Florida cop savagely beats handcuffed woman does anyone else find this disturbing especially since everyone else just stood around and watched has police brutality gone too far? I certainly believe so

PhilboydStudgeTiffaneeBozetteZonkeyBallsRoosterGonzo

These cops know they are being filmed. Becoming that unhinged...there must have been signs.
Think of all that has gone on before filming was the norm.
I do believe there are good police officers...but, it wont take much of this before everyone, not just certain communities, start mistrusting all of them.
Then what? Only unbalanced, power hungry people decide to become cops?
More divides. Just what we need.

Carla Carla

It sure seems like it! Not sure if they ever show the good that most Coppers do but this is plain sickening.
Kind of like when I filed a report here about Identity theft and credit card fraud. I even got the guy's name and address and they did nothing.
Getting to where people just don't trust them anymore.

Rooster Rooster

More divides. Just what we need.

Carla Carla

At least she wasn't shot to death, that's a good start.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “At least she wasn't shot to death, that's a...

Judge Dredd would've put a bullet in the copper's head for beating the poor lady.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I'm sure there are good cops too this is good one evidently

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

But seems more and more this is the stories that come up most nowadays it is sickening

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

This one is really disturbing

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

Cops are not god in that uniform this is how I feel about it

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

Sadly this is very true

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

Never resist or fight with a cop when he or she is on duty. They don't fight fair. They are bullies.
Suck it up, cooperate, and get them later, one at a time..

Gonzo Gonzo

We have pretty decent cops here in Finland. Certainly, sometimes certain individuals get convicted for crimes, but it's very rare and those cases make big headlines. TV news have been very interested in the trials of former drug cops, who decided to jump to the other side of the fence, since the grass was greener - literally.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

That rowdy could have been easily subdued with three fingers on her wrist. Unfortunately, cops have both the authority and permission by "policy" to do what they did. All you have to do is look at them the wrong way.
It's "OK" because it says so in the manual. There's the real problem.

OldRivers OldRivers

I don't know man. What happened before this clip is very important. The police need to keep control of the situation. Why was the policeman rough on the women when she started walking around I don't know.

Once the woman takes a couple of shots at the policeman though she deserved to be put in her place.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “I don't know man. What happened before this...

Your missing the point I think she was handcuffed and savagely beat while the other idiots just stood around watching. Is that what we need or want out of our police force wearing that uniform does not give them the right to act with impunity just because they think its their right

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “Your missing the point I think she was...

No. The police should not act with impunity. They're not above the law. What the officer did was excessive and he should receive some punishment.

I'm just saying that the woman brought that on herself. She would have been fine if she hadn't assaulted the police officer in the first place.

And yes, another one of the policemen should have intervened.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

What happened prior was not caught on video in its entirety, but a partial video from another officer's dash cam shows her being beaten while being handcuffed as well. Was she fighting them? It appears she was. She did kick at them at least once during the arrest and twice in the sally port. Was she wrong? Yes. Did it require the two beatings delivered to subdue her? No.

By the very nature of their job, police must deal with uncooperative people, some of whom will lash out. Some do so because they are intoxicated, some because they are scared, others have mental disabilities that simply prevent them from assessing the situation in the "I need to obey authority now and seek justice later" frame of mind. Many are two or all three of those. Police should be trained to deal with such people in ways that allow them to control the situation and make the arrest without giving them a free pass to beat the shit out of someone who is not cooperative. It is possible.

https://youtu.be/RLdPH1wMif0

Bozette Bozette

I can top your beating with murder
the cop was found NOT Gulity in court just the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ooa7wOKHhg

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “I can top your beating with murder the cop...

There was another post about that one, chance.
I could only watch it once.
Makes me sick.

Carla Carla

In response to “There was another post about that one...

that girl who tortured the handicapped boy in Chicago walked free

I have zero Trust in the Justice system an those who inforce it.

I never use to be like that

I won't call the cops for nothin

I did see a guy with a knife hanging out of his shoulder blade (victim)

the cop tazed him by accident
**** him up real good

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “that girl who tortured the handicapped boy in...

I have little faith in police.
Ive known many, up close and personal. Mom worked as a dispatcher, she didnt care for most of em much either.
Step dad for a couple of years, before that, (mom divorced him after 2 years) was a police sgt. Piece of shit, he was.

There just isnt much good in people, in general. Takes a special someone to be an honest, caring, effective cop.

The girl who did the filming didnt exactly go free. Been in jail for nearly a year
4 years probation, 200 hours service. No social networking. One infraction, shes off to prison. 19 years old, maybe she will turn it around.

Carla Carla

That's **** up.

Do you know of a reason why the policemen wouldn't just walk up to the guy and handcuff him?

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “That's **** up. Do you know of a reason why...

with 5/6 other cops standing around
I cannot give you a good reason why he wasn't cuffed
these days, thinking maybe Conan's dads words fit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_et1rgL3e5s

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “with 5/6 other cops standing around I cannot...

I was referring to the video you posted.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “I was referring to the video you posted.

I didn't watch it
I read the story, that was sicking enough

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer