Just now, for the first time ever, I 'liked' and retweeted @realDonaldTrump.  Credit where credit is due.  This was the first tweet I have read from POTUS that made me proud of him.  I hope it is not the last.

• Topics:LawCivil Rights
  • Featured on the home page on Dec 4th 2017
  • Post Of The Day on Dec 6th 2017

VicZincOzSurferPhilboydStudgeThibault

Tiffanee

PhilboydStudgePiper2TiffaneeOzSurferMarianneMazeZonkeyBallsRoosterDar
Just now, for the first time ever, I 'liked' and retweeted @realDonaldTrump. Credit where credit is due. This was the first tweet I have read from POTUS that made me proud of him. I hope it is not the last.

I think it's real nice, that this president got through a whole tweet, ceremony, or any public uttering, without dissing someone or bragging about his own 'accomplishments'. (clap)

Piper2 Piper2

Means very little coming from Trump. I will give him points for trying though.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Means very little coming from Trump. I will...

Got to give him 1 thumbs up. It's been over a year since the election and it is the first decent thing he has said in all that time.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Got to give him 1 thumbs up. It's been over...

That is true but that makes me even more suspicious of his motives.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “That is true but that makes me even more...

Exactly what I was thinking tiff - wonder why or who is he trying to impress and why?

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

I wish he was sincere, but he doesn't know the meaning of that word. And tomorrow he'll tweet something more ridiculous.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I don't care about the POTUS. Just let even one of them to come forward with the truth about the other races... That's when I will be proud of a such individual.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I think it's real nice, that this president...

How are YOU any different than our President where YOU couldn't even get through writing a post without taking a jab at our country's President after watching the video of our President praising Rosa Parks??
Oh and please don't bother writing "he's our President he should ACT Presidential"....yeah where has ACTING Presidential gotten our country ever since JFK was assassinated.....20 Trillion in debt, N Korea on the verge of having nuclear weapons, ISIS, just about half of our country RELIANT on the government, ILLEGAL immigrants being embolden because of liberal controlled "sanctuary" cities, as well as liberals in our country being indoctrinated to "feel"/think that it's WRONG for working citizens in our great country to be able to KEEP more of their hard earned money that they've earned by WORKING hard to achieve their American Dream.

If all you liberals hate the impending tax cuts of having more money in your paychecks or for your businesses...then SIMPLY fork that money back to the Government(who apparently knows better where to spend YOUR money than you think YOU do) when filing your taxes.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “How are YOU any different than our President...

Oh, that was a jab? (nme)

He is rather proud of his nasty digs at others, seems to me. Probably thinks he's better at it than anyone ever, in the entire history of the world.
I do believe the president has been implored by some of his advisors, to try and and refrain from the petulant, petty behavior he so often displays. Me, I had no expectation that he would suddenly change after being sworn into office. Nor have I ever written or said anything about him acting "presidential"....

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Oh, that was a //jab//? (nme) He is...

Look Piper, for over 30 plus years Trump has been a famous public figure because of his success as a young billionaire businessman, who was also known for his outspoken political views/beliefs, as well as being against BOTH political party's at times because of how he felt they as our elected politicians were running/RUINING our great country with their policies.... as well as Trump ALWAYS being known for his crass way of talking to our "msm" who he knew reported falsely about him back then, and known for his crass way of fighting back IN THE SAME MANNER as those who would throw the 1st punch at him by making fun of his physical looks...which Rosie O'Donnell did on live TV back then when she was on The View, so Trump fought back in the SAME juvenile manner that Rosie could relate to by acting just as juvenile as she did..by attacking HER physical looks.

Look, you liberal feminists know damn well that no matter who the GOP candidate was to run against Hillary Clinton(and win because of how UNLIKABLE and corrupt the Clintons are)...you Feminist would have being protesting in the streets with your pink hats and v a g i n a as you did towards Trump ONLY because a Republican was elected as our POTUS and you all know it.

Oh I can only imagine the deranged OUTRAGE and even more violent riots in the streets by you leftists had Jeb BUSH been the GOP nominee who won over Hillary Clinton...man you "tolerant" liberals would have gone even more bat shit crazy over another BUSH being our POTUS with your signs of "no blood for oil" etc. etc. and posting on-line that you'd rather Trump be our CIC than another BUSH blah, blah, blah.

Eh the bottom line is that you supposed "tolerant of all" progressives who've HIJACKED the Democrat party, are IN FACT the most intolerant people in our country...where you all ONLY care about YOUR party being in power just to further YOUR party's "progressive" agenda to fundamentally CHANGE our great country into your vision of how YOU ALL "feel" we should live our lives under YOUR rules/laws.<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DSIQZFHharA" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Look Piper, for over 30 plus years Trump has...

Actually Gronk, I do not need you to 'educate' me about Trump's history.

As far as the rest of your diatribe, I pretty much knew before I read it, that it would be your usual accusatory assumptions.

