FCC Chairman Mocks Those Concerned About the Repeal of 2015 Net Neutrality  Regulations

Piper2

Nobody :)

PhilboydStudgeVicZincTiffaneeOzSurferWill_JanitorRoosterSynysterGatesMetal_god14
FCC Chairman Mocks Those Concerned About the Repeal of 2015 Net Neutrality Regulations

Explained by Piper2...

I don't know about you guys, but I do not "gram" my food, or share selfies online. Not even with cute animals. I've read a LOT about the supposed pros and cons of this latest deregulation, and I'm still not entirely sure how "bad" or "good" it might be.

let's try this
was the Net broke before obama?.... NO
example.... Amazon a company built from the invention called the worldwidweb

net neutrality was not about being neutral, it was about Government control
what you mean you ask

say this site get's less traffic then ****
well that's just not fair is it

what was needed was more Regulation right?
to balance the playing of traffic
why?

did you hate your ISP 2 years ago? 5 years ago?
well you are still feel to hate them

cable is dying....streaming is the future

you can order something from Amazon, have it arrivein a week or overnight. just not fair some choose to PAY more for overnight then wait aweek

everyone deserves overnight right?
WE DEMAND OVERNIGHT shipping be free for all!
sounds rather stupid because Life just isn't fair

more regulation = less competition

when government expands
freedom contracts

the Left is all about Control

control what you search for
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/google...stions-1541488

I don't do the google smoogle

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

If this does what everyone says it will do it is nothing but bad. For one thing a lot of websites that you have been going to for years will no longer be free. Forget about free speech, forget about being able to choose what news you see and what you don't and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “If this does what everyone says it will do it...

Not everyone, but I do have some concern about behemoth internet service providers and 'entities', taking advantage of this recent deregulation.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

Our government represents the donors who get them re-elected - not the people! This much should be clear to everyone. There's no call for them to be flippant and insulting about it.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

let's try this
was the Net broke before obama?.... NO

what you mean you ask

well that's just not fair is it

to balance the playing of traffic
why?

well you are still feel to hate them

everyone deserves overnight right?

more regulation = less competition

when government expands
freedom contracts

the Left is all about Control

control what you search for

I don't do the google smoogle

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “let's try this was the Net broke before...

what was your point this whole time? you just asked a bunch of questions, answered them weirdly then got angry about the left political wing and google... and this site gets WAY less traffic than ** and doesn't deserve what ** has earned in any sort of way.

also google doesn't cater to the left, it caters to whatever is searched most often so people can more easily find the questions they're most likely to ask. That dumb article didn't cross check the results for bing's or yahoo's suggestions (neither of which reflect the most common searches for the specific searched terms, but rather recommend things somewhat similar to what you type). If you wanna change google's search suggestions, search terms you want to see. Youtube kevjumba told all his fans to search "Is kevjumba a heterosexual bear wrestler?" and it was the first suggestion for the word "is" for years.

Skr3wBall Skr3wBall

In response to “what was your point this whole time? you just...

You'll discover after a while that most of his posts are useless in the extreme.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “You'll discover after a while that most of...

you find my posts usless in the extreme

why say that

because I have a different point of view?

let's test your point of view

this Son of ****
I don't have enough bad words to describe him

what's your point of view concerning the slickwillie

booted from Oxfordfor Rape

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “you find my posts usless in the extreme why...

No, because your comments are so poorly written that they make no sense.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “No, because your comments are so poorly...

poorly written
what are you, some sort of spelling Nazi?

can just amagine what your complaint would be if I type in my native tongue

Nossinaw wau-kwing e-bi-yon au-pe-gwish ki-tchi-twaw-wend-aming

ki-daw-no-zo-win, au-pe-gish pi-daw-gwi-shi-no-maw-gok

ki-do-gimaw-o-win, eni-daw-mon au-pe-gish izhi-wa-bawk, ti-bish-ko

wau-kwining migo kaie au-king. Me-zhi-shi-nong nongo au-gi-zhi-gawk nin

baw-kwe-zhi-gaw-ni-mi-naw menik e-you-yong en-daw-so ki-zhi-gok.

