Please Come

FreerangerVicZincBudwickThinkerbell

Nobody :)

VicZincThinkerbellRoosterSynysterGatesDar

Explained by Freeranger...

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve; I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health, that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity, that I might do better things. I asked for riches, that I might be happy; I was given poverty, that I might be wise. I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men; I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life; I was given life, that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.

Wisdom
Love
Respect
Bravery
Honesty
Humility
Truth

For the Ojibwe, values are part of the spiritual journey ... not the destination.

Values are an integral part of every culture. Along with a perception of mankinds' place in the universe and the individuals own personality, cultural values generate behavior.

Cultural values create expectations and behavior patterns without which a culture would disintegrate and its members lose their sense of identy and self worth.

For example, values tell people what is good or bad, right or wrong, important or insignificant, useful or detrimental, beautiful or unattractive. Values are at the root of traditions that groups of people find important in their daily lives.

What are some Ojibwe values?

Consider that we Ojibwe refer to ourselves as Anishnabeg - the good beings - and that we do not have a word or term that separates humanity from the rest of the universe arounds us. Gitchi Manitou has created the world in a way that it is possible to exist in harmony with every part of Creation. It is our life's work to come to understand the spiritual truths that are central to learning how to exist as such an ensightful force that the accord is always in balance.

For that reason what we Ojibwe values most is not what we get from our achievements, but rather who we become through the process of achieving.

To help us be good beings, Seven Grandfathers visited the the good people and brought with them Seven Gifts that can give us a way of knowing Mino-Binaaadiziwn in its deepest sense if an effort is made to inquire into the meaning of the gifts and a lifetime of committment is made to make them an intrinsic part of our lives.

The gifts begin and end with knowledge and the ability to know and the Ojibwe are taught to treasure them.

Sister Rosa
she & I parted not only as Teacher an student
we parted as friends

I still have the Rosary she handed me
it's been where angels fear to tread

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

Amen......

Freeranger Freeranger OP

In response to “Amen......

you got good words

give me a moment, I'll share the 7 gifts

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “you got good words give me a moment, I'll...

I can take no credit. That was actually a prayer written by a Confederate soldier during the Civil War. It was entitled, "A Confederate Soldier's Prayer.
It's words are as true today as those written so long ago......

Freeranger Freeranger OP

In response to “I can take no credit. That was actually a...

good words are good words

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “good words are good words

roger that brother. Semper Fidelis

Freeranger Freeranger OP

Wisdom
Love
Respect
Bravery
Honesty
Humility
Truth

What are some Ojibwe values?

Sister Rosa
we parted as friends

I still have the Rosary she handed me
it's been where angels fear to tread

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer