Jerusalem DUH,

JamesSeonagBozetteGunNeanderthal_MomdoerWill_Janitor

Trump is wrong (insert opinion not fact here)

Blewynanifail

I hate trump simply because MSM told me to

Nobody :(

Other

PhilboydStudgeLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredZonkeyBalls

Will_JanitorThinkerbellBlewynanifailZonkeyBalls
What is the capital of israel?

The region of Israel's historic capital is Jerusalem. The modern nation-state of Israel's functional capital is Jerusalem (with some capitular functions relegated to Tel-Aviv), but it does not have control of the entire city and Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is only officially recognized by the U.S. and the Czech Republic.

Jerusalem is a disputed city. It's up to the Palestinians and Israelis to work out its status. The U.S. shouldn't be fanning the flames of violence.

Thibault Thibault

Thibault Thibault

In response to “The region of Israel's historic capital is...

Jerusalem was always jewish. NOT Palestinian, we need to stop bowing to muslims and start defending our real allies.

besides if muslim RELIGION was such a religion of peace like liberals want us to believe, why would trumps declaration cause violence?????? or maybe muslism aren;t as peaceful as you wish us to believe!

sh9683 sh9683 OP

In response to “Jerusalem was always jewish. NOT Palestinian...

Other presidents have campaigned on this, and then when in office, they realize how difficult it is. But not Trump, who is as simple as they get.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Other presidents have campaigned on this, and...

How much money do you have compared to him? Simple? If he's simple, what are you?

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “How much money do you have compared to him?...

First of all, I believe I was talking about his presidency, not his private businesses.

A big difference that you, or HE, can't seem to understand.

But since you mentioned it, SIX bankruptcies is nothing to write home about.

And as far as "how much money" he has,...who knows, since he won't release his tax returns.

dru18 dru18

In response to “First of all, I believe I was talking about...

Do you have your own helicopter? If he's simple, you must be a complete moron. I'm not calling you one unless he's simple because he's got WAY more brains than you do.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Do you have your own helicopter? If he's...

As I said, running a business is not the same as running a country, which Trump is sloooowly finding out.

dru18 dru18

In response to “As I said, running a business is not the same...

Yes, it is just the same.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Yes, it is just the same.

No, it's, not. Being a CEO of a big company and having people answer to you, is not the same as being a part of three separate branches of government.

Congress does not work for the president.

dru18 dru18

In response to “No, it's, not. Being a CEO of a big company...

Like I said, he's made billions. You said he's simple. Have you made billions. How simple are you then?

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Like I said, he's made billions. You said...

Nice backpedaling.

You also said that running a business is the same as running a country.

He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and he was given a million dollar loan by his father to start out.

Since then he has filed six bankruptcies and stiffed hundreds of small businesses, while going through two wives.

All of New York City knows that Trump is not a real estate developer, but rather an idiot who lucked out by branding his name.

If that is success, than count me out.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Nice backpedaling. You also said that...

How ridiculous it is to say a man who took a million and made billions and then went on to become the President is an idiot.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “How ridiculous it is to say a man who took a...

LOL! There have been many idiotic presidents during the ages, but Trump takes the cake. H

How do you even know he has made "billions", since he won't produce his tax returns.

dru18 dru18

In response to “LOL! There have been many idiotic presidents...

Why should he? I demand that you post yours right here! Amirite deserves to know how much money you make!

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Why should he? I demand that you post yours...

And what would be the reason for seeing my tax returns. Am I running for president of the United States.

dru18 dru18

In response to “And what would be the reason for seeing my...

Hey, we need to know if you're on the up and up. If his business is our business, everyone's is.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Hey, we need to know if you're on the up and...

He's running the country! LOL! My tax returns would bore you to death.

dru18 dru18

Jerusalem was always jewish.

That is simply not true.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “//Jerusalem was always jewish.// That is...

Not exactly to the point.

Your chart shows who was in political/military CONTROL of Jerusalem, not who its inhabitants were at various stages of history. I don't think Jesus, for example, would have agreed that the Jerusalem of his time was an ethnically Roman city.

However, the chart does point up one factor that has "always" existed, namely, that Jerusalem has been controlled by those who have the power with which to do it.

And if the Palestinians ever acquire such power, you can be sure they will impose their own one-state solution, as is obvious from their founding document.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/plocov.asp

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Not exactly to the point. Your chart shows...

Actually it is. It very clearly shows that it was not Jewish in origin, thus it cannot have "always" been Jewish.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Actually it is. It very clearly shows that...