Po-ni-gi-tay-taw-wi-shi-nong kaie kaw-nish ki-i-nangi ti-bish-kou

ezhi-poni-gi-day-taw-wou-gi-dwaw kaw-nishki-i-yo-mindjig, ke-go kaie

izhi-wi-zhe-shi-kong-gay kaw-gwe-tibandji-gay-wi-ning, au-tchi-tchaw-yi-ing

dansh etaw ini-naw-maw-wi-shi-nong maw-tchaw-yi-e-wish. Kin maw-ki-daw-yon

o-gi-maw-owin, mawsh-kaw-wi-si-win kaie pi-shi-gain-daw-go-si-win,

kaw-ge-gay-kaw-mig au-pi-nay dash kaie-e-go kaw-gi-nig.

Amen.

Doe's the Lord's Prayer
make sense to you now?

I could do postings of stories
I was told as a child, the story is not the important part, it's the lesson hidden within the story.

an you would still find fault somehow

tell me something Linnster

you find this to be a Truism

one cannot mix - n -match people
to their liking

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

Net neutrality is not govt control. I don't know where you guys get this stuff from. It's govt protection from corporate censorship. The FCC just gave control of the Internet to the mainstream media.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “Net neutrality is not govt control. I don't...

Net neutrality is not govt control
that's all it was ment to be
Control

you can agrue all you want
won't change what net neutrality was all about

I read the tech blogs
something I notice with the Millennials
they have no common sense

how's that obaamacare working out?
same damn thing

Control

the left are control freaks

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “Net neutrality is not govt control that's all...

You'll need to do some research if you want to discuss this because it's clear you don't know what neutrality means or what a title 2 common carrier is.

Millenials have no common sense? Is that an excuse?

Obamacare? Really?

RW policy is turning this country into a Fascist , third world dump and the right either can't or won't see it.
Now they can plug the final hole in the propaganda bucket. Repeal of neutrality gives corporate media total information control.

urwutuis urwutuis

Nah, not "broke". I do believe there were legitimate concerns leading up to the 2015 Title 2 regulations, however. It remains to be seen what impact repealing them will have.

This issue has nothing to do with anyone demanding overnight shipping.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “Nah, not "broke". I do believe...

overnight shipping piper I USED an an EXAMPLE only

try this
when you pimplefacedteenager going to buy your first car

was the low end cars or the high end of cars?

I paid 500.00 for my first truck
it had a blown engine, body was in perfect condition
less then a year on the tires

the guy who owned it
he changes trucks like you change underwear

in other words, he got money to buy stuff
while me an my dad rebuilt an engine

that's how life is
Net neutrality would not equal the playing field called life

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “overnight shipping piper I USED an an EXAMPLE...

I'm just about positive that no one has claimed, or thought, that the repealed 2015 regulations would "equal the playing field called life".

Piper2 Piper2 OP

you are free to use the google smoogle

How Google AdSense Censors the News | The American Conservative

Is Google trying to censor news it deems "inappropriate" for public consumption?That's what the editors of several news websites are asking after recent tussles ...

Google Is the World's Biggest Censor and Its Power Must Be ...

How did Google become the internet's censor and master manipulator, blocking access to millions of websites?

Jim Kouri -- Proof: Google Censors Conservative and Pro-Trump ...

PROOF: GOOGLE CENSORS CONSERVATIVE AND PRO-TRUMP ARTICLES . By NWV Senior Political News Writer, Jim Kouri March 31, 2016

Censorship by Google - Wikipedia

Censorship by Google is Google's removal or omission of information from its services or those of its subsidiary companies, such as YouTube, in order to comply with ...

of course everyone is Wrong while you are right.... rite?

that was the First time in a very long time that I clicked on
Wikipedia

there is river in the Philppines
the Olongopo
it has a nickname.... shitriver

anything and everything can an will be found in the shitriver
the internet is much like the Olongopo

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

I'm amused by the implication that without net neutrality we'll only be able to do 7 things online

DWF DWF

I definitely see the possibility for issues but there's two reasons why it might be possible that things may not turn out too badly for the average consumer... and i'm no expert at all, this is just an observation.

One is that before net neutrality laws, the internet was pretty much run the way it is now so maybe the ISP's don't want to start making certain sites "user pay". But then who knows what may have transpired in their business plan since then? or who is really pushing an agenda and for what purpose?

The other thing is that assuming all the ISP's start to really mess with consumer services in the way some have said could happen, surely one enterprising ISP would offer a "net neutrality" package which means open use as there currently is now. They would clean up and all the other ISP's would lose business.

Hopefully it won't develop into something as bad as predicted.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I definitely see the possibility for issues...

How many cable companies do you have access to?

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “How many cable companies do you have access to?

