I'm appalled by some of downright rude insensitive comments on here. Whatever happened to respect for others? To me this quote really hits home <strong>amirite?</strong>

Metal_god14

Nobody :)

Lil_PrincessPiper2TiffaneeStarzAboveOzSurferSofiaWill_JanitorTomboyJanetprimeiroMonaLeaRooster
I'm appalled by some of downright rude insensitive comments on here. Whatever happened to respect for others? To me this quote really hits home amirite?

Crazy how some people get off. Totally agree.

MonaLea MonaLea

I read the posts and the comments, and I have not seen any of that since before I joined. This site seems mild and friendly. That is why I signed up. There are attention seekers who play victim on every site as far as I know.

Gonzo Gonzo

In response to “I read the posts and the comments, and I have...

What does "playing victim" mean to you?

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “What does "playing victim" mean to you?

Yes I'd like to know that answer too

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “Yes I'd like to know that answer too

I'll reply to the both of you.
I can go back to the Soda Head days, of which many here on Amirite are refugees "of." It could be an extremely contentious website. In fact, with so many members, certain groups traveled in packs....had their own secret handshakes and codes...yadda, yadda...... really infantile behavior in which they took a certain pride in attacking people who differed with their philosophical views.
Occasionally, one of their members would jump on some individual member for something they said, often acting the provocateur.

I was one of those.

One of their asshats attacked me for saying something that they didn't like. Apparently that worker bee contacted the rest of the hive because before long, I had several people riding up on their little white ponies attempting to intimidate me, only.....they'd picked the wrong person. Every time this first asshat attempted to demean my point of view, I grabbed him verbally by the throat and put him in a corner. This back and forth literally went on for a couple of days!.....and then, first the pack left, and then, that first confrontational asswipe, discovering that the rest of his pack had left, tried role-reversal playing his victim card, telling me I had misconstrued his reply and so forth. This is when you knew you had them by the balls because at that point, they were trying to disengage while saving face.
I flayed him and ultimately, when his victim card even began to look stupid, he drifted away and I released.
Anyone here who spent significant time on Soda Head remembers those days (and I was there for what....9 years?) and certainly, those type of people.. Attack in groups and when all else fails, try to play the victim trump card.
Unfortunately, more people retreated from their personal opinions than stayed to vie for it, which used to piss me off. They became intimidated by pack mentalities. I was not one of them.

And so, in a long-winded diatribe, "playing the victim" is not a new phenomena on opinion based websites. I'd be willing to bet, a few of my acquaintances here are nodding in remembrance.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “I'll reply to the both of you. I can go...

I fail to see how it is "playing the victim" when the attacks are of a personal nature and aimed to hurt someone psychologically and emotionally and to cause them unnecessary pain and stress

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “I fail to see how it is "playing the...

You said it for me. Thanks.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “You said it for me. Thanks.

Your welcome

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

Here man, grab some ****' hankies for you and your little cabal who are granting you your insignificant bonus points. Ha!
That said.....any of that shit is a failure on your part buddy. Just because someone attacks any of us for anything doesn't mean you shouldn't have, at least by THIS point in your life, developed some form of resiliency. I have NEVER in my life seen such a limp wristed, infantile generation in which everyone thinks someone owes them something because they've become "offended." Are you serious??
Get a fekkin' grip kids. Life doesn't care if you make it or don't....or if you live or die. In my considerable opinion, you are part and parcel to the fekkin' pussy generation in which, no one can say the wrong thing, no one can look at you in a way you don't like....or [wait for it] "judge" you.
Your generation has a ****' HOST of growing up to do. Life is about the survival of the fittest, cream rising to the top......shaking off your oppressor, while recognizing and lending a hand to the little man who's trying to make it on his own, but who appreciates a supporting hand from a neighbor or someone willing to extend a hand.
You DO NOT get to define the way anyone else walks, talks, or makes their way through life. Got it?? You don't like my opinon or anyone elses? Oh well....
I served my country twice in uniform....I don't own either YOU or any other fekkin' offended dickwad jack shit kid.
You and your collective generation need to get over yourselves. Fucksticks.
Holy hell. NEXT!!!!

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “Here man, grab some ****' hankies for you and...

Feel better? That's a shame you rage like that on a dumb site that you tell us not to get all wound up about. Think about it.

MonaLea MonaLea

You really don't intimidate me I've seen **** and jerks like you my whole life you hide behind your radical opinion which no one really cares about but you to me your just insignificant little worm who is only liked by himself just an ugly little fly speck on humanity my dad served this country too you don't even come close to being the man he was dipshit

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “You really don't intimidate me I've seen ****...

