gay and anti- women mentality? First he has to stop being anti-gay and anti-women, himself. And I don't want to hear how he feels or what he has said, because his judicial picks says it all.

dru18 dru18

In response to “The unemployment rate is at it's lowest...

dru18, you failed to answer my question of how President Trumps policies thus far have negatively affected YOU.

Oh man back when Obama was our President with millions of job losses, a high unemployment rate, more minorities being on welfare etc... you liberals all claimed it was BECAUSE of the bad policies under 8 years of GWB43...yet now that our country's economy is booming, minorities are being employed at the highest rate in decades, those applying for welfare on the decline....you all now want to attribute that success to President Obama policies?? When in fact our economy is booming because of President Trump getting rid of the "feel good"/bad for America policies that a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER put into place as our country's CIC... who never ever ran a business or worked in the private sector!!

You nuts on the far left who claim Trump wasn't/isn't qualified to be our CIC because of you all IGNORANTLY believing/thinking he was just a reality TV host...are now the very NUTS advocating for Oprah Winfrey(a multi BILLIONAIRE herself for just being a likeable talk show host) to run for POTUS with her having Tom Hanks(an ACTOR) to be her VP!!!! LOL!!!

I as a common sense American/Trump supporter would LOVE for the Democrats to nominate Oprah Winfrey as their Dem candidate to run against President Trump in 2020....but more so looking forward to the VP debate with our country's VP Pence debating Tom Hanks... who according to Liberals is wicked smaaat because he ACTS in movies portraying men who are smart lol!!

I personally liked Tom Hanks as an actor when he was one of the lead characters in the short lived TV sitcom Bosom Buddies in the early 80's, with him ACTING as a woman for a job when he was actually a MAN who dressed up as woman to get that job....eh but in 2018 women like yourself have sadly been INDOCTRINATED by the feminist NUTS on the left to "feel" you're being OPPRESSED living in the USA, thus convincing you all to make fools out of yourselves by wearing those silly pink hats and v a g i n a costumes to prove how "strong" you all supposedly are lol!!!
Whereas, NO ONE on the "right"(even though agreeing with them) could EVER convince me to make an a s s out of myself in the name of conservatism by wearing a silly costume or a silly hat on my head....eh yet you supposed "strong" liberal women do just that, not having a clue that you are being USED as USEFUL IDIOTS by the far left.

Gronk17 Gronk17

dru, you made a couple of valid points here, i.e. that outsourcing of jobs was due to more than just corporate taxes and the tax benefit to most Americans will be about eighty dollars (although I don't know where that number came from because I'm sure it will be much higher than that).

As for my health insurance, my insurance company has reduced my monthly premium for my insurance for 2018 below what I paid in 2017, so I must not be part of most Americans.

As for your reference to "trickle down", this latest tax law is not a "trickle down" example because rates are being reduced for more tax brackets than just the highest income brackets. The "trickle down" terminology only applies when tax rates are reduced for only the highest tax bracket incomes.

The fact of the matter is that when the tax rates were reduced during the Reagan administration, the income revenues to the federal government almost doubled, and the overall economy experienced the greatest growth for the longest period since the 1950s post-war boom. That was because companies did not sit on wads of big cash, as you stated, but invested that cash into more products which required more factories and more jobs to produce them (and eventually wage increases after the overall profits increased). I was working in those days and I actually witnessed it happen and saw my wages increase dramatically!

goblue1968 goblue1968

In response to “dru, you made a couple of valid points here...

goblue, I have no idea what part of the economy you are referring to, but public sectors like teaching for example took a big hit.

And if it hadn't been for Paul Volcker inflation would have never been tamed.

Interest rates were cut in half, and Reagan also raised taxes several times over the course of his presidency,something that is never talked about. And the spending was not reigned in, and the deficit tripped under Reagan.

