Where You're Are

• Topics:LifeAims
  • Featured on the home page on Jan 5th 2018
  • Post Of The Day on Dec 14th 2017

FreerangerCarlaPhilboydStudgeZonkeyBallsWill_JanitorJamesTrish

Nobody :)

PhilboydStudgeBudwickAdaWill_JanitorCarlaZonkeyBallsRoosterMetal_god14
Where You're Are

Explained by Freeranger...

I believe its time to set a table. I'm sitting here in my computer room right now on a late Autumn afternoon watching large floaty flakes give themselves up to my fields while it's other paratroops alight atop firs bordering them. How idyllic. As a Freeranger (one who wanders physically and mentally), the visual mesmerizes me, as do clever/intelligent conversation, art, and music. I began to transport myself in to multiple thoughts....chiefly among them (for today at least) a response to a thread recently published which sorta clutched me. It's author commented on a dwindling Amirite census while comparing to it, our never ending lament about Soda Head [okay....raises hand}...and along with that vibe, I naturally began to assess the number of friends(casualties?) out there somewhere, taken from us, which we will never be allowed to recover. On a personal note, I especially despise the fact that in many cases, I can no longer remember the names. And, so naturally that thought project toward "websites emulating life." Isn't that just like life to take some person from us? Following our respective losses, we arise, adjust, adapt. We get up....and move forward again, lost among our collective thoughts within the recesses of our mind until.......life goes weeding again. I find that....if there is a commonality among our respective angst it's that we lose those whose fabric we have been given a thread space to become a piece of....even though, within the next sentence, life again, interrupting, detaches us from a larger fabric we know little of.....be it our national or international friends in which, that for brief time....we were privileged to live vicariously through those members bold enough to leave their personal door ajar just long enough for some one of us to take a temporary (if voyeuristic) trip in to their kitchen....to find out who they really are, and where their passions lie. And to this end, as my sun goes down, .....I have this wholly voluntary thread in which you....the member can participate. As Freeranger, yah...I'm totally unrepentant. You will have to come out from behind your screen name personnae to reveal yourself through photograph(s) that "you" have taken which represents you and that, which surrounds you, and more importantly from somewhere near where you live. I promise, this is not about trying to track anyone.....this is more about community. The idea is that of a pen pal. Simply pass by if it's not for you. There is one caveat. If you offer some cheap fantasy or stock photo I will downgrade you with a thumbs down like the brand of the Scarlet Letter. You go immediately the marginalized pile. This thread is intended to show those who are still here......whom those who still travel among you "are." I will lead off, so as to provide a template and perhaps an encouragement? I hope you'll join me. Cheers I find that THE one commonality among these (including moi) is that I'm interested in people and their opinions both nationally and internationally.....and that someone from Maine could find a common embrace with someone from Kansas or......Norway. What I have learned is that, the people we come to know, love, and respect become like so many grains of sand that, are with us for a moment before, like an ebb tide, are drawn back out to sea and deposited on a sea hundreds of miles away. We are allowed at times, a short window in our lives to embrace each other only for a season. For me personally, I just want to lie on a warm blanket, with a few close friends here and experience the sound of the sea, while the lazy cry of the gull circles overhead. Here, as with other sites, I think it IS necessary that we protect what we share in public for all the reasons we understand and yet......."here" we only know each other from the visual we post with our pen name. So, this is my challenge, if you choose to accept. You must take your phone, or your camera, and post a photograph of that place that you frequent.....that place where you go to find your peace or center. You will NOT be allowed to use a photograph that someone else has taken. This comes from you and yes, I will start with my own. Should you violate the request, I will downgrade you. It goes without saying that if the conditions don't appeal to you, keep walking amigo. I'm just looking to get a mil beyond the veneer. Cheers

Early Christmas morning in my living room

Freeranger Freeranger OP

Freeranger Freeranger OP

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5a3053d9dd9...

Lovely.
I envy you the coast.

Carla Carla

In response to “Lovely. I envy you the coast.

If I know anything about myself, it's that I will forever keep myself near the sea.

Freeranger Freeranger OP

In response to “If I know anything about myself, it's that I...

I certainly should have listened to my inner self. But i ignored her and came back here. I miss the atlantic more than i can express.

Carla Carla

In response to “I certainly should have listened to my inner...

well then, until you make other conscious decisions...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fahr069-fzE

Freeranger Freeranger OP

In response to “well then, until you make other conscious...

A beautiful gift. Thank you

Carla Carla

You have to look at my avatar, as i cannot post photos. But...go to my profile, all of the photos there are from my personal space. The new avatar, i took 5 minutes ago out my back window. Not going back out today, my firewood is in, and im warm.

Fine post, by the way:)

Carla Carla

In response to “You have to look at my avatar, as i cannot...

thanks for posting Carla. My intent, is that this particular post will be THE one in which everyone will feel brave enough to come from behind their facade's and expose where, and who they are.

Freeranger Freeranger OP

In response to “thanks for posting Carla. My intent, is that...

Well free, im carla and im in northern michigan.

Carla Carla

In response to “Well free, im carla and im in northern michigan.

where have a large woodpile is important right now. ;)

Freeranger Freeranger OP

In response to “where have a large woodpile is important...

It is. To the right of my photo is my woodshed. I have about 10 cords left. Ive burned 4. Hoping it will get me through as i hate cutting wood in the snow.

Carla Carla

Usually it's my humble abode..

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Usually it's my humble...

Beautiful sunset...

