If everyone takes the local "shortcut", and jams it with so much traffic that it takes 10 minutes longer to get to your destination, it's not really a shortcut. Amirite? Do you have this type of shortcut in your town?

COGSPIRoosterCarlaTiffaneeVicZincFlrdsgns

Nobody :)

StarzAboveBlewynanifailCarlaZonkeyBallsRooster

Explained by COGSPI...

There's a shortcut that goes past my house. It's bumper to bumper almost always, while the main road is mostly clear, because everyone is on the "shortcut". Yet drivers think they are still taking a shortcut.

Yes, because of bridge construction this past summer. But it's fixed now, and everything is back to normal.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Many people amaze me. So easily mind conditioned.

COGSPI OP

Actually, no, because we have clever people doing some krap you wouldn't even think was possible. But then again, I live in a civilized country, where cyclists and walkers have their own pathways to carry on.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

There have been a few around here over the years and now they are a total mess. I'm glad I don't have to commute any more.

Rooster Rooster

StarzAbove StarzAbove

We have some of those. They dont cause that kind of traffic out here, though.
Our roads are hugely affected by harsh weather. When a road gets attention, large trucks will use the repaired road until it falls apart again, it is a vicious circle.

Carla Carla

I have to get to the next town to get to "it," but once I'm on it......a much shorter ride to the beach. ;)

Freeranger Freeranger