The Republicans are touting this tax cut as a job grower, while saying that companies will use the money to reinvest in workers. That simply will not happen.

dru18 dru18

In response to “goblue, I have no idea what part of the...

dru, once again you have made seemingly valid points, but the facts that I stated above regarding the huge impact that the Reagan tax cuts across ALL tax brackets had upon massively increasing the income tax revenue to the government and the concurrent jobs expansion and wage increases are also true (as I said above, I was there at the time and I experienced it myself). I don't remember about teaching taking "a big hit" because I remember that teachers around where I live were constantly getting salary increases that I had to pay for (although I do remember that some school districts did lay off some teachers when those salary increases took effect). Since the Reagan tax cuts did indeed result in job growth, that is the reason that the Republicans are touting it that way this time. I suppose that I can understand your cynicism about that cause and effect this time if you weren't aware of the actual jobs expansion of the '80s.

goblue1968 goblue1968

And look folks, more tap dancing.

Keep going, Gronk, nobody will even notice that you're sweating.

dru18 dru18

As an outsider, it was a great post. I won't wade into anything more though.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

We have long expected acknowledgements of such historical milestones from our presidents. They are niceties, politic, and routine. Trump no more remembered this on his own than I or the vast majority of other Americans did. Nor should he be expected to. It was a nice statement, certainly, but deserving neither of "pride" nor the disdain and outright vitriol posted by many who responded to this tweet.

As always...JMHO

Bozette Bozette

Comments treating Vick like he's advocating and supporting Hitler incoming....

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Comments treating Vick like he's advocating...

Though Vic often flubs and meanders,
And sometimes politic' ly panders,
His aims are far littler
Than pulling for Hitler;
Vic likes Fauxcahontas and Sanders. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “**Though //Vic// often flubs and...

And sometimes he reminds me of Flanders. (biggrin)

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “And sometimes he reminds me of Flanders. (biggrin)

Yeah, I think Vic favors poppy products. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Flanders is a Christian.
Vic ain't no Christian!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “He isn't?

Uhh, no.
He likes the teaching of Jesus but has no belief that Jesus is the Son of God, or that God exists.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Uhh, no. He likes the teaching of Jesus but...

Oh, then he is an atheist like me.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Oh, then he is an atheist like me.

There's nothing like you Sunny.
You are one in a million.
Vic is a dime a dozen kind of guy.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “There's nothing like you Sunny. You are one...

Why am I one in a million? I think I'm quite the regular Joe.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Why am I one in a million? I think I'm quite...

There, right there! That is just one of the things that sets you apart. Humility - you really think of yourself as a regular Joe.

You're a really nice young man Sunny. You have a good heart and smart mind. One day, we'll get you straightened out spiritually - but I consider you a friend - even now.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “There, right there! //That// is just one of...

I appreciate it Bud, I'm glad we're on good terms despite having very contrasting opinions on lots of topics. I like talking to you since you're older and have a lot of life experience. I'd rather be humble of my good sides than have an ego, I can't stand such people. I don't want praise as it makes me feel like I'm on a pedestal but I appreciate it.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I appreciate it Bud, I'm glad we're on good...

Agreed.
I can accept contrasting opinions. And, you're right - we do disagree on things. But, there's a mutual respect, a willingness to listen there too. It's more of a discussion than an argument. I appreciate that about you!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Flanders is a Christian. Vic ain't no Christian!

I was thinking of Flanders fields, where the poppies blow, not the Simpson character. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I was thinking of Flanders fields, where the...

"Abso-diddly-lutely!" - was my clue!
Rhyme that!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “"Abso-diddly-lutely!" - was my...

When Vic comes on the scene,
He never speaks astutely,
But abso-diddly-lutely,
Will gab so piddly-brutely. (hehe)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “When Vic comes //on// the scene, He never...

Awesome!
Thinkerbell - Amirite's Poet Laureate!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Awesome! Thinkerbell - Amirite's Poet Laureate!

Thank you, Bud, you're too kind. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Wow. He can read? I wonder how many takes they did. I bet if you asked him after the speech he wouldn't remember a single word he said.

urwutuis urwutuis

He always does a few stupid things but by the end of his four years, he will prove he's been good for America ....

JD JD

That was a decent tweet, I wonder who on Trumps staff actually wrote it?

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “That was a decent tweet, I wonder who on...

Definitely not Trump, that's for sure.

StarzAbove StarzAbove