That's just the point bud, I'm not trying to intimidate anyone. Not sure how anyone can accomplish that on a website? As for "hiding", I think I've been rather transparent.....or did I miss something?
As for all your generalizing well......I can let that go, as it has no merit.
The point.....the salient point that needs to be made is that you're waaaaay overly insensitive and certainly easily outraged, and as such, if you are THAT outraged, you should find another website that offers group hugs. I like the people here. And, I find that this website is about as balanced as you're going to find unless you have a better one?

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “That's just the point bud, I'm not trying to...

Who's the one losing their cool here? Just say'n.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “Who's the one losing their cool here? Just say'n.

Never ceases to amaze. You act the part of the provocateur, poking others with inflammatory posts (and on your part, encouraging them) and then act all surprised and wounded when you receive what you were looking for in the first place.
Grow up....

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “Never ceases to amaze. You act the part of...

So block me if I bother you. I'm just a dumb kid in your eyes anyway.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “So block me if I bother you. I'm just a dumb...

Au contraire....why would I block you? Because we disagree on something. I'd lose the pleasure of your company.....and you not suffer mine babe.
You're far too good looking.....ha.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “Au contraire....why would I block you?...

I like women more. Sorry.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I like women more. Sorry.

Making pleasant conversation only. Please don't read more into it than necessary?
You like women.....should I cartwheel or.....

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “Making pleasant conversation only. Please...

Don't give yourself so much credit.

Cheers!

MonaLea MonaLea

Just block them or give better than you get...

JD JD

Reading your story, it reminds me of one of the few conversations I had with you - I said something that didn't agree with what you were saying, and right on, you started accusing me of playing with words, or trying to "play" you, when in fact I just meant exactly what I said. And after I explained so, you continued to act like I was attacking you. No matter what I said, you acted like my "behaviour" was beneath you, and you didn't have the "patience" to deal with childish stuff like that. Funny thing is, that never happened. You were waiting for an attack, there was none, but you still acted like I was attacking you.

Seeing you speaking bad of "playing the victim" attitude just makes that memory a whole lot more ironic.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “Reading your story, it reminds me of one of...

Ah....the next member of the dog pack arrives. This makes you the pot stirrer....you realize that right? The one who keeps an argument going after the fire dies out?

Predictable.

Anyway, I'm afraid I can't help you with your perceptions. They are yours and I have no interest in them. Secondly, you remember more than I do. I don't really recall you. Be sure to tap out with the next member of your pack before they jump in okay?....but do it after Christmas? Exceptionally poor timing on your part. Lump of coal in your stocking.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “Ah....the next member of the dog pack...

It's actually sad how you think no one can say anything that differs from your words without being part of a "attack" group. But thank you for thinking I have a group. When there's a meeting, be sure to tell me about it, you obviously know a lot more about the group than I do.

Sorry to disappoint, but I only speak for myself. If others are saying or said the same or something similar, that's up to them. My experience is mine alone. I never expected you to remember me, but I guess thanks for bringing attention to it. I do tend to remember when people get angry and try to insult me for no apparent reason, especially if that's the first time I'm having a conversation with them for what I remember. First impressions and all. They can stick sometimes.
I only said my part of a experience with you to make sure people take your story with a grain of salt - People can claim to being attacked all they want, but I tend to find both sides of any story quite revealing. It's a practice I support. Sorry if that bores you. I'm sure you'll get over it with no issue.

Have a nice Holiday.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “It's actually sad how you think no one can...

Actually.....you speak for your metal god and the rest of your faux friends who continue to reward you with worthless raves. Do you like being manipulated?......because now you've invested yourself in a worthless argument FOR them that was dying until you rode up on your little white pony and began stirring the pot on their behalf all over again. It was already dead. You now do the work, deal with whatever way I choose to respond while your lil' buddies sit back and toss you little pieces of meat from a safe distance. You DO realize you're their dupe now, right?
Anyway, that aside....actually, you brought the attention to you. I don't know you, but clearly you've been carrying around this interaction between you and I that I don't even remember, yet keep returning to. That alone raises an eyebrow.

And then, I suppose that may be the problem with opinion based websites. It's similar to married people who vote for separate candidates. Ultimately, they cancel each other out, only in these instances, it's with opinon's. My point is no more valid than your own and vice versa.....they cancel each other out but....you have not discovered that truth yet apparently. Nine years on Soda Head were instructive for me. With time, perhaps you'll catch on to that as well.

You too. I plan to.

Freeranger Freeranger

Are you sure you aren't a "snowflake"? You know you don't have to be a liberal to get that reputation.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “Are you sure you aren't a...

ha! At this point I'm not sure what I might be under the scrutiny of certain people. I don't know what any reputation means, but I couldn't care less doll.

Freeranger Freeranger

It is not 'playing the victim' when they are actual insults of a personal nature. I have so many screenshots of disgusting comments made to users on here that I have lost count of them. To be fair most comments were quickly deleted but some of those people doing the insulting are still on here and still happily flaunting their disrespectful ways.

Tiffanee

In response to “It is not 'playing the victim' when they are...

Speaking out is hardly playing "victim". My great aunt taught me if I wanted something that mattered, speak up!
I won't ignore racism, sexism, or total douchebag attacks that makes some clown feel like a bad **** on a keyboard. Sorry.
Victims to me are the ones that do uncalled for stuff and then cry when they get called out.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “Speaking out is hardly playing...

I agree and have you noticed the ones that bring up the 'playing the victim' crap are usually the ones doing the bullying.

Tiffanee

In response to “I agree and have you noticed the ones that...

They rage like caged animals. Interesting.

MonaLea MonaLea

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “Crazy how some people get off. Totally agree.

Some people have no filter or post comments with no thought to how it might be received. If you complain they will give you a lecture over free speech or something. You know how that works.

Tiffanee

In response to “Some people have no filter or post comments...

I'm all about free speech, but there is no reason to make this site all about "**** bashing". I just remembered why I don't spend time here.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I'm all about free speech, but there is no...

There has been an awful lot of that on here lately. You are right, it is a major turn-off.

Tiffanee

In response to “There has been an awful lot of that on here...

Hating on women is a big thing here. It's really ramped up with the latest headlines of women courageously speaking out.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “Hating on women is a big thing here. It's...

Yes, it has brought out the women haters. It is almost a daily thing on here now.

Tiffanee

In response to “Yes, it has brought out the women haters. It...

You would think they would have cleaned some of it up to attract new people or old ones to come back. I guess they don't think this bothers people. James knows why I left months ago.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “You would think they would have cleaned some...

They don't care. If they did they would fix it. I invite people here almost everyday and they are always turned off by the same garbage.

Tiffanee

In response to “They don't care. If they did they would fix...

I couldn't ever hate any woman! Can't see how any real man could!

Rooster Rooster

Yes what is it with women haters last time I checked we are all still human beings regardless of ** fundamental rights apply to everyone regardless of race ** sexual orientation as it should be but some people still live in the stone age i guess

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “Yes what is it with women haters last time I...

I don't like the constant demeaning labels that depict women as hungry, desperate ****. It's sick.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I don't like the constant demeaning labels...

To all people who are women bashers remember where you came from and who brought you into this world

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

Yes it is disgusting. There was a post on here yesterday that was like that. Thankfully it was pulled.

Tiffanee

In response to “Yes it is disgusting. There was a post on...

Even most guys don't want to see that trash. At least the guys I know.

MonaLea MonaLea

Okay. Enough. Holy shit kid......really? I'm calling you out. Document your shit and get back to us. I want all this up front for Amirite people to analyze. Failing that, it's fake news.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “Okay. Enough. Holy shit kid......really?...

You have a right to your opinion as do I but this isn't the old west calling me out what kind of moron are you and no the right to free speech doesn't give anyone the right to be rude insulting or an **** what is it showdown at high noon

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “You have a right to your opinion as do I but...

Free speech is only something wanted if the view is their's.

MonaLea MonaLea

There was a women bashing post pulled just yesterday.

Tiffanee

Sorry pickle. It got pulled. Good riddance.

MonaLea MonaLea

Another woman hating troll has returned. I say returned because it is obvious he has been here before. It never ends on here.

Tiffanee

In response to “Another woman hating troll has returned. I...

Be nice if the trolls and other assorted dipshits were more like this.

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

I think I just saw him. He really has a weird thing for this site.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I think I just saw him. He really has a...

Yes he does. Sad part is you have to wait till they insult someone before anything is done with them and it is too late by then..damage has been done.

Tiffanee

Doesn't have a life, I guess.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I'm all for free speech it is one of our fundamental rights but I don't see it as giving people right to be rude or harassing other people

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP

In response to “I'm all for free speech it is one of our...

I don't either. Free speech still comes with responsibilities.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I don't either. Free speech still comes with...

Some people still think free speech gives everyone a license to harass and insult. There is a big difference to having a point of view that some people might not like to outright insulting a person. Some people will never get it.

Tiffanee

In response to “Some people still think free speech gives...

Many people make points on here that I firmly disagree with. I pass it by. But when someone uses language that demeans men or women sexually in the lowest of terms, I pay attention. They always use it to turn it into a swipe at liberals. If I saw one of my liberal comrades do it, I would call them out too.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “Many people make points on here that I firmly...

There is a comment posted on here like that now. It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed. Just another pathetic, childish excuse to post yet another liberal bashing comment. Yawn.

Tiffanee

In response to “There is a comment posted on here like that...

Weird post. I saw.

MonaLea MonaLea

Guess I'm blocked?

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Guess I'm blocked?

I have him blocked but I was told to sign out and take a look.

Tiffanee

Seriously man....you're going with rude or harassing?
WTF. Really?
That you don't like the aftermath of our 1st Amendment Constitutional Rights under the 1st Amendment regarding free speech to express ourselves....and that YOU don't like the narrative DOES NOT mean that you have any right to stifle a view you don't particularly like. Holy shit people, get yer fekkin' shit together.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “Seriously man....you're going with rude or...

Say I find out what really gets to you and post a bunch of graphics and dirty language. Maybe you would think differently? But you don't deal with that because most of us don't play that game.

MonaLea MonaLea

Some people are just rude and crude and they think by dissing others it strokes their ego..... too bad they had no proper upbringing. My advice, just ignore those types.... I don't waste one minute of my time with creeps like that.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Some people are just rude and crude and they...

They use this place to get their jollies. They can't talk like that in real life unless they hang on a street corner. Even there, they get their asses kicked. Free speech comes with a few common sense guidelines.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “They use this place to get their jollies...

Exactly, bullies hiding behind their computers.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Exactly, bullies hiding behind their computers.

They would never make it in the "real" world. Just my silly opinion.

MonaLea MonaLea

If you know who they are or what they are, block them and have a peaceful time like me....

JD JD

Another revolting post has been made. It never ends.

Tiffanee

So am I, sometimes still. Certainly not just on here, but on most every site I visit that allows comments. I was first the recipient of those personal kind of really "rude" sort of comments, when I joined SH.

I never tried to get anyone deactivated over them, but I did contact the 'administration' once, when someone went on a paranoid rant of accusations and called me a liar. Since she did that and then blocked me, I was wondering if there was anything I could do about it. That was a long time ago, and now I know that it's pretty common on sites like this one.

I try not to let it bug me, because I do not think an overly censored site is conducive to an active and lively one.

Piper2 Piper2

critical thinking has been replaced with emotions

just reading headlines, I find highly entertaining
SENATOR GILLIBRAND Pulled Strings So Muslim Athlete Who Molested 12-Year Old Girl Could Come To U.S. After His Visa Was Denied

Dec 12, 2017

------------
DOCTOR MENTIONED In Hillary Email Found DEAD In Apartment…Police Say He Committed Suicide By Stabbing Himself To Death??

Dec 13, 2017

I would pay "GOOD"money to watch

the gunrunner eric holder go mano to Mano with the "Tanto"
never heard of Tanto?

reference BENGHAZI

ERIC HOLDER DOUBLES DOWN with Second Threat Against Firing Mueller

the left is cornered
they are lashing out in many ways
hiding behind a computer makes it easy to be rude, condescending and down right hateful.

some people on here will agree an some will disagree

GOT gear?

OBAMA’S FORMER “ETHICS CZAR” Threatens to “Stock Up on Gear” and “Take the Streets” if Mueller is Fired

shit is getting real....sound like fun

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

Sodahead was a great site in one way but there were a lot of nasty people on there...this site is virtually trouble free, not many **** on here...everyone is soft and easy going...I'm pleasant to most members....

JD JD

In response to “Sodahead was a great site in one way but...

Are you serious? I'm laughing and about to fall out of my chair. Trouble free.... evidently you haven't a clue as to what happens on this site. I can't believe that you think everyone is soft and easy going. Have you forgotten all the trouble that you went through as a mod? Eventually giving up. I hope you're just being sarcastic because none of what you've said is true.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Are you serious? I'm laughing and about to...

I'm serious, I'm talking about now not when I was a mod.....I don't see any problems, might miss them or they may happen when I'm asleep, but no one argues in a nasty way with me.....that's a fact , except you....hehe

JD JD

In response to “I'm speechless.

He's not been on this site lately....lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “He's not been on this site lately....lol

Maybe blocked going one way or the other. I dunno. (hehe)

MonaLea MonaLea

I'm on here every day....you must be sleeping...

JD JD

In response to “I'm speechless.

Must be a first..hehe

JD JD

In response to “Must be a first..hehe

(hehe)
You got me there.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I'm serious, I'm talking about now not when I...

Evidently you've been fast asleep. What about that gal you have blocked? lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Evidently you've been fast asleep. What...

Never see her, you have answered your own question...if someone is being nasty to you and I don't see it or hear about it, what do you expect me to say, I've told you before if you are having problems let me know and I'll help...I can only answer personally

JD JD

I'm glad you said not many and not none but then you spoiled it by saying 'everyone is soft and easy going.'

Good one. (hehe)

Tiffanee

In response to “I'm glad you said not many and not none but...

I can only name a few that would be considered soft and easy going. But there are some that are crude and rude.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I can only name a few that would be...

C-R-U-D-E and R-U-D-E. Those are exactly the words. No real man talks like that.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “C-R-U-D-E and R-U-D-E. Those are exactly the...

Starz ain't a man...

JD JD

In response to “Starz ain't a man...

JD! You know darn well I am not talking about Starz.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “JD! You know darn well I am not talking...

But you replied to her comment, I'm only a country boy..

JD JD

In response to “But you replied to her comment, I'm only a...

Far off country I hear. (wink)

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “Far off country I hear. (wink)

Yep, we are all a bit dopey over here...

JD JD

Sorry I have completely missed something because I haven't seen any of this what time I am here. Possibly they are deleted before I do or I have the person blocked.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “Sorry I have completely missed something...

Nor have I but I get called a liar...

JD JD

In response to “Nor have I but I get called a liar...

Well I guess I can get called that but it would be down right silly for one to do so because I can't say I have seen something that I ain't seen.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “Well I guess I can get called that but it...

Exactly right ...

JD JD

Well you know now what happens on here sometimes.

Tiffanee

In response to “Well you know now what happens on here sometimes.

Indeed. Maybe we will see a Christmas miracle seeing how it is almost right around the corner which is "Grown-**** adults acting like adults" (biggrin)

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Well, I haven't been on here a lot lately because of travel, but I honestly haven't seen much nasty stuff. I can't remember the last time I was appalled. :) Maybe I'm just too jaded.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Well, I haven't been on here a lot lately...

"veteranized" you mean teufel.

Freeranger Freeranger

If the internet taught me something is that don't expect anyone to respect you. Apparently, when giving a chance to act without consequences, many people choose to become ****. It's not right, but it's just how things go.

I'm not appalled anymore. Just disappointed.

And I completely agree with the picture. Appearances can only last so long - no matter how "proper" you look, if your manners and attitude towards others are shit, that is what people will remember you for.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “If the internet taught me something is that...

I find it funny but also sad that the ones that claim there is no such thing as bullying on here are usually the ones doing the bullying.

Tiffanee

In response to “I find it funny but also sad that the ones...

What I normally see happens is: they're aware of their actions and won't admit to it, because hell will freezes over before they admit to do anything wrong. Or they're actually clueless that they are the ones doing it, and that's why they're not seeing it happening.

I honestly don't think anyone here is that clueless though.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “What I normally see happens is: they're aware...

"Clueless" sums it up with them or at least I hope so. Otherwise they are just plain mean with no respect for others.

Tiffanee

In response to “"Clueless" sums it up with them or at...

I think the latter. Mean with no respect for others. Twisting words is a sport for them.

MonaLea MonaLea

Yep, I believe it's pretty much what you said: they are aware of their actions and won't admit it. Either that, or somehow they've managed to convince themselves that their behavior is justified for whatever reason.

primeiro primeiro

In response to “Yep, I believe it's pretty much what you...

Yup, that. You explained it all.

Sofia Sofia

Yep. in some cases I think it's because they feel that the behavior is somehow justified.

primeiro primeiro

You're completely right - It's really annoying how people online simply feel free to make all sorts of assumptions about others and attack them very personally, since they will never meet each other in real life anyway. It happens a lot around here.

primeiro primeiro

Bullies like to point out everyone else's faults but when theirs are pointed out get defensive and argumentative classic bully behavior classic example is certain person on here who keeps fueling his ego

Metal_god14 Metal_god14 OP