What terrified you the first time you did it by yourself?

Piper2TiffaneeStarzAboveSofiaAdaMarianneprimeiroRoosterSynysterGatesMetal_god14_Howler_

Probably walking to the house from the barn through the trees (about 200 yards) when it was pitch black outside back when I was 6 or 7. I just knew something was going to eat me.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

The very first time I flew anywhere, I flew alone and clung to the armrests for the entire flight.

Linnster Linnster

JustJimColo JustJimColo

flying on a plane

DWF DWF

A public-speaking event to a group of physicians.

_Howler_ _Howler_

When I become captain at the golf club and had to make my first speech in front of around 1000 people.....but soon got used to it...

JD JD

Asking a girl out on a date. I had an almost debilitating shyness as a kid.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Gave birth.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Flew a helicopter! Scared the crap out of me at first! I flew the OH-6 "Loach".

Rooster Rooster

First time walking in the dark by myself I was 7 and I was terrified to my imagination there were monsters everywhere.

Metal_god14

In response to “First time walking in the dark by myself I...

That's because there were. They are still there but we just can't see them when we get older.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

When I was around 15 years old and I practiced all summer back flips and layouts in a pool and on a trampoline. Then the winter came and it was time to do it on skis. I remember how terrified I was to land on my back, or even my head. It was only about 15 feet in the air, but I did get around and landed on my skis.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Riding my bike.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

Jeesh I don't remember being afraid of anything when I was younger. Now that I am older driving in a busy place frightens me. Maybe I will try and overcome that fear, that is alwats best, getting something done that seemed impossible.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Jumping off of a cliff that was easily 100' high into the water. After that, I couldn't stop it was so fun.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

There were quite a few things which frightened me, when I was a little kid.
But I dared after some hesitations.

Marianne Marianne

public speaking for me also. Had the total shakes

Freeranger Freeranger

Most of the things I do now. I have a certain level of anxiety every time I have to do something for the first time. After that, I'm fine.

Sofia Sofia