Geez! This really surprised me! New owner coming on to replace Jerry Richardson?

PhilboydStudgedoctorwho1011TiffaneeAdaWill_JanitorTomboyJanetMarianneSynysterGates

Explained by Rooster...

Right when they have a shot at the play offs!

I'm afraid I'm becoming numb to all this.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

He says he is not selling until after the season, but it seems weird that he would announce this now. I suppose we'll find out more as time passes.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “He says he is not selling until after the...

Ah, the winds of change mah man....

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “(yum)(yum)(yum)(yum)(yum)

such a pig....she was adjusting her buckles

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “such a pig....she was adjusting her buckles

I am a pig, I'm addicted to female buttocks. (biggrin)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Yeah, I agree with what Will said. Not selling until the season is over. kinda weird.

On another note: This is to all the Steelers fan who called BS on the reversal of the touchdown that may have put the Steelers ahead with 27 seconds left in the game.

Mike Pereira‏Verified account
@MikePereira
16h16 hours ago
More
Look, here is the rule. If you’re going to the ground you have to hold onto the ball when the ball hits the ground…Going to the ground trumps lunging/reaching to try and get extra yards or score a TD. You do that at your own risk. It’s incomplete…just ask Dez

This is 100% true, the player's knee was down, he needed to have control of the ball while crossing the goal line ... but he didn't. THIS WAS A GOOD CALL .

Also, giving 27 seconds to Tom Brady is enough for him to take it all the way down to score. They couldn't stop Gronk all game.

Okay, I'm done with my rant.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Yeah, I agree with what Will said. Not...

I agree. I understand people's frustration over the rule and it's impact on the outcome of a crucial game, but it was correct to overturn the TD.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “I agree. I understand people's frustration...

Wait Phil......they're not going to scream that the Patriots cheated? I'm shocked!

Freeranger Freeranger

The refs got the ruling correct base on the catch rule.

But I do think that catch rule seriously needs to be looked at and adjusted... because there are plays that are very similar but ruled the opposite ways, and it's just caused too much confusion.

As a player that catches the ball and then loses it almost right away...
~ It's an official catch and fumble, if he's not going to the ground.
~ It's a drop, if he's going to the ground

I'm not saying which way he should go, but that the rule should be consistent, and I don't feel it is... maybe they should both be drops, maybe they should be fumble... I really just wish the rule was consistent.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “The refs got the ruling correct base on the...

You see in this case and the same case with Dez Bryant. The player's knee was down, then his shoulder and hands fell to the ground as he was bobbling the ball. That's an incomplete pass. No different than if it happened anywhere on the field.

Now, diving/running in the end end zone and using your hand to cross the goal line then the ball comes out is a touchdown. It's completely different, but a lot of people mix those two up.

Remember this was a pass and catch, not a run. He needed to have full control until he hit ground.

Look at the knee, then look at when the ball comes out.
It's incomplete.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “You see in this case and the same case with...

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to argue that specific play, by NFL rules the refs got the ruling correct.

I'm just saying I've seen very simalar plays where said player got two feet down, was NOT going to the ground, lost the ball (quicker than the Steelers player did) and they called it a catch and fumble.

That's not consistent rulings, they should both be the same ruling... if they're both incomplete, that's perfectly fine with me.

I just want consistent rulings.

And totally agreed with Gronk, about wanting consistent reffing, as he pointed out, some refs call pass interference with slight touches, other refs, let them bang a lot and rarely call it.

I just want consistent ruling. .. and yes that Steelers play is consistent with other players falling non-catches calls, but those calls are not alway consistent with the player standing catch and fumble right away calls.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “Just to be clear, I'm not trying to argue...

I agree with consistency, especially pass interference.

You're right. one ref calls pass interference for just touching the jersey ,others will let a player put their hands up and touch the receiver and not even turn around to see the ball coming. That's definitely pass interference and I know that so too well, because i was called on that several times when the receiver had me beat.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Brother ... what was Carr thinking diving into the end zone and fumbling the ball? He had first down.

Between him and Big Ben they both should get .... C'mon man!!!

SynysterGates SynysterGates

It surprised me, but I saw an interview earlier today, which made sense.

First off, Jerry Richardson is selling to avoid investigations of workplace misconduct... and he's waiting onto the offseason, because just like NFL trades, you probably can't get full value in season and have to wait until the offseason (unless because he's hoping to not distract from the team and hoping they win a Super Bowl as well)
https://www.si.com/jerry-richar...nt-racial-slur

But in the interview, it said in his will Richardson estate planned on selling the team anyways... and this way he gets to avoid the investigations and also gets to control who the teams sold to. So he can probably get it to someone he likes or who he thinks is best for the long term of the team (and maybe someone who will help keep his posative legacy in tact, at least as much as possible (and/or go for the huge money, which ever he perfers).

Zolfie Zolfie