There's about 15 that I can think of, but probably more smaller ones.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “There's about 15 that I can think of, but...

You have 15 cable companies to choose from? That's hard to believe because most places have one. Do you have 15 cables coming into your house?

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “You have 15 cable companies to choose from?...

We used to only have one, but a few years ago the Government deregulated the industry now they're everywhere. No there's only one cable per house hold... only needs to be. All the providers connect to a local node then whoever you choose gets access to your specific cable from that node.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “We used to only have one, but a few years ago...

Interesting. Where I am there is no choice.
I was considering the possibility of organizing locals to get a community ISP.
I heard they did it in Chattanooga and it's supposedly cheaper and faster.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “Interesting. Where I am there is no choice...

It sounds like a great idea if you are able to do that. I thought that the US had over 400 cable internet providers? I must look that up again, but I thought that there was heaps of competition? If so, you'd only need one of those to decide to keep the internet service the way it is now and they'll get a lot of business. But definitely a community (not for profit) ISP would be ideal to have anywhere if it could set up.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “It sounds like a great idea if you are able...

Where I live I have 2 choices for internet and one is satellite and is very slow.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Where I live I have 2 choices for internet...

Wow, I would have thought that in the US you guys would have so many choices. How come other companies don't start up there and offer competition? You will really need that if the changes to net neutrality have an adverse effect.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Wow, I would have thought that in the US you...

Only in and around the cities do you have choices. In country areas choices are very limited so of course that can charge whatever they want because you have no choice.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Only in and around the cities do you have...

Yes I see, that makes sense. In fact it's the same here in remote areas and often some can only get very slow satellite internet which is also expensive. Small towns like I'm in have quite a few choices but as you said, cities are the best place to live for internet choice and speed.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Yes I see, that makes sense. In fact it's...

I have good speeds now but it wasn't always that way.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I have good speeds now but it wasn't always...

That's good to hear. Our speeds used to be terrible but recently the Government invested 50 Billion upgrading the connecting infrastructure for the ISP's to use, so it's pretty reasonable now.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In other words you have one.
I don't even have cable. I'm about 1/2 mile from where it ends so I'm satellite and it sucks. I know what being throttled is all about.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “In other words you have one. I don't even...

Yup!

You either pay for it or go without.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

There are a lot but almost all are owned by one of six conglomerates. There is no competition.

I've heard Europe has faster speeds at lower cost

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “There are a lot but almost all are owned by...

Ah I see. Yes I’ve heard that too about Europe. They also have the advantage of a small physical land mass compared to the US and Australia. The main problem with speeds is that it decreases the further away a house is from the transmission point, unless you have fibre optic cable to your home but that’s expensive and most of us don’t have that

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Ah I see. Yes I’ve heard that too...

I could be wrong but I don't think it's the distance. I think it's the Milton Friedman business model. Provide the worst service you can get away with at whatever the market will bear.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “I could be wrong but I don't think it's the...

Maybe there's truth to both. Yes I've heard of that business model. All our ISP's here seem to have adopted that. Sure they can have good products, but try phoning support, changing plans, changing addresses, changing contact details etc, and it's like talking physics with someone from the flat earth society.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Maybe there's truth to both. Yes I've heard...

You're crackin' me up.
The flat Earthers are definitely an odd bunch

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “You're crackin' me up. The flat Earthers are...

Haha thanks but seriously those people are the only nutjob group that really scare me. The first thing they all say as a qualifier is that they don't believe in regular science or physics... that way they go on and on with their own brand of logic lol

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Haha thanks but seriously those people are...

"their own brand of logic" - otherwise known as alternative facts. I'm familiar with that concept.

Linnster Linnster

There are a lot of cable companies ... and Internet Providers ... in the US.

HOWEVER - the vast majority of communities only issue operating licenses to 1 or 2, to come into their jurisdiction. (they do garbage service the same way)

So really, the problem the problem is that municipalities are allowed to regulate the market ... resulting in less competition and higher prices.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “There are a lot of cable companies ... and...

Yes I see, thanks for explaining. Here there's less competition in smaller remote areas but at least it's open to any provider who wishes to offer a service. Still, remote communities usually get a sub standard service due to the lack of competition.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

It's hard to believe that this douche managed to pull it off, how do the voices and opinions of most Americans go on unnoticed. I'm really glad that in the EU there are solid laws to protect net neutrality.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Weird - I can still access the Internet!

