Is this a good way to save endangered  animals?

Piper2TiffaneeWill_JanitorBlewynanifailCarlaRoosterSynysterGatesMetal_god14RichyTheNightshitterSweetater
Is this a good way to save endangered animals?

Explained by LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred...

I always feel for animals being butchured for a horn or a tusk. This link shows a way people are trying to put an end to oriental lust for these horns. http://www.mintpressnews.com/biotech-firm-creates-fake-rhino-horn-to-flood-chinese-market-reducing-demand-for-poaching/208292/

It sounds worth a try.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Any effort is a good effort. The only problem with creating something fake is it might drive up the price for the real thing. Making poachers risk more for their prize.

Carla Carla

In response to “Any effort is a good effort. The only problem...

Perhaps but they will never know so will have to stop buying. I hope

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred OP

In response to “Perhaps but they will never know so will have...

As i said..any effort is a good effort.

Carla Carla

The thing is the buyer will never know which he buys so it is a worthless purchas.

I don't know, but it's surely an interesting experiment in the quest to stop the sickening slaughter.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I don't know, but it's surely an...

Yes you see it. Let us hope it works

I consider it murder.

RichyTheNightshitter RichyTheNightshitter

In response to “I consider it murder.

Yes it is, those big animals have brains feelings and if we understood them they could be considered as beings rather than animals

Put big guys with big guns near them that shoot any trespassers on sight

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Put big guys with big guns near them that...

Some places do that, humans always more concerned with themselves growing chopping and destroying the land see these wonders as pest more than anything else. I would like to be a guard for them.

Something like this.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

I'm all about saving animals. I'm not hopeful for trying to introduce a look a like substitute though.

World wide, vicious disdain for **** holes bent on killing innocent, beautiful animals might work. Same treatment for those that sport fur coats, alligator shoes, peacock feathered hats, jewelry and trinkets with ivory. Give 'em no mercy - just loud disdain. For the murderers themselves, personally, I'd feed 'em to the hyenas, so maybe let calmer people figure that out.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I'm all about saving animals. I'm not...

See, bud.
The ground we have in common, is solid.

Carla Carla

In response to “See, bud. The ground we have in common, is solid.

I know Carla. I think it's pretty cool when that happens. And it feels like we're equally passionate on those things we agree on.

It's a Christmas Miracle!

Budwick Budwick

Budwick, it isn't for the look, it is usually made into powders they eat for sexual potency. Gosh those guys must really have BIG problems in the bedroom (puke)

In response to “Budwick, it isn't for the look, it is usually...

If that's the case an easy fix might be to get these impotent bastards some Viagra.

Budwick Budwick

Bud I agree there seems to be no end to the killing. Those countries that want the horns are not under our control, they are still killing whales for god's sake. Personally I have no hatred of the Orientals/Asians, even though my dad hated them for WW2 crimes. Yet I am finding I do not like them at all because of their lust for killing animals.

This was one of the more interesting posts I've seen here in a while. While I don't know if the idea will work (And I hope it does), the implication of creating artificial yet "real" products is fascinating. I think the key to this will be in keeping the price "close" but just under, the black market price for the real thing to maintain the illusion of the buyer getting what they want, while making it easier to get. The high risk for poachers will remain the same and hopefully, the profit margin will go down to the point where it isn't worth the risk anymore.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

YES let us hope that will happen. Greedy things will gobble it up - if only they could poison it all and do away with the buyers
(chew)

Yes have human beings stop meddling in the natural balance of the world in my opinion

Metal_god14 Metal_god14

In response to “Yes have human beings stop meddling in the...

OH YES humans need to just be gone. I expect humans will kill themselves off within the next thousand years. Hopefully all fly to mars and leave the world to the animals after all.

In response to “OH YES humans need to just be gone. I...

My son had a friend who created a list in HS of all the people he was going to take to the moon with him when he blew up the world.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “My son had a friend who created a list in HS...

Kinda spooky for a kid to think that way.

In response to “Kinda spooky for a kid to think that way.

Tell me about it. My son met him in college years later..<s> (One of those kids who did calculus for fun.) He turned out pretty good though. He was from a tiny town.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

It sounds worth a try.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Not sure.

Despite the fact that it's now possible to make truly great looking fake fur, people still use tiger, leopard, and many others, for coats, rugs, throws, and upholstery.

Ditto crocodile and snakeskin for handbags, shoes, belts, etc...

Chris_PHAET_Demon Chris_PHAET_Demon

Yes Chris, we no longer have the need for animal skins to keep warm. I can't even touch animal skins as in a coat it makes me all itchy, it is very messy also, hairs falling out and such. (hug)