"BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL."

PhilboydStudgeTiffaneeRoosterThinkerbellBudwickSynysterGatesVicZincOzSurferLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredTomboyJanet

Nobody :)

Piper2Darkest_SerenityTiffaneeBozetteOzSurferThinkerbellZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by PhilboydStudge...

Let me first say that I do NOT blame any of this on President Trump. The North Korean leader is clearly despotic and has threatened us multiple times. Regardless of who was the president there would have been panic. My hope is simply that there's something positive we can take away from this. Many of us have lived with the threat of nuclear attack our entire lives, so it's understandable that we never stop to consider how terrible the next major war will be. Additionally, the weaponry is so much more advanced than the last time the major powers came to blows that it might simply be impossible to imagine the horrors that await us should there be a nuclear war. At the very least we should all be sobered up to this fact.

Been reading it is a false alarm but still very scary.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news...-alarm-1799732

Tiffanee

Tiffanee

Here is some old advice, possibly useful if you are more than 2 miles from the blast epicenter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMnKNHNfznE

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Here is some old advice, possibly useful if...

I suppose we could do that, but then there wouldn't be any poignant shadows left after we were incinerated.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge OP

In response to “I suppose we could do that, but then there...

Depending on how far away we were, we might even have survived. For example, these soldiers ducked and covered. No guarantees about future cancer rates, however.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWSMoE3A5DI

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Depending on how far away we were, we might...

Today soldiers, we'll be testing your ability to survive a nuclear explosion. Any questions? Yes, you private. Yes, just one question sir. Are you f#cking insane?!?!

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge OP

In response to “Today soldiers, we'll be testing your ability...

The soldiers in this clip at 1:33 were volunteers, except for the cameraman. Maybe he was the one who asked that question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5XTFd495aE

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

A really scary thing is that before the first test they didn't know if the chain reaction would stop or keep going and destroy the world.

And they did it anyway.
Insane is the rule rather than the exception.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “A really scary thing is that before the first...

The canard that never dies. (biggrin)

Yes, the Manhattan Project physicists did think of such a possibility, but quickly calculated that it would not happen, if Hans Bethe is to be believed.

https://blogs.scientificamerica...-end-of-earth/

The real risks were quite bad enough.

http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/6451/

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

I remember that ad.
Even as a kid I knew it was ridiculous.
I could imagine the rescuers looking at my scorched remains saying:
"If only he had a blanket."

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “I remember that ad. Even as a kid I knew it...

As the real estate agents say, "location, location, location."

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Trump had nothing to do with it. It was a poorly designed warning system that has now been corrected in Hawaii. All other states should now be checking and, if necessary, changing their procedures, as well as coordinating with the feds to make sure all now have the ability to issue immediate corrections.

Bozette Bozette

This is some serious stuff!!
Thank God for the false alarm, stay safe Hawaii.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Let me first say that I do NOT blame any of this on Obama.

Some guy pressed the wrong button - twice. They're not releasing his name. And, from what I understand, he still has a job. Wow, there's a lot wrong with all that! How can one person be in control of something like that and screw it up so easily? Why is it that no one in government from this button pusher to Senator is completely untouchable - not held accountable for anything?! Like that hush fund that congressmen use to payoff people for their silence - why isn't that front and center until we find who has dipped into that pool, and paid it back?

Budwick Budwick

Wow this is scary we don't need another world war isn't two enough war never solves anything sometimes just the innocent usually end up suffering.

Metal_god14

Very scary, I'm just thankful the alarm went out that it was a false alarm before our country fired back at Korean. I'm so afraid that's what will happen one day. What's baffling to me, is Trump hasn't said anything about it.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

scientists say this world is made of electrons, protrons & neutrons

The system password is “Password Warningpoint2”

they forgot to mention MORONS

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

Those people must have been very afraid.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

It's a relief that it was a fake alarm but still I don't think something like this is beneath old Kim.
The fat man is really ballsy I'll give him that, if it weren't for the Chinese there was nothing that could save North Korea.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Almost anything to avert a nuclear war is preferable to any nuclear war at all. We need to move to a point where all countries can start dismantling their nuclear programs bit by bit. Even if it requires a centralized world government so be it. I'd rather that than nuclear war. I actually believe some of these **** up survivalists WANT to have one so they can play road warrior in a wasteland mistakenly believing they will be a post apocalyptic badass when really just living 24 hours would be a MONUMENTAL task.

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet