StarzAboveZonkeyBallsRoosterMetal_god14
If you want this site to die, then pull the plug already. Don't let it limp along.

I don't get it. We we first joined this site it was on life support, and we revived it. But now the ailment has returned. We are losing members, by the car load every damn week, and have been for over a year. We finally have some great moderators on here, but they haven't been made a super mod yet, so there is only so much they can do. How does a site even fail? Are too many people being kicked off, or too few? Is it coming from the top through mismanagement and bad decisions, or has it's time finally come? I mean Soda Head had to finally throw in the towel. There have only been three new threads posted today, and for a large site that is depressing.

It's been very slow lately. I feel that the regular posters are tired of being the only ones asking the questions. If people want this site to survive, everyone should participate in asking the questions. Also when a post only garners a couple replies, why bother? I've been pretty busy lately, but I do check in now and again.....

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I believe that when SodaHead closed, this site had an opportunity to bring in loads of the SH members. Some of the old Amiriters didn't care for the newbies because rather than just being a question and answer site, SHers made it an opinion site which, naturally, gave way to some people leaving. That, coupled with first a complete lack of moderation to an over-moderation with more bias than healthy, led to other really good and interesting members to leave. At one point, virtually every new member was labelled a troll or sock and removed. Comments were deleted or re-written by moderators and no one is going to spend much time contributing their thoughts only to have them deleted or edited.

Linnster Linnster

It is dying due to everything you mentioned but I don't think too many people are being kicked off. More of a case of too many people being turned off the site and leaving or simply never posting.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I have noticed an absence of members, but then again this site has always been on the slow side. For some silly reason management seems to like it that way.

dru18 dru18

There are a lot of posts on here that are causing friction and tenseness among everyone I won't mention them but I'm sure most of us know which ones they are. New people join see bunch of people arguing over something dumb and think I don't want to be part of this site

Metal_god14

In response to “There are a lot of posts on here that are...

I have signed on and then right back out more than once before saying a word. Not a good sign.

MonaLea

In response to “I have signed on and then right back out more...

Keep an eye on the advertisement. If that starts to dwindle, start playing Taps.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Keep an eye on the advertisement. If that...

Or use AdBlock Plus, like most of the civilized people do.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

You just wrote... Hang on... Do articles count?

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

People should lighten up and joke around more! Marianne and Starzabove's long jokes make the site more fun and enjoyable. People come, people go. All of these sites are kind of slow right now. The only thing I edit once in a while is spelling and just as a favor. Hang in there!

Rooster Rooster

I can't find anything better tried answercup (can't say it with xxx on the end) and found it hard to sort through the posts. Nothing I've ever found compares to sodahead. I'd certainly like to see more members here.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “I can't find anything better tried answercup...

You are right about Soda Head. There was usually at least sixty people on at one time. Fef really did create something unique.

dru18 dru18

In response to “You are right about Soda Head. There was...

I just found this place today. It seems okay so far: https://www.quora.com/# It links with your facebook so you don't have to really set anything up.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “I just found this place today. It seems okay...

Thank you, I will give it a whirl. :)

dru18 dru18

It's slower than ever since I first joined a year and a half ago, and it's disappointing. It takes days now for questions to move from Page 1 to Page 2. It didn't used to be like that.

I think Q&A sites in general are dying. People aren't interested anymore.

Thibault Thibault

In response to “It's slower than ever since I first joined a...

I agree with you about these sites being on the way out. I have the attention span of a gnat to begin with so it's not in me to stay plugged in anywhere tbh.
There are a few cool people here, but also have come across some that are incredibly rude and aggressive. Who needs that? The site seriously lacks diversity and really good discussion type topics.

MonaLea

In response to “I agree with you about these sites being on...

Give me a topic mona...then let's talk about it:)

Carla Carla

In response to “Give me a topic mona...then let's talk about it:)

I warn you. Intelligent topics might confused the "right" people. (hehe)

MonaLea

In response to “I warn you. Intelligent topics might...

Some may have "left" me confused, too. But i would dive in anyway:)

Carla Carla

Intelligent like in the terms of where we are with the development of the fusion energy power plants? Or how would you compare Shakespeare to the modern literature? There are many forms and ideologies behind intelligence, but which ones would you prefer personally?