"You LIBERALS...blah, blah, blah... FEMINISTS...blah, blah, blah.....TOLERANT....blah, blah, blah."

It is not possible to have a reasonable discussion, with those who have such preconceived notions as yours.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Actually Gronk, I do not need you to...

Oh give me a break....you know damn well that you supposed "tolerant of all" liberals are THE MOST INTOLERANT and JUGDMENTAL people in our country towards anyone who disagrees with your "progressive" agenda of you all wanting to fundamentally CHANGE our great country into your drugged out minds/visions of how you all WISH the world could be while stoned out of your minds. You politically ILL INFORMED nuts on the left actually buy into the political opinions of the celebrities you all IDOLIZE.
The Kardashian family is against WE THE PEOPLE owning guns to protect OUR families BECAUSE according to Kim... guns actually can like kill people...and according to the wicked smaaaaat anti-gun Kim Kardashian who convinced her sisters to not have guns in their homes to protect themselves, she ACTUALLY said..."that's why we have bodyguards."... being a wealthy OUT OF TOUCH nitwit living in her own bubble that her bodyguards all have GUNS to protect HER.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh give me a break....you know damn well that...

I know of not one definition of liberal, that includes "tolerant of all".

As far the rest of your inane blather there, it's just too ridiculous to even respond to....

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I know of not one definition of liberal...

Oh please, you know damn well that our MSM and the Democrat politicians in office (the majority of them being elderly lifer career politicians) portray your party as being the political party who is "tolerant of all"...when in fact the Democrat party of today is ONLY tolerant towards their fellow Americans who agree with their "progressive" leftist Socialist agenda to "fundamentally transform America".
The Democrat politicians of today also use JFK(d) as a tool in their shed to spread their Socialist message. because they KNOW their IGNORANT base hasn't a clue that even though JFK was a Democrat back then, he was actually a fiscal CONSERVATIVE.....
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aEdXrfIMdiU" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh please, you know damn well that our MSM...

No, I do not know of anyone who has portrayed the Democratic party as "tolerant of all". Personally, I find many who most share my views to be quite intolerant. "THE MOST INTOLERANT and JUDGMENTAL people in country", no.

The tax rates were a LOT higher, back when JFK proposed the cuts that were eventually implemented. He also managed to convince Congress to increase the minimum wage, expand unemployment benefits, boost Social Security benefits, and lay the groundwork for the passing of the Civil Right's Act and Medicare program.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “No, I do not know of anyone who has...

No wrong again Piper.... JFK as our CIC even though a Democrat POTUS back then, was in FACT a fiscal conservative(did you even watch the video I posted?). You are confusing JFK with JBL, where JBL(a known democrat racist politician prior to being our country's VP and eventual POTUS), as our CIC put his policy of the "great society" into place, to quote "keep those n****ers voting democrat for LIFE.

Also as a History lesson for you, JFK did NOT initiate or lay the ground works for the Civil Right Act that LBJ eventually HAD to sign into law after JFK was assonated ...it was actually DDE(R) who did so as our country's CIC and JFK also agreeing with DDE, thus why LBJ had to sign it into law being a RACIST.... but then as our CIC enacting HIS policy of the "great society" to keep those "n** voting Democrat for life.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “No wrong again Piper.... JFK as our CIC even...

No, not "wrong" Ms Gronk. Yes, I watched the video. As I mentioned, the tax rates were a lot higher, when JFK proposed the cuts that were eventually implemented.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “No, not "wrong" //Ms// Gronk...

Typical for a liberal to purposely avoid telling me that I was wrong about the Republican party being the political party who first initiated the Civil Rights Act...not to mention that it was the Republican party who FIRST initiated the legislation for women to have the right to VOTE, or that the Republican Party was FORMED under President Lincoln to free the slaves from their DEMOCRAT Masters etc. etc. etc.

Nope instead you American History challenged liberals always just blindly IGNORANTLY believe/buy into WHATEVER you're told to believe by your "Progressive" teachers/professors, our liberal controlled MSM and our dumb as a stump celebrities in Hollyweird(mostly HS drop outs) who as celebrities spew their NONSENSICAL political opinions that make NO SENSE at all whatsoever to the politically INFORMED citizens in our great country...where you liberals all clap in unison like trained seals whenever a celebrity gives their HS dropout mentally opinion about politics.

Eh notice how there were NO RIOTS in the streets by Conservatives/Republicans after Moore lost that special election to a Democrat in the Red state of Alabama ...that's because we have dignity/class and RESPECT the outcome of our elections even when our chosen candidate loses an election.

