For the sake of discussion, let's all assume for a moment there is a hell. After death, what could be hell, or punishment, if you were sent to "hell"?

Eternal burning

StarzAbove

To be buried alive and conscious, motionless, forever.

RichyTheNightshitter

In another life, to be born deaf and blind.

Nobody :(

To be reincarnated as food prey.

OldRivers

To be placed somewhere alive and totally alone.

Jaxxi

To be one of the undead.

Blewynanifail

Other

TrishDW2TiffaneeLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredSunny_the_skepticCarmoZonkeyBallsRooster

VicZincPiper2Darkest_SerenityStarzAboveBlewynanifailCarlaZonkeyBallsRoosterMetal_god14

Explained by OldRivers...

Did you ever wonder why an innocent baby is born with a disability? Personally, I find it hard to believe that a merciful God who loves you and created you and your personality, would sentence anyone to burn for eternity. Maybe a lesson taught in another life would be good enough, so that we don't take our gifts for granted, and use them for good rather than evil. What is "hell" to you?

Already been there! It was called The Green Hell.

Rooster Rooster

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Already been there! It was called The Green Hell.

I dont know how you fellows made it through that, rooster.
Thank you.

Now, about the purple borders around these boxes.....

Carla Carla

In response to “I dont know how you fellows made it through...

Didn't the Vietnamese LIVE there, and make a life? (think)

OldRivers OldRivers OP

In response to “Didn't the Vietnamese LIVE there, and make a...

They did.
But i would reckon putting them up here, where i am, and ask them to fight, would be their hell.

Carla Carla

In response to “They did. But i would reckon putting them up...

Maybe (hmm) , but I don't think the Vietnamese would be arrogant enough to think they can just come into our backyard, unfamiliar with the terrain and weather conditions, and expect to run amok. The Germans made that mistake in WWII. I think the guerrilla fighters would be a little more prepared before they invaded. We're on a different topic.
Sorry. (smile)

OldRivers OldRivers OP

In response to “Maybe (hmm) , but I don't think the...

The arrogance wasnt the fault of those that were ordered in, though.
Their hell was real, and unrequested.

Off topic, maybe. Happens all the time:]

Carla Carla

In response to “The arrogance wasnt the fault of those that...

I know. I remember.

OldRivers OldRivers OP

It would be fair if hell has an individual punishment for each person, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. People are all kinds of freaks, getting burnt or beaten might be enjoyable for some people.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “It would be fair if hell has an individual...

I agree Sunny , Max Clifford a **** offender died in Prison a few days ago and when I was told I said "there is a Special place in Hell for that Scum bag"

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

Never being in the sun.

Carla Carla

My first eight months on amirite was hell....

JD JD

In response to “My first eight months on amirite was hell....

Poor John's grisly tale I know well;
'Twas awfully bad, truth to tell.
 When the trolls would attack,
 He'd yell, midst the flak,
"These Amirite fiends are sheer HELL!" 

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “** Poor John's grisly tale I know...

Most what you say is true
But quite often the air was blue
The trolls came every day
We could not understand what they say
But the leader was a silly old moo..

JD JD

lolz double that and you'd have lost your frickin Mind JD

I'm there

my Sanity has left the building

(hehe)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “lolz double that and you'd have lost your...

It was a bad time and I was ill throughout my mod time, which never helped..

JD JD

I couldn't imagine constantly running for my life, or looking out for predators who will eat me, every second of every day or night. Can you imagine the terror?

OldRivers OldRivers OP

As a Christian, to me, hell is a real place. According to one of the references in the Bible, “the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars–their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur.”

All the politically correctness you can muster won't change what is meant by the description of those destined for hell. They are doomed to eternal separation from God and His holy angels.

Merry Christmas!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “As a Christian, to me, hell is a real place...

Merry Christmas.
I was raised Orthodox Greek Catholic and a Christian, and I sang in the church choir as an adult, where I was a cantor. I know all the jargon.

But I still ask... are not the "cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars" also created by God? So how can a loving and merciful God eternally punish that which he created? Some people are BORN evil. Why?
Another thing...nothing personal (hehe), I can't stand when someone quotes scripture to PROVE heaven and hell. It's like asking Mother Goose if Goldilocks ate the porridge.

Again, we are drifting off topic.

OldRivers OldRivers OP

In response to “Merry Christmas. I was raised Orthodox Greek...

I'm sorry Rivers - I didn't mean to offer scripture as proof of anything other than a portion of my own understanding / belief.

As far as God punishing that which He created - again, MY understanding is that we're ALL sinners - none of us measure up - all of us deserve damnation. Those who believe and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior are the only ones to escape that fate.

So, you were raised Christian and then what? Sounds like you've developed some doubts in your faith.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I'm sorry Rivers - I didn't mean to offer...

Not necessarily.
Even Jesus had doubts. "Father, why hast thou forsaken me?"

OldRivers OldRivers OP

In response to “Not necessarily. Even Jesus had doubts...

You think Jesus' doubted God because of that ?
Who do you think He was talking to?

And what if God had cut Jesus some slack? Made it easier some how, or sent angels to the rescue? Don't you think His crucifixion would have lost some intensity, meaning? He was after all dying for the sins of all people!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “You think Jesus' doubted God because of that...

"Father, why hast thou forsaken me?"
(hmm)
Sounds like doubt to me, and it's even more clear as to who he was talking to.

Anyway, your opinion is that hell is eternal burning. Thanks for answering.

OldRivers OldRivers OP

In response to “//"Father, why hast thou forsaken...

If He doubted God, why do you think He addressed His question to God?

And, you're welcome.

Budwick Budwick

Something similar to trench warfare on the Western Front in WWI.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Cold id my hell and I already live in Maine so it is always cold here.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

I'm a firm believer in Heaven and Hell. And if one goes to Hell it will be an eternal lake of fire, that no one can escape from. Pain beyond belief.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I'm a firm believer in Heaven and Hell. And...

That's the way I was brought up as well. Sounds a tad extreme though, for a loving, forgiving, and merciful God. Isn't it possible that the 'eternal lake of fire' is a symbol of something else? Some other form of after life punishment.
OR, maybe true evil is created by Satan, and in the end, he gets back that which he created? I'm not disagreeing with you. Just interested in everyone's thoughts.I know you said "firm".(smile)

OldRivers OldRivers OP

In response to “That's the way I was brought up as well...

I am a firm believer, but it clearly states in the Bible that if one doesn't believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, they will be cast in the lake of fire. But if one doesn't believe then that's their choice.

Yes, God is a merciful God, but he has given us free choice, and I'm sure what we do makes him very unhappy. I've often wondered why some have led such miserable lives, babies abused, but again, that's not for me to judge.

And you're right, evil is created by Satan, and he wants all of us he can get. Also, this is just something I've wondered about, maybe it's Satan that has caused all the misery in this world....just my opinion.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

perhaps,we are all in HELL right now...

RECRUIT RECRUIT

In response to “perhaps,we are all in HELL right now...

Perhaps..

DW2 DW2

To be separated from God and have no way to find Him. Like stuck in outer space, or a huge vast blackness all alone...for eternity

Jaxxi Jaxxi

I Pray to God that there is a Hell

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

Heaven and Hell is right here on Earth.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Hell is repitition.

DW2 DW2

And ok. For the sake of discussion. Hell for an immortal soul? Does a lake of fire and eternal burning sound legit? I personally think being confined in a too small box with nothing but 5 glow in the dark marbles for eternity would be just as bad. I guess the important part is the “for all eternity” part of it. Being stuck in traffic with no AC, on a hot day with only one radio station that plays 1990s gangster rap “for all eternity”. I would hope any God wouldn’t be that cruel. Though I could be wrong. :).

DW2 DW2

I think I'm in Hell already.

My soul seems to think so.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls