Why is it guys building a house have no concern whatsoever, about the volume of the boom box they brought, on the neighbors?

Well, they're only there for a little while...

Nobody :(

Well, they're there to do a job...

TrishVicZincThedudeyouhatetomeet

Well, they really don't give a shit about anything but getting their check...

SynysterGates

Well, putting a .45 round through the boom box may change that...

OzSurferGunPartyOfOneZonkeyBalls

Other

PhilboydStudge

OzSurferprimeiroZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGatesDar

It's very much a cultural thing here too, they turn up next door to start builidng at 6:00am and on goes the music. I guess they think it's not as loud as all their power tools. One benefit with them is that they've all gone but 4pm so you get a peaceful evening and good sleep up until about 5:30am. If you worked night shift, you'd be wrecked though.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I don't mind the boom box, as long as the music is in English.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

When building the house next to ours the workers left an electrical chord plugged into our outdoor electrical outlet. Of course they never asked for permission.

It was a decent outdoor chord though so we thought it was a fair trade. (wink)

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “When building the house next to ours the...

The same thing happened to me. I just flipped the breaker for that outlet.
It would be funny to run a 240V line to that outlet, while keeping the 120V socket. Hey, you want free power? Here you go!

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet

not living in a city/town or village

I not have that problem
I do like loud music in the truck
it seems to cleanse the soul after visiting a populated place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F73EcycGCO8

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

It's just noisy in general, living in a new development, due to the constant construction all around you. I live in an old neighbourhood and a nearby house was torn down and re-built, and while the noise didn't bother me, the hassle did. I could never live in a place where that's constantly going on in the entire neighbourhood.
If it wasn't the music, it would have been the power tools.... and hey, music helps the work go faster. Imagine if you couldn't listen to music at work.

They will never hear it coming from my Lapua Magnum snipey-snipey....

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I don't imagine construction work is particularly glamorous, and it's hard on the body, but someone has to do it. I grew up in a wealthy neighborhood, and it's the lower-classes who build all those mansions everyone lives in. So I can't fault them for wanting a little music to go along with the labor.

Thibault Thibault

Probably because they are deaf from all the machinery during construction.

SynysterGates SynysterGates