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Intelligent like in the terms of where we are...

If i can provide input or learn from others, any and all subjects.

Carla Carla

I admit that I deactivated my account for two months (from September to November) because I started seeing barrages of mediocre political questions and general stupidity. When mediocrity reigns, I'm no longer interested.

Thibault Thibault

In response to “I admit that I deactivated my account for two...

Define mediocrity in this context, please.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Define mediocrity in this context, please.

To me, it refers to people who show through their questions that they're not interested in any actual discussion or exchange of thought, people who are only posting memes and soundbytes, who may act like they want to hear others' opinions, but only want a high-five from those they already agree with. These are questions where I know that if I respond, I'll either be ignored, insulted, or blocked. At the time I deactivated, those kinds of mediocre, one-sided, low-caliber questions were dominating the homepage.

Thibault Thibault

In response to “To me, it refers to people who show through...

I agree. It's weird, I mean, you think this site site is about to die? Well, **** off. We are just about to start off.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

My experience of Q+A sites-and I am/have been on a few is that people prefer to answer rather than ask.Thinking of questions isn't easy-which is why I pinch them from other places.Other sites suffer from a lack,of questions but not people willing to answer them.A seniors site I'm on does quite well but I stay away from the serious stuff by enlarge.You won't find me asking a serious question.

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

In response to “My experience of Q+A sites-and I am/have been...

Does your cat ever have **** with the mice? And who is the bottom, if that happens?

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Does your cat ever have **** with the mice?...

That will remain a secret

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Who would have thought that me leaving the moderator seat would have had such a profound effect?
(eyes)(maniac)

Budwick Budwick

The site has gone through lulls the whole time I've been here. THIS one has admittedly gone on longer than usual. I do not think controversial posts and people being 'deleted' just because certain people find them offensive, is conducive to an active opinion site.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “The site has gone through lulls the whole...

I agree. If that were the case SH would have been down to about 10 people.

dru18 dru18

In response to “I agree. If that were the case SH would have...

Ha! That might be just a tad exaggerated, Dru. ;)

Piper2 Piper2

I collect people's ears in a jar.

Wait, did I actually write that? Shit...

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “What ears?

A good point, actually. So far, I find myself unable to answer to such q... Ouch. No. What...

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “A good point, actually. So far, I find myself...

Doing your best to rot that liver, arent you, marko?

Carla Carla

In response to “Doing your best to rot that liver, arent you...

Actually, my doctor called yesterday.

He said my liver wasn't nearly as bad as he had thought it would be. If I stopped drinking, I could live to the far end of my cancer. Perhaps beyond, assuming the drugs they give me will work.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Actually, my doctor called yesterday. He...

If...
Big word.

Carla Carla

In response to “If... Big word.

Well, it is.

Addictions are bitches to live with.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Well, it is. Addictions are bitches to live with.

I know, marko
I was a long time opiod user. Almost 20 years, man.
High doses, prescribed. But a true addiction, nonetheless.
In the end, it took 11 days of rehab to get off of them without putting out my own light.
If i can do that, you certainly can too.

Carla Carla

In response to “I know, marko I was a long time opiod user...

I was three months sober and it didn't help.

I'm pretty much ****.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I was three months sober and it didn't...

If you went three months, then it became a mental thing. Takes strength. I never wish to go back to that constant fog.
You just have to realize that your drinking is slow suicide. And marko, you have your music, my friend. That alone is something to live for.
I wish i had an artistic outlet. You have a talent. You are drowning that.
If you're **, you are ** yourself.
I know that sounds harsh, i dont mean it to be. Look what that shit has done to you. Not one good thing.

Carla Carla

Want an answer to your question? Go to pissedconsumer dot com.

Gun Gun

In response to “Want an answer to your question? Go to...

Hey, it's a real place! And, thee are really pissed people commenting.
I'll bet you a buck that no one that could / would make improvements will take a look though.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Hey, it's a real place! And, thee are really...

Right, they just send a minion to make smart **** comments and post "form letter" responses.

Gun Gun

just keep it up so I can talk to Tiff Starz Ser etc and post silly stuff like Egg salad or just plain egg?

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet