Post a song with Mmmbop in the title. I actually like that song but, no. Post a song that's made you cry. If you haven't had that experience, your friends on the site swore to thrash you with an overripe banana, so work something up. Thanks :)

PartyOfOne

Nobody :)

Lil_PrincessPiper2TiffaneeBozetteTomboyJanetMarianneprimeiroRoosterSynysterGatesMetal_god14

Explained by PartyOfOne...

Seriously?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zelvaxvTaUk" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Piper2 Piper2

Females dying does it to me... no clue why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQOjxA8rrks

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Females dying does it to me... no clue...

Thanks Tiffanee, wherever you are :Þ

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

That was one of my favorites way back when. (a)

JanHaskell JanHaskell

In response to “That was one of my favorites way back when. (a)

I can't remember one of their songs that disappointed :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

I Drive Your Truck by Lee Brice
https://youtu.be/yCSMCgqlc-0

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I Drive Your Truck by Lee...

Why thank you young lady - listening to it as I type ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

I didn't shed a tear, this time, but it did give me a chill through part of it. I live in a very small city and we have plenty of scenes similar to what was in the video... a lot of good "down home" people have met an end to a life they felt might've been endless.

If you wouldn't mind my asking: was it the song and visual alone that struck the tender chord?

Thanks, so very much, for taking part in my post. Though my thanks to you might seem carbon copy, the sentiment is genuine :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I didn't shed a tear, //**__this__**// time...

I was driving the first time I heard it and it was just so spot on to my feelings of missing my late husband that the tears just flowed.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I was driving the first time I heard it and...

I regret your husband's loss of life and your loss of him, truly. I've had similar reactions over the loss of siblings, parents, and wife.

Thanks, once again, for sharing as you have - I appreciate your trust in me with such a delicate personal issue.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ-ot5z11NE

I thought the eagles were terrific back in the 70's, funny to see what they looked like (pce)

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “I thought the eagles were terrific back in...

They were a hot item for many. I vaguely remember liking two or three of their songs, especially, but I can't remember the titles :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “They were a hot item for many. I vaguely...

Hotel California. Take it to the limit

, I can't remember and that record LP sleeve is gone, I usually listened to them in my car on an old 8 track player in my 1971 Ford Mustang. Good old days those were, if only I had know how to take advantage of it all at the time.

In response to “Hotel California. Take it to the limit...

I'm not sure I ever knew how to take advantage of anything lol :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Losing a love interest when, in the beginning, you both planned for the best, must have been a grand disappointment. You have my sincerest regret that you suffered anything less than what you hoped for.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “<iframe width="640"...

Piper, thanks for posting the video :) If you wouldn't mind my asking: what was in the song that especially evoked a tear or two? I went to the lyrics for help in understanding but, admittedly, I suck at that :(

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Piper, thanks for posting the video :) If you...

Just maybe, I know something about falling behind, and this definitely ain't no place for the weary kind...

Piper2 Piper2

If I recall correctly, that picture s from the Where's the Love video

Trish Trish

In response to “If I recall correctly, that picture s from...

Hi, Trish... which picture :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Hi, Trish... which picture :)

The picture of Hanson above.

Trish Trish

In response to “The picture of Hanson above.

Oh, lol - I forgot it was there :D I'm going to go with you're right because my memory of what's gone on where with celebrities is really lacking.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Right now I can only remember a song called "Eternal Snow", from an Anime called "Full Moon Wo Sagashite".

The lyrics is pretty sad.

(It's in Japanese but the video below has an English translation.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLas5--dvGc

primeiro primeiro

In response to “Right now I can only remember a song called...

Hello, Paulo :) I'll admit that the lyrics played a big part in why my eyes misted over, my nose started to run, and my throat was a lump that held something back... maybe words. To be honest - and maybe this isn't for me to assume - I felt, at some point, this could have been coming from our friend once you'd met. I had great hopes for you and her so, yeah, the lyrics struck a chord of sadness :) I wanted, for you, the happiness that you had with her, and I wanted the same sense of happiness for her with you. For me, that would have felt like winning the lottery ;)

Thanks, very much, for posting the music video and the misty eyes - we'll call that my fault, lol :) Best wishes, my friend.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Hello, Paulo :) I'll admit that the lyrics...

Oh, wow... ...I'm touched! Thank you for your amazingly thoughtful words - I really appreciate it.
I'm really touched...
But please don't feel sad.
Yes, it sucks that it didn't work out, and it does make me feel sad and frustrated. But, as I said, please don't feel sad. At some point, it became clear that it just wouldn't work out between me and her. Today I understand that better, and I'm pretty sure she also understands that. In fact, she realized that before me. Way before, I think.
I still think about her. I hope she is pursuing her dreams and that she is able to find what makes her happy. A bit after the break up, when we still had contact, I would poll her to know how she is doing, and she would say that she was fine. Now, I don't have any contact with her anymore, and I very often wish I could know, for certain, how she is doing right now. But I know from experience that she is a strong person, and I feel that she is doing her best to find what she wants. I don't really have any reason to think otherwise, and I don't think you should have any reason to be pessimistic either.
Neither of us can know for sure, but we can hope, at least.
Thank you again for the kindness, Marc. And best wishes to you too. :)

primeiro primeiro

In response to “Oh, wow... ...I'm touched! Thank you for your...

I know there'll be little reminders that will pop up on their own but, yes, I won't dwell on the negative as it does no good ;) Now I'm off to eat an amazing peanut butter and jam sandwich - woohoo :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Our song .... my daughter and me.
https://youtu.be/80MkRAvQ2jg

JanHaskell JanHaskell

In response to “Our song .... my daughter and...

Thanks for posting, Jan... I'm glad that you did :)

I can imagine you've had many cherished moments with your daughter, and several tearful ones. I'll gladly join you and Helen Reddy in one of those in-between times.

I love the image of the woman and baby at the beginning of the video, big time :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “In memory of my mama...

That was certainly a beautiful tribute, likely worthy of all she's been for you, meant to you. Thanks for posting that song. I've put that in my youtube favorites. Thank you :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSdEU_iJNEw

The song's been one of my favorites for years. The title hints at a sad situation but the vocal and instrumental balance out the song nicely... she has a beautiful voice. If you won't mind my asking, was it the song, or the memory of something beyond the song, that brought forth a tear or two?

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvJ2MfnZo4

Thanks for posting the two songs, Starz - I appreciate your input :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

I used to wanna do every person in hanson then they cut their hair :(

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

Shame on those bad boys - there oughta be a law! :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP