Who's looking forward to the 2018 World Cup, and who do think will win it all?

Les Bleus

PhilboydStudgeSynysterGates

Verde Amarela

Nobody :(

Die Mannschaft

ZonkeyBalls

La Roja

Nobody :(

La Albiceleste

Nobody :(

De Rode Duivels

Nobody :(

Other

TiffaneeAdalizardqueen

VicZincAdaMarianneZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by PhilboydStudge...

I am a fan of Die Mannschaft, but it will be very difficult for them to repeat. I really like the French squad, and of course there's always Brazil, Argentina, and Spain.

I hate saying this, but... Let's be realistic here. Germans are actually very crafty, when it comes to football - and that means **** football, with FA rules, not the pig bladder game - so... I think they might take it.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

England!!! Haha I'm joking, I'm joking. (hehe)
乂^◡^乂

Ada Ada

In response to “England!!! Haha I'm joking, I'm joking...

Hopefully they make a good showing of it. For some reason I've never found myself rooting for them. I think it's because I once had a good friend who came to the States from Manchester who was a huge (and cocky) Man U fan. Great guy aside from that. (smile)

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge OP

In response to “Hopefully they make a good showing of it...

Sadly England just don't produce enough home grown players that are playing at the top levels week in week out anymore. We buy too many foreign players rather than invest money in young English players.

Germany had a similar problem around 2000 and what they did is make it a rule that all Bundesliga teams have at least six and then ten German players in all of their squads and that's why now they've tonnes of quality German players to pick from.

Respect to them for doing what we should of started doing years ago and that's why they're the World Champions while England now struggle just to get out of the group stages in finals.
乂º︵º乂

Ada Ada

In response to “Sadly England just don't produce enough home...

I never knew of that Bundesliga rule. It does help explain how the die Mannschaft seem to have a constant influx of young talent. The player I would really like to see in the World Cup is Marco Reus. He runs beautifully... too bad he's made of glass.

Speaking of fast human beings, is Gareth Bale on England's squad? According to Wikipedia he's not playing for the Three Lions. Would you know why?

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge OP

In response to “I never knew of that Bundesliga rule. It...

Gareth Bale opted to play international football for Wales rather than England Phil.
乂º◡º乂

Ada Ada

I don't really care at all about the world cup. sorry not sorry

lizardqueen lizardqueen

In response to “I don't really care at all about the world...

Apology no apology is not necessary. (smile)

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge OP