Carla Carla

conjours up Field of Dreams a little

Freeranger Freeranger OP

Love the garden I can sit and think....

JD JD

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5a3079fed5a...

Your lawn looks perfect, jd. Plush.
Im thinking i could sleep on it:)

Carla Carla

In response to “Your lawn looks perfect, jd. Plush. Im...

When I've been naughty, I have to, hehe

JD JD

I don't post my place very much for security reasons, with the snow piling up do to my plow, here have a peek

it's been 3 winters since my beagle (princess) was killed an half eaten by a wolf. thinking it's time for a new 4 legger
I been doing much reading on Caucasin Mountian Shepard
bred for Bear hunting, the Russian prison system uses them as well

think "Big Dog" is a proper name I would think so

Dogs
while they are a part of our lives
we are all of their lives

Tonight
DEC 12 Cloudy
--8°

Wed
DEC 13 AM Snow Showers
21°12°

looking alot like Christmas outside
quiete & peaceful , some of the best presents

smoked close to 85 pounds of meat
all kinds of sausage an hams

I started in late October
now, I need wrapping paper an bows

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “I don't post my place very much for security...

The picture of the dog looks a lot like a dog my mother gave me, only he was a lot blacker. I never heard of the Caucasian Mountain Shepard but he is almost a dead ringer for our long gone "The Big Bopper."
85 lbs of smoked meat should see you through the winter?

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “The picture of the dog looks a lot like a dog...

85 pounds, all gifts

hasn't been a good season for trapping
what can I do.... what can I do....

ohh I know, feed people
food is a great gift

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

I really enjoy it when you just talk about your life, chance.
Beautiful dog and if you are able to find one, a fine moniker.
People on your gift list must dig christmastime.

Sorry about your beagle. Wolves just do what comes natural. That makes it no easier.

Carla Carla

In response to “I really enjoy it when you just talk about...

Wolves have their place in nature
nature is not 8 feet from my backdoor

it's 20 yards

food is a good gift
people can do without a lot of stuff
food isn't on that list

last batch done tonight
summer sausage

see the far left an far right
smooth as they supposeto be
not wrinkled ,one gets wrinkles if not filled right or bathed proper

still goodeating :)

I don't do Dextrose or other chemicals
prague salt an smoking

maybe I should make some fancy packaging an sell the stuff

anyways

Merry Christmas
to you & yours

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

Very cool!

I love big dogs.. always wanted a Newfy myself. My wife hates dogs, and has several practical reasons for us not owning one. I lose.

The neighbors always has dogs, and that's a consolation.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Very cool!...

Phil - If THAT'S the kind of dog you're trying to get, then your wife is certainly your better half.

Don't get me wrong - I love dogs. That one is cartoon size though! I'm glad you can appreciate your neighbors dog.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Very cool!...

not so fast Phil.....now lean back and contemplate cleaning dog shat off your lawn every other day the size of small poodles.
Always a silver lining.....

Freeranger Freeranger OP

I'm drunk.

I might be a human being. Also a witch, which is why I'm roasted alive.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

A bold idea Ranger!
Here's a picture of me working in the back yard. It's my favorite place on Earth.

It's snow covered now. That picture was taken in early summer months.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “A bold idea Ranger! Here's a picture of me...

Nice Bud! You do the gardening? That bed is spectacular.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Nice Bud! You do the gardening? That bed is...

Thanks Phil!
Mr's Budwick and I actually share the gardening duties.

Here's another garden a bit closer to the house. This one doesn't include me or Mrs. Budwick though.

Budwick Budwick

Lovely yard, bud.
Hey....what happened to the comments between us on jds post?

Carla Carla

In response to “Lovely yard, bud. Hey....what happened to the...

I don't know!
Were we being nice? That could have pissed someone off!
Thanks for the compliment. It's buried in snow right now. The pups love it though.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I don't know! Were we being nice? That could...

Mine are little, go out and come back in covered in snowballs clinging to the curly hair on their bellies and legs. Dry and warm up, then go right back out and do it again:)
I see you have a large area of fenced in yard, too. It is the only way to go. That and a doggy door.

I came on and saw a notification from you, went to read it and its all gone.:(
Im not appreciating that. We have had very combative conversations with insults flying that have stood. I am confused....

Carla Carla

In response to “Mine are little, go out and come back in...

I'm sorry something got deleted.
It was probably something sweet and mushy cuz, ... you know, ... it's that time of year, ... and the odds of actually being charged with sexual harassment online seems kind of remote.

Seriously though, I don't know.

Budwick Budwick

I just looked and I still see 'em.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I just looked and I still see 'em.

I will go back...
Maybe they were returned

Carla Carla

On my end all of our communication is gone.

Carla Carla

In response to “On my end all of our communication is gone.

Hmmm - which post are we talking about?
Use PM if you feel more secure that way.

Budwick Budwick

okay....so back to my original intent. Just to be redundant, it doesn't have to be your home.....it could be that oceanfront walk (in my case) or path....or someplace you hang out that would help someone here visualize the places that you like to hang out that sorta fleshes out "you."

I'll share just a couple more that I like.
These next photos are the closest that I will ever come to a Monet, only that, I used a camera. I can only imagine what a Monet would have done with it.....and the muted Autumn colors in this ancient orchard, who's trees still bear fruit. I gather them when I come out of the woods from hunting. They taste like no other.

turning 180 from the field, the farm track that leads down the lane in to the oaks.

I am also blessed to be near to the sea......where I work Summers.

Anyway.....keep posting yourselves and the places that make you...."you."

Freeranger Freeranger OP