Suicide Hotlines around the globe. OUTSIDE of the USA, please visit the <em>International Association for Suicide Prevention</em> online which provides a database of resources <em><b>around the world</b></em>. For Suicide Prevention Hotlines within the USA, please call 1-800-273-8255 (National Suicide Prevention Lifeline) or text HELLO to 741-741 for free 24-hour support from the Crisis Text Line. Please pass this information on to people <em>at risk</em> - if you need clarification, I'll help you with that definition.

PhilboydStudgePiper2TiffaneeAdaMonaLeaCarlaRoosterSynysterGates
Suicide Hotlines around the globe. OUTSIDE of the USA, please visit the International Association for Suicide Prevention online which provides a database of resources around the world. For Suicide Prevention Hotlines within the USA, please call 1-800-273-8255 (National Suicide Prevention Lifeline) or text HELLO to 741-741 for free 24-hour support from the Crisis Text Line. Please pass this information on to people at risk - if you need clarification, I'll help you with that definition.

Explained by PartyOfOne...

Suicide Hotlines Around the World for people at risk: public school teens; female college students; social media users; people of any age residing in a violent home life; homeless individuals; mentally ill; people who don't fit the "Heather", "Jock" profile; economically-disadvantaged people. Anyone living under tense conditions or within threatening or isolated environments.

Good post! Hope it helps someone!

Rooster Rooster

Good post! Hope it helps someone!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Good post! Hope it helps someone!

Kind of you to say - thank you. I hope it has an impact, that the information is spread to potential at-risk individuals.

One of our own at Amirite recently had a desperate need for help - I wish I had this information then.

If you wouldn't mind, please pass this on to those you may suspect needing help with emotional trauma... I'd appreciate it and they may, too ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Kind of you to say - thank you. I hope it has...

So shall it be. A very good friend of mine's sister committed suicide a couple of months ago and it's been hard on her and her family. I copied this and saved it. Thank you.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “So shall it be. A very good friend of mine's...

You and her family have my sincerest regret for her loss of life - that she suffered so much to have felt that need is deeply tragic. I'm glad her family has you to rely on for emotional support.

Thank you, also, for the copy and save - you may have helped to save a life by doing just that.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Nice PartyofOne.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

I hope this act of kindness helps someone in need.

Carla Carla

In response to “I hope this act of kindness helps someone in need.

I've been in that spot so I've a good feeling it'll be of help to an amiriter or someone they'd know.

Thanks for your comment :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I've been in that spot so I've a good feeling...

Same here. Not proud of it. Glad there is help out there.

Good post.

MonaLea

In response to “Same here. Not proud of it. Glad there is...

Thanks, Mona, nice of you to say :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Thanks, Mona, nice of you to say :)

It's nice to see this posted. A lot of people hurt out there and can't say it out loud.

MonaLea

In response to “It's nice to see this posted. A lot of...

Nice of you to say - that you realize their serious need for help, it's my hope that you'll do all that you can to assist others who are in a bad place they'd rather not be in.

Thank you so much!

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Ya party - I hope you can save and repost when someone starts fussing on here - it happens so often, but i think they just want attention cause they are posting next day.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “Ya party - I hope you can save and repost...

Wanting attention is often a good thing; those who don't, or won't, reach out for help are at a much higher risk of suicide - I very definitely don't want that to happen. Feeling like you have nowhere to turn for relief is the lowest feeling one can realize.

Thank you for your point of view, Lorraine, I appreciate your input :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Anything that can help someone who is at a low point in their lives, I would welcome...we seem to be in a world where people can't always cope....

JD JD

In response to “Anything that can help someone who is at a...

Thanks for your input :) Just spreading the information that's at the top of your screen would be a big help :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

party - I think if someone wants to go they should be able to. They will keep trying so why prolong the misery.

In response to “party - I think if someone wants to go they...

I've always held that death is permanent and striving to escape it is a far better choice, excluding medical certainties. Where mental illness is affected, usually there's a chance that things can be turned around, at least to some degree. In the end, things depend heavily on the level of trauma people can sustain - I'd never give the okay-go-ahead to end one's life; where there's life, there's hope, in my mind.

Thanks for posting your perspective and for taking the time to care.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Good info for some of the people on here who ow and then post they are gonna bail out. Please post it again whenever you see them.