When government takes stuff over, stuff gets eff'd up. Fortunately Net Neutrality was nixed before that happened.

I don't expect any big changes, except maybe more competition, lower prices, improved service.

The Internet grew at exponential speed because there was no government regulation. The last 15 years or so have shown us incredible technological innovation. With government paws off it, I expect that will continue.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Weird - I can //still// access the Internet!...

It is my understanding, that the Title 2 Net Neutrality rules simply sought to keep the internet an open and level "playing field". To prevent the increasingly powerful internet service providers from blocking or slowing down content at will.

I don't expect any "big" changes either, at least not right away. One thing I do not expect, is lower prices or improved service.

https://www.popsci.com/net-neutrality-lies

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “It is my understanding, that the Title 2 Net...

No, of course you wouldn't expect lower prices or improved service. That would be an admission that the left was wrong. Can't have that!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “No, of course you wouldn't expect lower...

I have no reason to expect that will happen, Bud. If it does though, I'll be just thrilled to pieces!

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “I have no reason to expect that will happen...

Interesting sidenote;
In a conference call with it's investors a FedEx spokesman said that they have expectations of increased growth in GDP in 2018 and they as a result will be hiring people and acquiring more trucks and facilities to better handle the increase in business.

Probably just a coincidence. After all, CNN didn't report it, so it probably never even happened.

It's OK Piper. Even when America is flourishing you are welcome to enjoy the benefits of the Republican passed tax bill - whether you are told to like them or not.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Interesting sidenote; In a conference call...

That's great, and not surprising, considering the already steadily increasing number of people who do their shopping online.

I would love to see America "flourishing" more, Budwick. It is clearly too much to expect, for you to drop the condescension every now and then.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “That's great, and not surprising...

I'll tell you what Piper, when you find a way to muster an 'atta boy' for the work Trump and the republicans have done I'll reverse course.

Even this FedEx thing, you already have your own explanation that counters what the FedEx guy himself said. No recognition of what someone counter to leftward thinking at all. I mean, how does increased online shopping going to impact the GDP?

Sorry, you don't get a pass when you push back - even passive aggressively.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I'll tell you what Piper, when you find a way...

I'll reserve that 'atta boy', for when I see how this flurry of deregulation that partially led to the speculation that has increased the GDP, impacts the environment, workers, and all those little people who won't be getting any tax breaks.

Of course I am welcome to enjoy any benefits of the Republican tax bill, Budwick. That goes without saying, really. One of those pointing out something so obvious thingys.

I'm was neither asking or expecting a pass from your consistent condescension. It is predictable.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

IDK what the result will be, but you can tell where everyone that commented gets their news from.

I figure I had no control when Obama put it in and I had no control when Trump took it out. I try to only worry about things I have some control over and I never blindly believe what "chicken little" medias profess on a daily basis.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “IDK what the result will be, but you can tell...

Neither do I. As far as being able to tell where everyone who commented gets their news from, I can only speak for myself, of course. Most sources I've found concerning the net neutrality rules repeal, have indeed leaned towards "pro" or "con".

Yeah Will, there are many things we have little control over. At least fighting legislation in our various ways, isn't one of them.
I don't hear or read any "chicken little" medias on a daily basis....

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “Neither do I. As far as being able to tell...

You wrote - "Most sources I've found concerning the net neutrality rules repeal, have indeed leaned towards "pro" or "con". " What does that mean? Most sources lean pro or con?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “You wrote - "Most sources I've found...

What does it mean? It means that most sources I've found concerning the the repeal of the net neutrality rules, do lean towards pro or con. That would be towards the repeal of the rules, and whether they feel it's more of a positive or negative move.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “What does it //mean//? It **means**...

OK, so 'most sources' you've consulted are either for or against the repeal of Net Neutrality.

That's what I thought I read in your initial comment. I questioned it because I didn't understand why you would bother to point out something so obvious. I still wonder - but I don't think I care anymore, so if you don't want to answer, I'm perfectly OK with that.

Have a Merry Christmas Piper.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “OK, so 'most sources' you've consulted are...

I "consulted" many sources, online, to read about the issue. Some are fairly neutral, most lean towards either pro or con about how the repeal of 2015 rules may impact internet users.

I was responding to Will's comment, obviously, about the comments on my post.

Thank you, Budwick. If I'm not mistaken, Christmas is 5 days away. Merry Christmas to you, too.

Piper2 Piper2 OP