VicZincDarkest_SerenityTiffaneeBozetteOzSurferRoosterBubSynysterGatesMetal_god14Lynette
I just blocked someone I care about. Is that a normal thing to do? He's been my friend on both of the sites for ages, but he is somehow different now.

Maybe he is dealing with things in his life that are affecting him. And it feels negative to you.
It never hurts to ask.
I stay far away from the block. Way too easy to do. Not so easy to undo.

Carla Carla

It never hurts to ask.

Carla Carla

In response to “Maybe he is dealing with things in his life...

I don't block people easily. Hardly ever.

Everybody has to have a chance.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls OP

You have to do what you think is best, Zonkie. I never block anyone but if you're getting negative waves? Do what you must.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ

Rooster Rooster

In response to “You have to do what you think is best...

I don't know.

Bub went hostile on me and I tried to keep a mature stand, but... He... There's something wrong with him. If you can help him, please, do so. I really like him. He is my bloody friend.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls OP

In response to “I don't know. Bub went hostile on me and I...

Ahhh, Bub!
Zonk, I don't know him well, and to be honest, I think he dislikes me. But, I've noticed that he has a short fuse sometimes. A few times he's come back later and apologized - that was when I was moderating though - and he may have thought I was influential or something. He had me blocked for a while, but I noticed - just today that I was unblocked by him and a couple others that had bailed on me when there was a kerfuffle a month or so back.

Anyway - my point is, that Bub is likely to be back in short order. Sorry for your trouble.

Budwick Budwick

I don't know if it's normal or not but what I do know is it must have been a hard thing for you to do since you've been friends for so long, Sometimes the best thing you can do is go with your gut instinct.

Echooos Echooos

People change and sadly sometimes it's not always for the best one of my best friends changed so much he is complete stranger to me now

Metal_god14

I don't block someone for something like that ,but only time I block somebody is if they are insensitive insecure rude nosy ****.

Metal_god14

In response to “I don't block someone for something like...

I don't block people for that.

It's being human. We all have our insensitive and insecure sides.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls OP

In response to “I don't block people for that. It's being...

True we do but some things which I consider my business only people have no need to be inquisitive about

Metal_god14

No it is called being an ****.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “No it is called being an ****.

Well, we all have our own burdens to carry with us.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls OP

I wouldn't know. I am aware that people sometimes do that, but I'm not sure how "normal" it is. If I did ever choose to use the block feature though, I doubt if I'd feel bad it. Especially if that person was in the habit of blocking and unblocking others all the time.

Piper2 Piper2

People change and sometimes, what we think about them changes. I've blocked a few on here and haven't regretted blocking those I did. As I've gotten older, my tolerance for some behaviors and some people has just gone down.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Sorry to hear that. People change for various reasons, and it hurts to lose a long time friend and not know the reason why. I know exactly where you're coming from, been there myself. (cry)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Sometimes. I had "friends" that decided their hatred for one person outweighed there feelings for me. So, in painting with a wide brush, they included me in their numerous and repeated insults. Who needs friends like that?

Gun Gun

In response to “Sometimes. I had "friends" that...

Well, it goes with the saying... With friends like these, who needs enemies? ;o)

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls OP

Try not to block if you can. I personally don't find anything, or anybody, that is too much for me to handle on this site.

dru18 dru18

maybe he is not the one who is different now

Budou812 Budou812

You should never block friends, or anyone else..Bub has his demons to deal with and it affects him at times, but he is a great guy and he means no harm...we all have our problems that people on here are not aware of and we should just support them ..blocking won't solve the problem....unblock him and wait until he is ready to talk...

JD JD

I have no problem with blocking. Like I have said a few times on here, I would unblock anyone if asked but I never have been so that just tells me I made the right decision.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Some people on here are idiots who just seek to cause trouble may sound harsh but just block them is sometimes best decision

Metal_god14