The UPSIDE of Roy Moore losing... is that there were no riots in the streets, as there would have been had he won, thus Moore as the Republican candidate losing that special election ACTUALY saved the state of Alabama millions of tax dollars by their state not having to pay their police officers, firefighters OVERTIME pay to protect their state from the liberal rioters and looters of business had he won.
So basically the citizens of Alabama dodged a bullet by electing a Democrat is this special election, because they knew had Moore won what the consequences would have been for their state...thus biding their time until 2020 when they're no longer IN THE SPOT LIGHT of who they choose to as their US Senator to represent them.

I hope you all who were supposedly all so upset/concerned about Moore's "victims" 40 years, FOLLOW through on your OUTRAGE to bring justice for his victims now that he lost that special election. Eh my guess is doubtful that you all who were OUTRAGED will follow through now that Moore lost....I hope I'm wrong this time.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Typical for a liberal to purposely avoid...

Neither one of us are really wrong, concerning the Civil Rights Act. I said Kennedy laid the groundwork for it being passed, which he did. Not alone, and certainly with the support of many Republicans.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/...964-180951799/

https://civilrights.jfklibrary....ghts-Bill.aspx

I'm sure we all know by now, how IGNORANT, ILL INFORMED, INTOLERANT and all around vile you think "liberals" are. You probably don't need to say it, almost every damn time you post your OPINION.

I don't think there will be any justice for Roy Moore's alleged victims, aside from him not winning a seat in the Senate.

Piper2 Piper2

His advisors? Pfft! They want him to behave like shy little wall flowers to get stomped on by media and leftists.

Those days are over Piper. Trump pushes back!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “His //advisors//? Pfft! They want him to...

Nah Budwick, I'm pretty sure that is not what they want.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Nah Budwick, I'm pretty sure that is not...

Thanks for that clarification.

Budwick Budwick

Nope.

The only thing that is speeding towards being "over", is Trump.

dru18 dru18

And look folks, more tap dancing.

Keep going, Gronk, nobody will even notice that you're sweating.

dru18 dru18

As an outsider, it was a great post. I won't wade into anything more though.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

We have long expected acknowledgements of such historical milestones from our presidents. They are niceties, politic, and routine. Trump no more remembered this on his own than I or the vast majority of other Americans did. Nor should he be expected to. It was a nice statement, certainly, but deserving neither of "pride" nor the disdain and outright vitriol posted by many who responded to this tweet.

As always...JMHO

Bozette Bozette

Comments treating Vick like he's advocating and supporting Hitler incoming....

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Comments treating Vick like he's advocating...

Though Vic often flubs and meanders,
And sometimes politic' ly panders,
His aims are far littler
Than pulling for Hitler;
Vic likes Fauxcahontas and Sanders. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “**Though //Vic// often flubs and...

And sometimes he reminds me of Flanders. (biggrin)

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “And sometimes he reminds me of Flanders. (biggrin)

Yeah, I think Vic favors poppy products. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Flanders is a Christian.
Vic ain't no Christian!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “He isn't?

Uhh, no.
He likes the teaching of Jesus but has no belief that Jesus is the Son of God, or that God exists.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Uhh, no. He likes the teaching of Jesus but...

Oh, then he is an atheist like me.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Oh, then he is an atheist like me.

There's nothing like you Sunny.
You are one in a million.
Vic is a dime a dozen kind of guy.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “There's nothing like you Sunny. You are one...

Why am I one in a million? I think I'm quite the regular Joe.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Why am I one in a million? I think I'm quite...

There, right there! That is just one of the things that sets you apart. Humility - you really think of yourself as a regular Joe.

You're a really nice young man Sunny. You have a good heart and smart mind. One day, we'll get you straightened out spiritually - but I consider you a friend - even now.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “There, right there! //That// is just one of...

I appreciate it Bud, I'm glad we're on good terms despite having very contrasting opinions on lots of topics. I like talking to you since you're older and have a lot of life experience. I'd rather be humble of my good sides than have an ego, I can't stand such people. I don't want praise as it makes me feel like I'm on a pedestal but I appreciate it.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I appreciate it Bud, I'm glad we're on good...

Agreed.
I can accept contrasting opinions. And, you're right - we do disagree on things. But, there's a mutual respect, a willingness to listen there too. It's more of a discussion than an argument. I appreciate that about you!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Flanders is a Christian. Vic ain't no Christian!

I was thinking of Flanders fields, where the poppies blow, not the Simpson character. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I was thinking of Flanders fields, where the...

"Abso-diddly-lutely!" - was my clue!
Rhyme that!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “"Abso-diddly-lutely!" - was my...

When Vic comes on the scene,
He never speaks astutely,
But abso-diddly-lutely,
Will gab so piddly-brutely. (hehe)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “When Vic comes //on// the scene, He never...

Awesome!
Thinkerbell - Amirite's Poet Laureate!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Awesome! Thinkerbell - Amirite's Poet Laureate!

Thank you, Bud, you're too kind. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Wow. He can read? I wonder how many takes they did. I bet if you asked him after the speech he wouldn't remember a single word he said.

urwutuis urwutuis