I don't think it shows that very clearly at all, since the vague term "proto-Canaanite" does not exclude ancient Hebrews, who were in all probability themselves Canaanites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews

And as for the Jebusites, there is some doubt that they existed at all, or that "Jebus" was in fact Jerusalem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jebusite

"There is no evidence of Jebus and the Jebusites outside of the Old Testament. Some scholars reckon Jebus to be a different place from Jerusalem; other scholars prefer to see the name of Jebus as a kind of pseudo-ethnic name without any historical background."

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

I don't know, but I'm reminded of a joke..

A Jewish guy is walking down the street and spots an old lamp. He picks it up and starts to rub it clean. *POOF* A genie appears. The genie grants the man one wish.

Than man thinks for a second and then comes up with an idea. He pulls a scrap of paper out his wallet and proceeds to unfold it. It's a map of the Holy Land. He says, 'People have been fighting over this land for millennia. Genie, I wish for a resolution that makes everyone happy and brings about peace'.

The genie thinks and shakes his head. 'That's a really difficult one. I'm not sure I can pull it off. Do you have another wish'?

The Jewish man thinks.. 'Okay, how about this? My wife and I have been married for years, and now she no longer gives me blow jobs. Genie, I wish for my wife to give me blow jobs.'

The genie thinks for a second and replies, 'Give me the damn map'.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

I can't understand this conflict because it is all about myths, my opinion is a religion can not have a capital, a religion is only believing old stories. We might as well argue about where is the capital of Zeus - or other mythical creatures of old times.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “I can't understand this conflict because it...

so your saying israel is a myth? give me a break. besides you want myth? nothing magically created something and abiotic magically created biotic, now that is myth. too bad liberals worship it like its fact though

sh9683 sh9683 OP

Jerusalem

camp david accords
Arafat walked away from Everything he wanted
after the meeting he was asked why he refused the offer

If I accepted, they would have killed me"

always thought Ringo & Arafat

always thought Ringo & Arafat coulda been brothers
from another mother

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “Jerusalem camp david accords Arafat walked...

And they did anyway.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

It hasn't worked supporting a divided city for the last 60 years so why not try something different? It's not our call. It's Israel's. Whether we support it or not makes no difference. If they really want peace they will find it.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “It hasn't worked supporting a divided city...

I suggest they start by helping their adversaries (and some of their supporters) through the age of enlightenment.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

The capital is determined by the government in power. Israel has declared Jerusalem its capital, it matters not whether other nations recognize it as such.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “The capital is determined by the government...

so why the uproar by lunatic leftists that trump recognizes it?

sh9683 sh9683 OP

In response to “so why the uproar by lunatic leftists that...

Trump's decision begins the process to move the embassy, but Congress overwhelmingly voted (w/only 42 voting against between the two houses and despite Clinton’s refusal to sign the bill) to move the embassy back in 1995, so the US has long acknowledged Jerusalem as the capital, even if Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump delayed actually deciding to effect the move until now.

It isn't just the "lunatic leftists" who are against the decision. Roughly 2/3s of Americans oppose the move, as do other world leaders, excepting the Israelis, as well as (reportedly) Mattis, Pompeo, and Tillerson. It really is not difficult to see why the leaders and people in other countries, particularly the ME and Europe, oppose this, as they are likely to see any blowback from this decision up close and personal, as will our military, CIA, and State Department.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Trump's decision begins the process to move...

Is the 2/3s of American opposing move statistic based on the google sponsored survey? If so, I think it's about as accurate as the surveys in early Nov 2016 saying Hillary was going be win the election by a wide margin. Most people I talk to either are for the move or really don't care where it is. Only die-hard Dems and NWOs seem to be against it.

Seonag Seonag

In response to “Is the 2/3s of American opposing move...

No, Brookings. As with any poll, you can take it or leave it, as you wish. I'd say it's probably not far off, though, given that a little less than half of Americans are or lean either R or D, most Ds are against, and not all Rs are religious...and while evangelicals, especially, strongly favor the move, that doesn't hold true for all Christians, or even all Jews, for that matter.

https://www.brookings.edu/resea...oreign-policy/

What do you mean by NWOs being against it?

Bozette Bozette

Jerusalem has been the seat of Israeli government since the outset. Having our embassy within Jerusalem makes perfect sense. Why give a shit about Palestine says? They're not even an independent country for Pete's sake.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Oslo?

Isn't Oslo scheduled to be a Muslim capital?

Oh, wait, I'm thinking of Stockholm. The Norwegians have marginally more sense than the Swedes. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell